Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on December 3, 2012
I honestly didn't know what was the premise of the plot when I downloaded this book but I couldn't resist the gorgeous body of the pictured model. I have reservations at first as I found out that it is a BDSM themed story. But just like the other reviewers had said, keep an open mind. This book did not disappoint. While I maybe naive and not well-versed into this lifestyle, I found the story truly engaging and well written. The heroes/ heroines are strong but imperfect. I love that they have a lot of substance and yet realistic. I felt a variety of emotions, I have never felt from any other romance novels. I laughed, cried and blushed at some of the erotic scenes but I felt it was appropriate and didn't feel it was excessive. I love it so much, I bought the rest of the series and read all of them in one week between my work breaks and late at night.
55 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
If you are a spouse of a military veteran or personnel that has experienced war times this book series is for you. As an avid reader I have never found an author who actually gets what military personnel go through. Ms. Masters shows in detail the stress and fears these men and women experience throughout their lives. As a spouse of a military veteran who suffers from PTSD I could relate to all of the characters in this beginning story and the following stories that are currently available. After reading this introduction to these brave men you will want to purchase the entire series that is currently available so that you can see how they evolve and begin to heal. But, warning...keep a box of tissues handy. I cried during each of the stories because I could see my husband's experience in each of them. This is a series you don't want to pass up!
33 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2012
This book has it all. Savi and Damien's story is the hardest to read because of all the suffering she's been through but holy smokes is this book good. I've been sucked in and cannot wait to read the rest of them, especially Karla and Adam's story. I'm so glad I ignored the negative review about this book not being about love. It certainly is NOT about violence and I feel sorry for that person that didn't look past her own issues to see what an amazing reading experience this book is. DO NOT MISS THIS BOOK!
VINE VOICEon October 21, 2011
I came across the introduction to the Masters at Arms series while I was scrolling through books on the All Romance website. The Synopsis intrigued me because two of the characters had a 25 year age difference, and I wondered how in heck the author would make it work, so I purchased the book I figured I didn't have much to lose because the book was only 99 cents and if it bombed then I wouldn't be to disappointed and out of much money. As I started reading the book I was drawn into the beginnings of the complex and emotional story of Adam and Karla, then it abruptly ended and I was like "WHAT??" The next story was the introduction to Damian and Savannah and I became even more drawn in, learning about Savannah's bazar and abusive relationship with her father, that made me two parts sick to my stomach and wanting a knight in shining armor to pop up and rescue her, however the "would be" knight comes in the form of Damian a young guy barely out of his teens with a set of his own problems; and therefore wasn't in a position save her, because he himself needs to grow into a strong enough man for Savannah before he could become her hero. As soon as I started getting into this story it abruptly ends. However, I started to see how the author was linking the stories and by the time I read the third story of Marc D'Alessio (who I absolutely love), the three separate stories weave into one big quilt of suspense, romance and action and friendship. It's the kind of story that you don't want to end.

Ms. Kallypso's "Masters of Arms" is the beginning of a tales of love, friendship and redemption. Unlike most authors who fill-in the reader as the story progresses about the characters background, personalities and motives; Ms. Kallypso has given her readers a road map and full view of the inner works of her characters to the point that you feel like you know the characters a little and your dying to see what else will unfold on the journey of their individual and collective stories. If you like good story- telling in the likes of authors Cherise Sinclair and JR Ward you will love Kallypso Masters "Rescue Me" series. The first book in the series is "Nobody's Angel". I hope you enjoy the new Masters on the block as much as I have so far. Happy Reading !!!
on July 21, 2012
To start with, I'm not in this lifestyle. I downloaded Masters at Arms just because I wanted to read something different from the usual romance novels and it was free. OMG!!! I was caught from the first page. The stories of Adam, Damian, and Marc are beautifully written. It's hot, spicy, tender, sweet and sad in all right places; the stories are well paced, enchanting and absolutely believable. I loaded the rest of the available books, and finished them in three days. Yeah, the kinky factor is very exciting (for naiveté like me it was something that I would never even imaging could be done in lovemaking), but even without it the books are incredibly interesting read. Each character is well developed, very real and captivating. The stories hold you tight to the very end and make you longing for more. I cannot wait for the rest of the books to be published. Thank you.
on August 5, 2012
Masters at Arms introduces readers to the Rescue Me series with prequel's to Master Marcs, Master Adams and Master Damien's stories as well as some important background information on each of them. It did take a little bit for me to get into the book overall and the feel of it, it wasn't quite what I was expecting, but by Marc's story (the third section) I was flipping the pages and wanting more, more, more!

If you love dark heroes with tortured pasts and strong sexual desires that will have the pages sizzling in your hands then you'll love Marc, Adam and Damien. Each of their journeys is a heart-breaking experience but just when they think they've hit bottom they find a kindred soul in each other. An emotional rollercoaster, you will experience the highs and lows of life along with the characters as they step from their broken shells and work to build a future. Full of passion and pleasure, this one is not for the light of heart (contains incest, sexual abuse, loss, war-time tragedies, BDSM and more) but I'm eager to continue with the series.

Master at Arms is not a full-length story but instead five short stories and a wonderful introduction to the series. This is just to get you quivering in your seat for more, which I am now desperate for. A great read from Kallypso Masters!
on March 23, 2012
Have to admit I too was drawn in by the cover, read the book's description and then the reviews and figured I'd only be spending .99, so why not give it a try. Well, I have spent the last 3 days glued to my Kindle reading Master at Arms, Nobody's Angel and Nobody's hero. OMG, what a great set of books. Not sure i can wait till May for the next one.

Master at Arms introduces you to each of the Main characters. Details their roots, their struggles and paves the way to their futures. You will definately not be able to stop at this book, as there really is no outcome, just the intros, but it will leave you NEEDING to go forward. Great writing will do that, and this writing definately did it for me.

If the BDSM theme is what drew you too this book, go for it, but if you are soemone who is a little unsure of the topic, don't not read it because of that. Although it has so much to do with the lifestyle, it has SO much more in it. The stories are strong, emotionally amd you will totally be engrossed in them immediately.
on June 23, 2013
This book is the introduction to Kallypso's Rescue Me BDSM series. It introduces three main characters and shows us how each of them ended up at a mission in Fallujah, Iraq in a Marines team. After the mission we see the characters come together to form a BDSM club in Colorado. Like I mentioned, this is an introduction to the series and should be read first before the other books because they are not stand-alone. This is not a romance, per se (but there is sex, if that's what you buy books for) but we see relationships forming for the future novels.

That being said, it is a wonderfully written book and it gives a lot of necessary backround for the characters. I fell in love with the men we see here, even if we only see a bit at a time of them in the beginning. The book is certainly worth the extremely low price (I bought it for 99 cents). I love how the author gives us a cheap book so we can get a glimpse of what we'll be dealing with in future books, but the book isn't by any means low quality! Kallypso is really dedicated to making her books a great read and from what I've seen it continues on in her other books.

I highly recommend Kallypo's Masters at Arms and Rescue Me series for any and all who are interested in BDSM novels. :)
on July 18, 2013
I have read books upon books involving military lives and BDSM, but never have I found a series who combines them so seamlessly that I was addicted at first read. This introduction to this fabulous series is not to be missed. The characters are so detailed, so broken, so lovable, that from the first sentence, you are in their corner, behind them every step of the way.
Yes, the books do focus on adult relationships and yes there are sex scenes. They are all beautifully written, and while they contain bondage/discipline/sadism/masochism, they are in no way frightening or disturbing. Kallypso Masters is a true artist, and I have loved every foray I have taken into her world.
on June 23, 2013
If you're like me, you've read a lot of free books with your Kindle. If you're really like me, they've all focused on BDSM, and if you're like me, you've been disappointed in the quality of most of them. I've read over 150 "free" books and I enjoyed only a handful of them. Of that handful, only a few have stood out as books that I would pay for, or buy the sequels. Only one actually made me buy the entire series available in one shot-Kallypso Masters' "Masters at Arms."

This book contains three stories about three men who come to share so much between them. They are all United States Marines (I know, one is a US Navy corpsman, but corpsmen are the only sailors who serve directly with the Marines, thus making them de facto Marines.) They all served in the same unit. They all went through a "trial by fire" in Fallujah that bind them together as close as brothers, and they all share an interest in BDSM.

With each story, we meet a woman whose life intersects with one of the men and sets the stage for some of the most believable and enjoyable books I have ever read. The characters in the books will become your friends-you'll care about their problems, rejoice in their triumphs, cry with their heartaches and cheer with their happily ever afters.

If you want to read a "Free" book that is worth so much more than its cover price, pick up Masters at Arms. You will enjoy it.