From the Inside Flap
While there's no substitute for real-world trading experience, the chance to learn from those who have consistently succeeded in this demanding environment is the next best thing. In Master Traders, author Fari Hamzei provides you with the rare opportunity to learn from some of the top traders and market analysts in this business.
Engaging and informative, Master Traders introduces you to an outstanding group of financial expertsfrom seasoned hedge fund managers to top technical analystswho discuss new and provocative methods that they use to tame today's highly volatile and unpredictable markets.
Composed of chapters contributed by these leading financial professionals, Master Traders contains a variety of proven strategies and techniques that will give you an edge in the world of stocks, options, and futures. You'll become familiar with many important strategies from advanced technical and sentiment analyses to pairs trading. Once you've gained a firm understanding of all the tools examined, you'll be able to choose the ones that best suit your trading style. Some of the advice and insights found within these pages include:
- The question is not whether fundamental analysis or technical analysis works, rather it is "how and when do they work?" (Jeff deGraaf)
- Understanding market-implied volatility is the key to bettering your trading performance. (Alex Jacobson)
- The ability to market time individual stock sectors can boost overall investment returns dramatically. (Frank Barbera)
- One way to approach investment opportunities in the biotech sector is not by chasing the big names, but by carefully researching second-tier players. (David Miller)
- The major advantage of using seasonality is that it allows you to trade those periods when seasonal tendencies are consistent. (Phil Erlanger)
- Given the cyclical nature of markets and the irrational behavior in the investment environment, the combination of technical and fundamental analyses can help you better identify potential trading opportunities. (Jeffrey Spotts)
- The markets for European derivatives, and options in particular, present unique opportunities to diversify holdings, hedge positions, or gain leverage. (Timothy Corliss)
- By following specific rules and methods, you can gain a better understanding of how volume interacts with price, and increase the accuracy of predicting future price patterns. (Tim Ord)
The professionals in this book have enjoyed extraordinary long-term success in the marketsand the hard-earned knowledge they've gained can be used to enhance your trading skills. Straightforward and accessible, Master Traders provides you with the information you need to succeed in today's dynamic markets.
From the Back Cover
Praise for Master Traders
"Fari Hamzei has assembled an impressive array of trading authors. Fari's own work on sentiment indicators is definitely worth reading, as usual, as is technical 'master' Phil Erlanger's. Furthermore, there is plenty of useful information on derivatives in the chapters by Alex Jacobson and Jon Najarian."
—Lawrence G. McMillan, The Option Strategist and President, McMillan Analysis Corp.
"Master Traders provides invaluable market education and wisdom from those who have distinguished themselves, not only by their track records in the market, but also for their risk and money management expertise. Strikingly, readers will find that these Masters use the basic understanding of human nature to achieve trading success and know how to achieve simplicity by focusing on the essence of opportunity."
—Mario Alberico, Partner, Financial Services Industry, Accenture, LLP and former senior vice president of electronic trading and market data, Chicago Mercantile Exchange
"Fari Hamzei knows a lot about the markets and so do the traders/analysts he has assembled here. From sector analysis to option strategies, from price and volume to volatility, there is sure to be something of interest in this compilation for every trader."
—John Bollinger, CFA, CMT, BollingerBands.com
"A straightforward, down-to-earth guide to using technical analysis, tips from the master traders, and excellent options information for successful trading. In my opinion, a manual every investor can profit from."
—Ned Bennett, CEO and co-founder, optionsXpress, Inc.