Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on August 30, 2012
These are excellent locks. Several people have noted not TSA approved, but every good hotel their has learned how to open the TSA approved locks. Yes that's what you need for checked luggage at the airport, but that's not what you want in your hotel room or if you've left your luggage with the porter. Outside of checking your bag with the airline you want one that is not TSA approved. That's why I bought these.
55 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
These locks are fairly small, but seem to be very strong. Setting your own code is easy and only takes moments. The only negative is that the numbers on the dials can be hard to read in indoor light as others have pointed out. Also, they are not TSA approved, meaning if you put these on the outside of your luggage TSA will not be able to open them to inspect them. This is a plus to me as I don't care to lock my luggage for transport on the plane. It's the need to put items in my luggage and lock it while it's stowed at the hotel that I'm concerned with. Dishonest staff all know the TSA codes and having locks like these keep them out of your bags.

All in all, these are an excellent choice for luggage locks. They're strong and sturdy (in the Master Lock tradition) and you get to set your own code to unlock them. I deducted only for the readability problem of the letters in indoor light. 4.5 stars.
on July 11, 2013
Didn't have any problems with it locking up or the combo changing by itself. Used these on my backpack when I traveled to Europe to make sure Pick-pocketers didn't take stuff from my backpack.
on March 2, 2016
Only wish they came in two colors so it was easier to distinguish the two.

If you're not sure how to change the code, it's very simple. With the combination set to "0 0 0", pull the "U" portion of the lock up and turn it 90 degrees. There is a small notch where the "U" piece is connected so line it up and push it down firmly. While in this position, you will find that you can now turn the dials to set a new combination. Just be sure that you are pressing down firmly the entire time.

When you are done, take the pressure off and use the lock as you normally would with your own combination now! Just repeat those steps anytime you want to change the code.

If you're worried or unsure about resetting the combination, I would suggest doing one number at a time just so you don't reset the code accidentally.

PS - If you found this review helpful, would appreciate if you'd take one second to give it a helpful vote below. These opinions are my own and not influenced by the manufacturer or the supplier. I use reviews from other customers when making my purchase decisions and hope this was helpful to you.
on November 6, 2011
We have many of these at the university that we use to seal computers instead of luggage. These are super easy to break into. If you lift the metal hook until it stops, you can literally "feel" the lock unlock when you switch to the right number (Starting from the bottom to the top). Bottom line is, these are fine when you have sight of your luggage or don't have anything too valuable in them. I wouldn't trust them for anything else. Also, with 10 minutes of free time, you can physically bend them until they break.
on July 18, 2013
I used these locks to lock my suitcase and valuables away during my recent trip to Europe. They were easy to set up and worked perfectly fine. Even though they weren't TSA approved I didn't have an issue since I just placed them on once we were settled in our bed and breakfast.
on December 17, 2015
it works perfect for my tool box. its a little small (meant for luggage) but it works. i don't know if it would really stop anyone if the wanted to break into it but it will keep them from just opening it
on July 11, 2013
I used these when I traveled and they were durable, functional, and easy to use. Setting my combination was simple.
on April 3, 2016
I use it for school more often, we have a locker, it is convenient, easy and safe, that’s all I am looking for. I don’t have the need to use this lock for luggage as I don’t travel or do business to other places. So I can’t give any advice about that, anyway, I believe it’s good enough for me, or you are a student, it will good for you too.
The only problem is they are a little narrow, not very prefect to open and lock.
on March 29, 2016
Oh, did you want to lock up something valuable in a tiny locker? Then this is the lock for you! Safely store your valuables in places like the gym and your very own apartment when you have a sketchy roommate who keeps making things disappear like your cottage cheese. I mean who eats cottage cheese anyway and why are you eating mine?