Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Master Lock 646T Set-Your-Own Combination Luggage Lock, 11/16-inch, 2-Pack
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 30, 2012
These are excellent locks. Several people have noted not TSA approved, but every good hotel their has learned how to open the TSA approved locks. Yes that's what you need for checked luggage at the airport, but that's not what you want in your hotel room or if you've left your luggage with the porter. Outside of checking your bag with the airline you want one that is not TSA approved. That's why I bought these.
55 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
These locks are fairly small, but seem to be very strong. Setting your own code is easy and only takes moments. The only negative is that the numbers on the dials can be hard to read in indoor light as others have pointed out. Also, they are not TSA approved, meaning if you put these on the outside of your luggage TSA will not be able to open them to inspect them. This is a plus to me as I don't care to lock my luggage for transport on the plane. It's the need to put items in my luggage and lock it while it's stowed at the hotel that I'm concerned with. Dishonest staff all know the TSA codes and having locks like these keep them out of your bags.

All in all, these are an excellent choice for luggage locks. They're strong and sturdy (in the Master Lock tradition) and you get to set your own code to unlock them. I deducted only for the readability problem of the letters in indoor light. 4.5 stars.
on July 11, 2013
Didn't have any problems with it locking up or the combo changing by itself. Used these on my backpack when I traveled to Europe to make sure Pick-pocketers didn't take stuff from my backpack.
on March 2, 2016
Only wish they came in two colors so it was easier to distinguish the two.

If you're not sure how to change the code, it's very simple. With the combination set to "0 0 0", pull the "U" portion of the lock up and turn it 90 degrees. There is a small notch where the "U" piece is connected so line it up and push it down firmly. While in this position, you will find that you can now turn the dials to set a new combination. Just be sure that you are pressing down firmly the entire time.

When you are done, take the pressure off and use the lock as you normally would with your own combination now! Just repeat those steps anytime you want to change the code.

If you're worried or unsure about resetting the combination, I would suggest doing one number at a time just so you don't reset the code accidentally.

PS - If you found this review helpful, would appreciate if you'd take one second to give it a helpful vote below. These opinions are my own and not influenced by the manufacturer or the supplier. I use reviews from other customers when making my purchase decisions and hope this was helpful to you.
on July 18, 2013
I used these locks to lock my suitcase and valuables away during my recent trip to Europe. They were easy to set up and worked perfectly fine. Even though they weren't TSA approved I didn't have an issue since I just placed them on once we were settled in our bed and breakfast.
on November 6, 2011
We have many of these at the university that we use to seal computers instead of luggage. These are super easy to break into. If you lift the metal hook until it stops, you can literally "feel" the lock unlock when you switch to the right number (Starting from the bottom to the top). Bottom line is, these are fine when you have sight of your luggage or don't have anything too valuable in them. I wouldn't trust them for anything else. Also, with 10 minutes of free time, you can physically bend them until they break.
on April 24, 2016
These combination locks were super affordable and came with two locks, which I was very happy about! I started going back to the gym recently but I was out of a lock, and I was afraid I would have to purchase one of those master locks with a large dial on it (which I have a hard time opening sometimes) or the ones with a key, and I'd lose the key somewhere at the gym. These locks are super compact and you can set your own combination. Although these are less secure because of how small they are, and there are only 3* 0-9 digit combinations that you can set it as, I highly doubt anyone at the gym would sit there and try all the combinations. Anyway, I'm really glad that comes with two so I can give one to my co worker who also goes to the gym with me. It was also very easy to set up the combination the first time. One thing I do not like is that it is difficult to turn the dial sometimes.
review image
on March 29, 2016
Oh, did you want to lock up something valuable in a tiny locker? Then this is the lock for you! Safely store your valuables in places like the gym and your very own apartment when you have a sketchy roommate who keeps making things disappear like your cottage cheese. I mean who eats cottage cheese anyway and why are you eating mine?
on July 11, 2013
I used these when I traveled and they were durable, functional, and easy to use. Setting my combination was simple.
on September 17, 2014
I wanted locks to put on my luggage to minimize snooping by hotel cleaning staff, and make it more unlikely something in my bag to mysteriously disappear. I don't care about these locks NOT being TSA approved, since I almost always carry on my bags. Actually, I DON'T WANT TSA approved locks... and here's why... I saw many youtube videos showing how simple it is to open TSA approved locks... with some simple devices, that you can buy on ebay, a TSA approved lock can be opened in SECONDS... a seasoned thief or snoop will likely own these tools.... at least with these locks, they can't be opened "quickly", unless they break them... and in that case, I know someone has been in my bag (which is what I want to know)..... The entire lock is METAL, and has a solid weight. They would be difficult to pull open. You'd likely need a good set of pliers. yes, with 20 or 30 minutes, maybe you could scroll through 999 combinations, but a snoop isn't likely to do that.. they want to get in and out quickly. Obviously these are not going to stop anyone from TAKING your bag, or cutting it open and taking things inside.... I was only interested in the sneaky thief that might take small item hoping you won't notice it until you return home. I played around with these to see if it was obvious or easy to pull on the shackle to figure out the correct combination numbers... on that front, they seem well designed. I then changed the default combination. VERY easy to do, just turn the unlocked shackle 45 degrees, ando PUSH the shackle IN.... quite firmly till it stops... then while holding in the shackle, change the rotary numbers to whatever you like. Release the shackle, and you have a new combination. You can change the combination as many times as you want, to anything you want. I suggest you not use 1-2-3 :-)