Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 30, 2012
These are excellent locks. Several people have noted not TSA approved, but every good hotel their has learned how to open the TSA approved locks. Yes that's what you need for checked luggage at the airport, but that's not what you want in your hotel room or if you've left your luggage with the porter. Outside of checking your bag with the airline you want one that is not TSA approved. That's why I bought these.
55 comments86 of 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
These locks are fairly small, but seem to be very strong. Setting your own code is easy and only takes moments. The only negative is that the numbers on the dials can be hard to read in indoor light as others have pointed out. Also, they are not TSA approved, meaning if you put these on the outside of your luggage TSA will not be able to open them to inspect them. This is a plus to me as I don't care to lock my luggage for transport on the plane. It's the need to put items in my luggage and lock it while it's stowed at the hotel that I'm concerned with. Dishonest staff all know the TSA codes and having locks like these keep them out of your bags.

All in all, these are an excellent choice for luggage locks. They're strong and sturdy (in the Master Lock tradition) and you get to set your own code to unlock them. I deducted only for the readability problem of the letters in indoor light. 4.5 stars.
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
Didn't have any problems with it locking up or the combo changing by itself. Used these on my backpack when I traveled to Europe to make sure Pick-pocketers didn't take stuff from my backpack.
on November 6, 2011
We have many of these at the university that we use to seal computers instead of luggage. These are super easy to break into. If you lift the metal hook until it stops, you can literally "feel" the lock unlock when you switch to the right number (Starting from the bottom to the top). Bottom line is, these are fine when you have sight of your luggage or don't have anything too valuable in them. I wouldn't trust them for anything else. Also, with 10 minutes of free time, you can physically bend them until they break.
22 comments28 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2013
I used these locks to lock my suitcase and valuables away during my recent trip to Europe. They were easy to set up and worked perfectly fine. Even though they weren't TSA approved I didn't have an issue since I just placed them on once we were settled in our bed and breakfast.
on July 11, 2013
I used these when I traveled and they were durable, functional, and easy to use. Setting my combination was simple.
on April 15, 2014
Much harder to pick than those TSA locks...very sturdy. I use them on my carryon backpack after passing through security as an added level of protection.
on December 17, 2007
For the money, these locks are ok. I couldn't see how they were supposed to be opened by TSA which the description implied that they could be. However, for keeping the suitcase locked in a hotel room they work just fine.
11 comment7 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2014
I became tired of having to remember where I was placing my luggage keys. I always found myself having to dig around to get out the key to add last minute items into my luggage. This just helped me so much to be less responsible for one more item to travel with. Setting the combination to one I could remember was a plus, in addition to being able to store the combination easily on my smart phone for quick reference in case my memory would fail me. Everyone should experience easy accessibility to their luggage by using this durable, well made lock.
on June 4, 2015
Poor quality. It snapped in half the first time my rolling case bumped a wall
review image