Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

100%

on July 21, 2008
As a media professional, I often forget that most people don't know how to navigate the art of communications. Hamlin has broken down the navigation so even the greenest of communicators can create a successful plan for media relations. Real-world examples fill in this creative how-to guide, making success that much more tangible. If you're a nonprofit type who's wise enough to know how important good communications are -- no matter how big or small your venture -- then Hamiln's book is one of the best (not to mention cheapest) ways to learn the basics, increase your knowledge and make the media work for you.
on October 29, 2008
Mastering the Media

This book is particularly useful to me as a director of a non-profit. The advice here is simple, direct and concise. What's even more interesting to me personally is just how much I learned. I worked as a reporter for more than 25 years (both print and television)and was on the receiving end of so many pitch calls from groups seeking publicity.
So, I should really know it all, right? Nope. I was taking notes.
Excellent!
on July 27, 2008
David Hamlin has produced a good read crammed with important information for non-profits. He obviously knows what works in the complicated world of media and shares both broad concepts and the "how to" with much effectiveness. I appreciated the summary statement at the end of each chapter. This is a must have for small non-profits who want to share the stories that support their mission.