Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 24, 2007
This book was by far the easiest to understand, and most well written treatise on the subject of astral projection I have read thus far. It lays out it's information in an easy to follow, well structured way, as to not overwhelm the reader, whilst conveying the necessary and pertinent information clearly and effectively. It is well deserving of it's many 5-star reviews; and as for it's 1-star reviews, I feel I must shed some light on this matter.

Many of them (the negative reviews that is) are written by the same person; a rival "author" who goes by Sapphire. This individual is infamous on Amazon for writing all of his own reviews, as well as writing negative reviews for competing books. He has many fake identities which he uses on Amazon, including: "A. reader"/"Astral Reader", "Mark", "William Broderick", and about 30 others. He has very poor understanding of English grammar and syntax, which is painfully obvious in many of the self-written 'reviews' for his books, as well as in his books themselves. As some of us began to catch on to the fact that most of his reviews were written by the same person, he changed his tactics to include blatant plagiarism; where he would simply cut and paste from other authors' reviews to hide his terrible grammatical skills. I verified this treachery by simply Googling a line from one of his grammatically correct reviews; and to my surprise, it came from another review right here on Amazon, for a book on astral projection no less! Sapphire not only writes only 5-star reviews for himself, but he deletes any review which threatens to either A) expose his terrible 'books' for what they are; or B) expose his dishonest reviewing tactics. I am not the only person to realize this however, and if you desire proof, you can view the Amazon product forum discussions for "Successful Astral Projection to the Space and Universe", by Sapphire. Click on "See all discussions", and there you will see a hilarious back-and-forth between the actual readers and some of Sapphire's fake identities. Thankfully, Sapphire cannot delete forum discussions as easily as he can delete bad reviews!

Apparently Amazon has no interest in stopping this conman's dishonest and immoral activities, however, when I see that a great book like "Mastering Astral Projection" is getting an increasingly poorer rating; and I know that this is mainly because of an endless barrage by some jerk's fake reviews; I can't help but try to do something. Robert Bruce is an outstanding author, as demonstrated in "Mastering Astral Projection" as well as his previous book, "Astral Dynamics". I guarantee that if you read either one, you will not be disappointed.
55 comments| 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2005
While defiantly not as technical or detailed as his other book, Astral Dynamics, Mastering Astral Projection provides the techniques in a much more structured format. I had owned Astral Dynamics for over a year, periodically doing some of the exercises, but unable to make any real progress. By the end of the first month of using this new book my energy body was buzzing all day long and even my normal dreams were being regularly transformed into OBEs. The affirmations plus the additional exit techniques make this book unique from its predecessor, but most important for me was the day by day structure which forced me to take the time and do the work needed to be able to consciously project.

If you have natural iron clad will power, then defiantly just buy Astral Dynamics. Otherwise, it doesn't get any better then Mastering Astral Projection.
55 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2004
I like that it is organized in a day by day method. It averages about 2 pages per day. This really helps me stay motivated and focused. The explanations are clear and concise. I also enjoyed the dual perspective of a novice, with all the difficulties he faced, and an experienced projector. Just enough information is given so you can easily focus and not feel overwhelmed. It is suggested that you also read books that describe out of body experiences (OBE) to help your subconscious accept the idea. This is great advice.

When I was reading Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce and reading The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda I had and OBE when I drifted off to sleep. I felt my body leave my other physical body just like I was passing right through it. I wasn't expecting to project so I panicked and returned to my body. It really felt like I was being yanked right out of my body. After I realized what had happened I was really excited and somewhat disappointed that I didn't fully go through with the projection. It wasn't until later that I found out that Carlos is a fraud, but he is an entertaining author anyway. What was important is that my subconscious believed and was inspired by the book which helped induce an OBE. So stick with the books suggested in the back of Mastering Astral Projection for reputable authors who have projected.

If there was anyway I would improve this book I would prefer more pictures. Astral Dynamics has some helpful pictures when learning the energy development exercises that Mastering Astral Projection doesn't. The lack of pictures doesn't detract from the easy instructions, but it would have been nice. On the CD that comes with the book the software is for MS Window computers so Apple/Linux fans are kind of out of luck. To be fair, as far as I can tell there aren't any easy to use biaural brain wave software for Apple or Linux. What I would have liked are mp3 sound tracks of what the Brain wave generator was playing so all computer platforms would be able to take advantage of the presets, not to mention I could load the audio tracks to my iPod and do the exercises anywhere. The biaural sound wave software is not necessary for projection, they are just a nice extra. The author really crammed everything he thought would be helpful for astral projection into this book.

This book is primarily focused on how to get you out of your body, so other books which describe the OBE environment are helpful. Overall if you are looking for a practical step by step method for astral projection this book is hard to beat, I highly recommend it. I would also recommend Astral Dynamics by the same author for an overview of the astral area.

Some of the books which describe experiences out of body are:
(...)
11 comment| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2004
This book is divided into two parts. Part One (weeks 1-6) focuses on learning the prerequisite skills for learning to have an out of body experience. Part Two (weeks 7 - 13) focuses on learning deliberate conscious exit projection. Initially concerned about a day-by-day program, I was relieved to discover that Part One wasn't just fluff to fill out the 90-day course. Instead, it focuses on the fundamentals of learning OBE that are critically important later on. There is enough new material each day to keep you engaged without making you feel overwhelmed.

The chapter content was written by both Robert Bruce and Brian Mercer, which shows clearly in Mr. Bruce's humorous, easy-going style and Mr. Mercer's clear, well-organized desire to communicate the basics of astral projection to OBE novices. The book is broken down into thirteen chapters, one chapter to be read each week before completing the daily exercises. Two pages of instruction are devoted to each day's practice, and this includes space for writing notes and observations. The space for journal writing varies by day, however. It would have been nice to see more writing space (though, I suppose, the book is big enough as is!)

The computer CD-ROM that comes with the book is, in itself, worth the price of admission. It is full of extras: An electronic dream journal template, affirmations recorded on MP3, and a shareware program called the BrainWave Gen, a stereo headphone sound program that has 25 listening "presets", each lasting from 60 to 90 minutes. The technology is very similar to the Gateway Experience wave programs. Also, like the Gateway Experience program, the sound recordings are integrated into the 90-program. There are three types of sound programs: those for bringing about lucid dreams, those for learning OBE skills, and those for learning how to project out of body.

I am a registered BWGen user and one of the folks Mr. Mercer contacted for assistance in creating the presets. Mr. Mercer modeled the elements of his presets after BWGen sound programs that had successfully helped other people have OBEs. I, myself, experienced the famous OBE vibrations for the first time during week 3, while listening to the sound program and practicing the mind quieting exercises. I wasn't even trying to have an OBE!

I should mention the BWGen is shareware, which means after 30-days a dialogue box appears at start-up asking you to register. It goes away after several seconds, however, and then and always is a fully fictional program. The registration dialogue is a minor annoyance for such a functional program. A small compromise the authors had to make to include it for free with the book.

All in all, this book is an excellent stand-alone course that holds your hand through the entire process and tells you step-by-step what to do and how to overcome hurdles. An excellent all-in-one source for learning this often difficult ability!
on November 21, 2004
I have a collection of over 200 books on OBE/Astral projection and Robert Bruce's pioneering work "Astral Dynamics" is in my top three personal favourites.Robert has a very engaging, sympathetically warm and thoroughly empirical writing style which is most welcome. I did not think that this sequel dealing with astrasl projection could match the quality of the original.I also have a wee bit of hesitation in promoting or advocating "programmes" for developing OBE and, indeed, any other psychic discipline since, as a reasonably experienced "astral projector" I am only too aware of my own "laziness" when attempting to keep to a daily programme in spiritual development. "Sloth" I would suggest,is particulalry prevalent in the pursuit of any spiritual discipline.I imagine my own failings in this regard are quite widespread and I just wondered how popular this daily programmed tome would be.

But I am delighted after reading this book. It is absolutely choc-a-block with refeshing, very readable insights and concise "running commentaries" on the whole process. Very valuable techniques and observations for the aspiring and experienced projector.

It is particularly useful for the beginner , desperate to experience their first OBE and for the "jaded practitioner", enough golden nuggets to set the fire of ambition to soar out of the body again! Highly recommended.
on October 22, 2004
This is really a wonderful way to saturate your mind with the skills and 'know how' to achieve conscious astral projection. Normally I'm not so thrilled with day to day manuals on how to achieve something, but the more I learn how to learn, this is really a fantastic way to get the message across to the subconscious and accomplish goals in an easier, well planned out way. Usually I buy a book and go through it like a machine, with out giving my self the necessary time to really assimilate the ideas. I can't do that with this book. It's like having a personal teacher come over for an hour or so each day then vanishing. Leaving you with bits of building block information, too little to forget, but too much to not practice for that moment. Robert's other book, Astral Dynamics, is a great book for getting an idea of what OBE's are all about, and I think this book, Mastering Astral Projection, is a perfect companion for applying skills to make it happen. I give this book 5. Hats off, Good Job!
on May 31, 2005
This book offers you a program which in easily digestable chunks will have you developing a variety of skills. These alone are worth the doing (the New Energy Ways program is practical, immediately percievable as vaulable, easy to understand, and will have you buzzing over the implications), but then used together facilitate a person's gaining real experience in leaving "the physical body" and having meaningful experiences in other realms.

It is as neatly organized as a teaching technical manual ought to be. Each week and each day have a thoroughly thought out plan as to what is to be done, and each section has the "why" to tie it together, (aka "theory); just enough to make sense of things... not so much as to overwhelm. It is decidedly down to earth in tone, with very little in the way of hoopdedoopty occult language. Additionally, the two authors have widely different personalites and experience sets, and their separate commentaries on each week's lesson's focus give a broad spectrum to the information delivery.

The book has not only the written set of instructions, but also software that assists the listener to focus brainwaves to a frequency that has been found to assist in the production of trancestates that are conducive to the out of body experience.

This book, and it's companion volume by Bruce, "Astral Dynamics", taken together would make a solid foundation for a 3+1 credit hour junior or graduate level course. It really ought to be a MUST course for any philosophy department: First person experince of existence outside the physical body will insist that Existentialism redefine itself. The course will also make fine adjunct study in many other fields, especially in Psycholgy, Human Services and Justice curricula.

The only problem with the program is that you have to do it. It is EXACTLY like all those "learn french in 90 days" or "learn HTML in 90 days", etc... You have to have the discipline to make it work.

For achieving OBE, this one of the most accessable and reliable means available.
on July 28, 2006
Ignore the 3 bad reviews below. They 're all by the same fella whose trying to peddle his own cheesey selfpublished OBE book on lulu.com.

Me and my boyfriend used this book to OOBE's on several occassions. We liked that it takes you through it in small steps. It only took me a few weeks before I was remembering my OOBE's. Took my boyfriend longer. Learning to OOBE takes time. Dont let anyone tell you different.
on January 25, 2005
I agree with the other reviewers and just want to add a few things.

The authors have a website with supporting material, including a forum where the authors will routinely answer questions about the 90-day program. There are also some great articles and tutorials. I just read an article by co-author Brian Mercer about how he created the sound program "presets" that comes on the CD-ROM that comes with the book and the technology behind it.

The combination of Robert Bruce (an experienced astral projector) and Brian Mercer (a relative newcomer to out of body travel) is a great combination. Admittedly, there are some things that I just "didn't get" in Robert's first book on astral projection, that become clear here. The authors worked in tandem on the lesson material such that some of the basic basic information (information an expert writing alone might have left out) are provided here.

This is a "must buy" for anyone interested in the subject.
on January 24, 2005
Make no mistake....this is NOT your ordinary astral projection book. For 35 years I have searched and hoped for this kind of information on astral projection. Every book I read left me with more questions than answers and offered techniques that always seemed to be lacking in one way or another. Then I found Mastering Astral Projection By Robert Bruce and Brian Mercer. It was like a gateway opened up and the light at the end of the tunnel was finally in reach.

Robert Bruce is clearly the world's foremost authority on astral project taking the reader step by step through a simple easy to follow program that will get the arm chair reader UP and OUT of their body into realms beyond imagination! He explains the science behind astral projection in a clear and concise manner that is like a breath of fresh air while he teaches you fail safe methods to insure your success and freedom.

If this were not enough he has also included a CD that will play on your computer for those of you that wish to experiment with brainwave stimulation giving you even MORE control and therefore experiences in the astral worlds. This CD is NOT needed to experience astral projection, it is added as a tool to supplement your journeys.

If you're ready to stop reading about astral projection and start DOING IT..... then BUY THIS BOOK!