4.0 out of 5 stars Mastering AutoCAD 2012
This book is very good for beginner and intermediate users. If, you are looking to learn about SHEET SET MANAGER, you won't find it here. They totally left out this topic.
Published on August 31, 2011 by Nathan of Nha Trang

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better
The book is extensive in information but it's presentation is not the clearest. Also it would help if the images were in color. I wish I had purchased something else.
Published on September 21, 2011 by proinwv

4.0 out of 5 stars Mastering AutoCAD 2012, August 31, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Always comprehensive ACAD books from Omura, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Paperback)
This is my third Mastering AutoCAD book and I strongly recommend it as a great book to always have on your bookshelf as reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is very helpful to expanding your knowledge., March 5, 2013
This review is from: Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Paperback)
it is helping me learn and grow as a seasoned draftsman/designer. It helps keep me up to date on the new revisions to the program.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very happy with this book., October 28, 2011
This review is from: Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Paperback)
I am a novice at using AutoCAD.
Before ordering this book I have learned enough to do very basic 2d drawings of sail panels for Falcon Sails. [...]

Now that I need to step up to 3d stuff, my just learn as I go approach does not work so well. I need to add to my knowledge base in a more structured way.

So far, I have read 100 pages of this book starting with the more difficult 3d chapter.
It is very well written. I rarely get lost and I am adding nicely to my autocad knowledge.
I really like the way it assumes you know very little about the layout of autocad, and consistently describes each step in detail so you are not left searching around & get hung up on simple things. At the same time the consistency of process documentation allows you to breeze over the sentences you do not need.
Even if you are an autocad expert, you may need this for a while when you step up from an older version of autocad.

This book has had multiple editions before this one. It shows that it has been continually improved.

Some people complained it is not in color. That would be better, but it is a minor issue. I will take the well written book over the color pictures every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good reference book, a must have.., December 27, 2012
This review is from: Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Paperback)
I would recommend this book for people that are new or even at least 2 years worth of professional experience with AutoCAD. Being a 15+ year veteran, I would say that this book would have been helpful to me in my first 1 to 2 years of using CAD. I started CAD back in high school which I used a similar reference book. It did help me understand the format and functions of how Autodesk environment work. Once you get past that, I believe the book is only 2 to 3 steps better than the help menu that AutoCAD software has. I was hoping for better examples (being that it's already 30 years since the launch of the software), but at a book that has over 800 pages and the margins and printing of this book are ample for your own notes, it almost feels like it could have been printed on 400 pages or less (I'm the kind of guy that likes very small margins in my reference books, just enough to get the edges of the pages dirty from my finger prints, but not to the point where I can write my own cliff notes along the margins in the book, that's what a "notebook" is for).

1.0 out of 5 stars WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!, April 3, 2012
This review is from: Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Paperback)
Been using and teaching AutoCad since release 10 in the 80's. This is by far the worst text book I have ever seen. The tutorials are very difficult to follow, text is scattered all over the board and does not follow a logical sequence. Text itself is filled with countless typos and errors. Chapter 6 alone has at least 6 error that make completing the assignment a tedious task. Don't think it was ever proofed before being published, if it was the person who proofed it sure did not use the tutorials to complete any of the chapter drawings. Save you money and get AutoCad books and texts by "Shrock" or "Wohlers". The Applying AutoCad series by Wohlers has been out for 20 years, there is a reason it has lasted the test of time. The "Mastering AutoCad 2012" text is a waste of time and money!!!!! Returning for a refund when my college class requiring it is over.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, September 21, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Paperback)
Good book, easy to read and understand, I have no AutoCAD experience so this is worth the buy. excellent product

4.0 out of 5 stars George Omura Has done it again, February 9, 2014
Leslie Gibbons (MELBOURNE, VIC Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Paperback)
I Have been using AutoCAD since the Early 1980's (Version 2.18). Mastering Autocad has been with me throughout my career. and this book is no exception. Although somewhat dated now, I have found the continuing help from George Omura's progression of AutoCad books invaluable to the learning of what is really a complex program. Hints abound and a comprehensive understanding is guaranteed..

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivery and quality of product., January 27, 2014
This review is from: Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Paperback)
I got what I ordered way ahead of time. Product is in excellent shape. I saved myself about thirty bucks verses a new book. From what I saw, this is new. Not a scratch on it.

Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012
Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 by George Omura (Paperback - June 7, 2011)
$49.99 $33.04