Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 13, 2010
although I've owned the D5000 for 8 months, I never realized its full potential until reading this book. I've been going through the book step by step, trying out and setting up all of the many menus in the camera. The author explains each setting in great detail. Illustrations are small but useful. If you're looking for a book of pretty photographic examples, this is not the one you want, but if you're wanting to use your D5000 to the max, this is the best book on the market.
on September 13, 2010
This book is EXCELLENT for those who are ambitious enough to want to take great pictures with their D5000. Having just crossed into the DSLR realm, I was dumbfounded by all the settings that the camera offers. This book takes you option by option how to set up the camera to take the best pictures for YOUR subjects. It explains fully what each setting is for, but then will tell you that if you are, for example, just shooting pictures of your family around the house and such set this to X. The best line in the book is "set it and forget it" when referring to an obscure setting that most people will never have to change. If you are a novice or intermediate photographer, YOU NEED THIS BOOK. After reading it and learning so much, I would have paid double for it.
on August 23, 2010
I recommend it very much. I'm an enthusiast photographer for over 25 years, and wanted a complementary reading to the D5000 I was buying. The author is well humored and technically skilled. What I like most is the "I recommend" line at the end of each topic: his experience truly shows helpful. I've been able to explore several new possibilities for the camera that the original manual didn't really explain clearly. The reason I don't give it five stars is that is is a bit expensive.
on September 6, 2012
Great product , I'm about half way threw it. Lots of helpful hints. I have this book downloaded to my Kindle Fire and review settings easily. I'm taking better photographs since I got this app. Thanks
on March 19, 2013
This is an excellent book for those purchasing a used Nikon D5000, especially if the book is in the Kindle digital form. Young does a masterful job explaining all of the features of the camera body, both limitations and usefulness. If you take advantage of purchasing used or obsolete camera bodies in order to focus your budget on fast lenses, Young's book will help you immensely. Well worth the money paid!
on October 5, 2014
When I first got my Nikon D5000 in 2010, I did not know how to use the camera, I had to maintain everything set to Auto. I did't knew anything about photography at that time. Three years later, I went to a photography session where I was introduced to just to the three variables of the camera. I was intrigued, so I searched a book that could help me understand my old camera (old because better cameras exist now ). This by far, is the best book.
on May 26, 2012
So many tips and tricks! Love that I can now throughly enjoy using my NIkon D5000 the way it was meant to be used. Easy to understand and shows pictures of actions for reference. If you really want to get more out of your Nikon D5000, this is a must have!
on July 17, 2013
Great reference book for the D5000. Should have gotten it right after buying the camera, as I would have gotten a lot more out of the camera. As an old time film combat photographer just getting into digital photography I am blown away by the capabilities of the digital camera. This book really guides you through the camera in a step-by-step way.
on August 31, 2014
For the first time I actually understand my camera. The author explains every menu and takes you through each step and tells you what settings he recommends & why. Plus he references the page in the camera manuel on each topic.
on February 10, 2014
Mastering the Nikon D5000 is more than an owner's manual -- it's a book about making better photographs with the vast array of tools available in your D5000. The book covers every aspect of the camera and its many tools and using those tools to take pictures that are photographic art. Best of all, it's a book that's fun to read. I recommend it highly.