4.0 out of 5 stars Portable Crilley's YouTube companion book, Chapter 2
This is the ebook version of Mark Crilley's Mastering Manga. This ebook includes only the second chapter of that book.

Published on March 29, 2012 by Neko-san

2.0 out of 5 stars Many White Pages on the Kindle
The content offered was okay, but there are many blank pages in between other pages and it doesn't appear intentional as if it was set up to be printed as a workbook. Had I know this, I would've spent my money on a used copy of one of his printed books.
Published 21 months ago by Mary Maxwell-watson

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable Crilley's YouTube companion book, Chapter 2, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies (Kindle Edition)

This is the second installment of this how-to-draw manga book. All tutorials are at least seven steps long, ensuring that you won't get lost. These tutorials build up in skill and detail and towards the end you are drawing two character scenes such as kissing or fighting. In chapter 2, you get 20 Chibi Emotions, 50 Ways to Draw Hands, 50 Ways to Draw Feet, 30 Classic Poses, and plenty of tips about clothing such as Clothing Folds and Wrinkles, Dress Pants and Jeans, Skirts, T-Shirts, Sweaters and Coats.

As an ebook, this one is not that bad either. It uses a clear, easy to read font type, paragraphs wraps around well, includes an hyperlinked table of content for easy navigation, and handles well the picture content of the book in relation to the text. The only negative is the price as compared to the full ebook version, considering that this is one out of three. But it is cheaper if you only care about drawing manga bodies.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Mark's stuff and am also an avid fan of ..., September 10, 2014
Bryan S. Coffman (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies (Kindle Edition)
I love Mark's stuff and am also an avid fan of his youtube posts. While a book can't substitute for the direct feedback loop you get with an instructor in a class, if you diligently apply yourself to trying Mark's techniques in this book, your drawing skills will improve. It's a great support for practice. I also use it for inspiration and correction on my own art work. BTW, I'm not a professional artist by any stretch of the imagination. It's just a hobby but even if it's just a hobby I want to improve over time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies (Kindle Edition)
I'm a huge artist so this definitely helps. It's all in his manga book I already had, but this makes the pictures larger, so it's easier to follow.

2.0 out of 5 stars Many White Pages on the Kindle, February 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars To draw all ages Manga style, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies (Kindle Edition)
This is exactly what I was looking for. I needed some tips on how to draw not only the traditional adolescent manga, but other characters like mothers, fathers, a police, etc. and this book guided me to do it.

I love Mark Crilley style, simple and beautiful characters in different positions that helps to draw for some other scenes.

I also watched at his videos because he explains in detail how to draw and its easy to follow.

2.0 out of 5 stars Reusing art from his other books, November 17, 2014
This review is from: Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies (Kindle Edition)
using art from a book I have. the folds are why I gave it one more star also because I'm not sure if it's used. I say buy the first one you get everything in this book and in every other book. also watch his youtube it's even batter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for beginners, November 23, 2014
This review is from: Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies (Kindle Edition)
This is a great book for beginners and I should know. It gives the basics of drawing manga and then some.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 13, 2014
This review is from: Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book and so does the kiddies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies (Kindle Edition)
Because I don't feel like retyping retaliation @ make my review for the face book her made. It is great.