Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size Name: 4 Pack|Change

on June 18, 2009
I was excited when these arrived. Small, but look much more solid than other luggage type locks. The first lock I opened was somewhat aggravating. When you try to lock it again, the key must be turned to the unlock position otherwise it will not seat all the way in to lock. The second lock I opened came apart literally in my hands. The key pulled the entire internal lock mechanism out. With it, all of the key pins fell all over the floor. Absolute garbage. Would not recommend for even the slightest bit of security.
33 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2009
I just got these locks today, and as soon as I took them out of the package they literally fell apart. I tried to unlock them ('cause they came locked), and a lot of small pieces started falling off. I gave it a one star rating, because I had to in order to write the review, but these locks are not even disposable, they're garbage! I wouldn't recommend them to anybody!
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The Master Lock 4689Q TSA Accepted Padlocks extremely difficult to lock and very small. The locking mechanism in one of them actually came apart when I tried locking it. I had to scramble to pick up tiny metal balls and spring that flew out before my dog would eat them. Master is a well known and respected brand and I am disappointed these locks are not made from the strength and quality we have come to expect from Master.
on June 2, 2009
My 14 year old daughter broke the one I gave her to show her how to unlock and lock them. If they break that easily, then why even bother putting them on luggage. The locks are cheaply made and virtually worthless. I'm replacing them with Samsonite locks that have a five star rating.
on September 29, 2009
Please don't buy this product. I bought it and each lock fell apart into pieces without any force. The key inserting part came out with the key. Go for the regular good old brass locks. I gave 1 star because I cannot review without stars. no stars for this product.
on August 20, 2010
Out of 4, one gone out of order right out of the box. Put the key in, rotate and try to pull it out. It might bring out the keyhole as well. Even the toy locks are better than this. Another one doesn't get locked. Don't buy this junk.
on November 12, 2015
arrived on time. We were planning to fly to Missouri and decided to lock our checked luggage. These little locks were perfect for the zippers on our luggage. four locks keyed alike were a very good idea.

I had read that some had problems with the locks. Others explained the difference between these locks and the one you snap on a hasp I will summarize what I learned from reviews and my own experience.
1. You use the key to both lock and unlock. The key must be turned while you pull the lock open.
2 you must have the key turned to the unlock position while you push the lock closed. Important, the lock will have a slight click when it fully locks, then turn the key to lock position. If you do not push the key all the way down past the slight resistance before the snap it will not be locked and you can easily pull the lock open after you remove the key so be sure to check it before you leave your luggage.

If the lock opens just put your key back turn it all the way to the unlock position and press down until you pass the resistance until you feel and hear the little snap. Then turn the key and remove it. Test again.
on March 19, 2014
I bought these because it says TSA accepted but I guess they were not. my locks were cut off when they went through screening. I bought these a few months ago and travel with them the first time and they were cut off after one time use. Guess they are NOT TSA type. I give it a 1 star. Definitely sad about this and WILL NEVER purchase again
on May 14, 2016
I ordered blue, but received pink; had to force my boyfriend to put it on his luggage since we didn't have time to get another one.
TSA didn't have a problem opening it, and even left a note for me to let me know.
One of the locks didn't work and it took us a while to open it (the part where you insert the key was crooked and it would not turn). Thankfully a bobby pin did the job after two broken nails and half hour trying. I will spend a little bit of money and get some better quality locks next time.
on January 3, 2013
The locks are great and provide a great sense or comfort when traveling I took them out of the package as soon as I received to make sure they werent broke since I had read some of the reviews and they work perfect! I also adore that they all have the same lock! great for multiple bags or a family!