5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Horse Spirit Becomes Magical Flying Unicorn!
Published on December 3, 2011 by Cory Howard

Published 14 months ago by KatieB5

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really a play toy, May 20, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HeMan Masters of the Universe Classics Exclusive Action Figure Swiftwind (Toy)
My 5 year old daughter has newly discovered (thanks to Netflix) the He-man and She-ra series. She begged me for toys and I found the collectors figures which are beautiful in comparison to the toys we had when I was a kid. Swiftwind is just that--beautiful. He looks exactly like he does in the animated series. My daughter was so excited to earn him with a full sticker chart. The She-Ra figure does not sit on him because her legs don't allow for that particular range of motion due to her plastic tunic. So She-Ra can ride on Swiftwind's tail (my daughter was determined). We also found out really quick that you can't drop or knock over Swiftwind without his wings popping out and off. I'm not sure if we've broken a wing or not at this point. We now can't really move the wings without them popping off either. I can get them popped back in, but now we are content to leave Swiftwind up on a shelf and have She-ra talk to him now and then.

For collectors, this is an excellent piece. As for a toy, it is a bit temperamental. My daughter still loves her He-man and She-ra and loves her Swiftwind, too, even though she has had to accept that he really isn't too easy to "play" with. Yes, I know this isn't supposed to be a "toy." Even adult collectors need to be careful of the wings, however. We accidentally knocked Swiftwind over on the table that he was standing up on and the wing popped off--so beware, if you dare... to take him out of his packaging for display.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Horse Spirit Becomes Magical Flying Unicorn!, December 3, 2011
As inseparable as Battle Cat and He-Man (or Panthor and Skeletor for those of you more villain inclined); She-Ra is at long last united with her faithful companion Swiftwind. Aside from getting to fly the lovely She-Ra around, what makes Swiftwind so cool is not that he's just a talking horse but is a Pegasus and Unicorn all in one! His figure is large, heavy and expertly crafted (just like we all knew it would be) and looks wonderful with a fantastic and colorful wingspan. Unfortunately, the regular She-Ra action figure released some time ago will have trouble sitting comfortably on Swiftwind's saddle (due to the rigidness of her skirt), but Bubble Power She-Ra (or She-Ra 2.0 as some refer to her) which was released the same time as Swiftwind is supposed to fit on the saddle in a better fashion. Unfortunately, the saddle issue isn't the only bit of trouble that seems to be plaguing Swiftwind. There are also confirmed reports of very loose wings (they are big and heavy), bad/chipped paint around the back hooves, the front legs being too close together and the figure coming with two left legs in the front instead of a left and right. Most frightening for collectors that keep their figures MOC is that there have been reports of some type of sticker covering the dreaded "The Original" burst which is a clumsy and insulting factory error since the burst is intended to be put on a figure's second release, not their first. I however own two Swiftwinds (one loose and one MOC), and both of my figures did not have any of these quality issues; and thankfully the reports of quality control issues are in the minority; so if you're a He-Fan or She-Raver and collect the Classics line, don't let these horror stories stop you from getting a Swiftwind to go with your She-Ra. So cool that even hardcore He-Fans that don't want any Princess of Power "girly stuff" in their collections will be hard pressed not to add this Magical Flying Unicorn!

5.0 out of 5 stars Swiftwind...She-Ra's Trusty Steed, January 16, 2012
One of my 5 year old daughter's Christmas gifts. Excellent detail, wings can come off a little too easily. Can double as Spirit if you remove the face guard (comes off easily) and the wings. It is not recommended for youngsters but my daughter takes very good care of her things and also appreciates the details of her current favorite characters from the She-Ra Princess of Power show. She uses it and her other She-Ra dolls for pretend play and loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Swiftwind looks great, but he is a little fragile, and has a few quality control issues..., October 5, 2014
Swiftwind looks great, and I am very glad I finally have a version of him that looks exactly like he did on the cartoon! Swiftwind is on scale with the 7 inch Masters of the Universe Classics figures, so he is pretty big, measuring about 8 inches tall with an 18 inch wingspan when they are fully spread. There are many nice sculpted details, including veins on his body and feathers on the wings, and on mine at least the paint details came out good.

One complaint I do have is that Swiftwind cannot fully transform back to Spirit. This, in my opinion, is a missed opportunity. His face mask/horn, saddle, and wings are all removable. The pink/blue piece around his neck, however is glued firmly in place, so he can't complete the transformation. Also, some plugs to cover up the wing holes would have been a good idea.

Another one of the reasons I docked him a star is due to the fact a few quality control issues are pretty common with this figure. Some of them, for instance, have two of the same front legs (two right legs instead of right and left, from the knee down), making it harder for him to stand in certain poses (mine has this problem.) Others have issues with wings not snapping completely in place, so they fall out. (mine thankfully did not have this issue.) I have also heard that some have leg joints that can get stuck and snap off if you are not careful moving them- so be aware that he is pretty FRAGILE and should be handled carefully! As much as I would love to say he is a toy, he is sadly not durable enough to hold up under rough play. He was, after all, made with adult collectors in mind.

For those complaining about the high cost: This version of Swiftwind was first released on Mattycollector in late 2011, and back then it was only $30.00 plus tax/shipping. It has been SOLD OUT since sometime in 2012, as far as I can tell. Since that website is aimed more at adult collectors and is also more geared towards subscriptions, there were not nearly as many of these made as there would have been if he had been released in retail stores. As a result, the price has, predictably, inflated quite a lot. (that being said, you can sometimes, if you are LUCKY find one cheaper on Ebay. I was able to get an opened one for a much more reasonable price, although it definitely was not just $30.00)

So yeah, he has some flaws, and he is highly inflated on the secondary market now. He looks beautiful, though. I'm glad I was able to get one, because I sort of doubt they will ever be just $30.00 anywhere else ever again.

P.S. - While the regular Masters of the Universe Classics She-Ra figure has some issues riding him due to her skirt, the "Bubble Power She-Ra" from the same line works just fine. (Bonus Tip- the She-Ra heads can be swapped out.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as pictured, but pricey for as much as a pain the wings are, December 23, 2013
KatieB5 (Woodstock, GA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter, who loves She-Ra as much as I did as a kid. I ordered this and the She-Ra figure for her. This particular piece is very much as pictured, save for the wings need to be attached. There are no directions, a seemingly easy "pop in" type deal. The left "male" side popped in fine. The right female side didn't fit. After my husband and I tried for about thirty minutes, my husband ended up breaking the inner part of the socket, trying to get the right win assembled to the body. We have glued the wings on, so my daughter can play with this $100 toy. Hopefully, the glue will keep them on. This Swiftwind is ridiculously overpriced, especially with the obvious poor construction quality. I get the impression, since these are made for the "adult collector," as stated on the exterior box, that these action figures were never really meant to come out of the boxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars MOTU Classics are awesome!, April 14, 2013
I myself have been collecting MOTU classics since they first started. I have enjoyed every single figure and am still collecting now. I bought this for a She-Ra fan and they loved it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too pricey, April 10, 2013
I bought this for my daughters 6th birthday. she loves Shera and swift wind. I also bought her the Shera action figure. It was way too much money. The wings pop off all the time and after only a couple of months the foot broke. Also Shera dosent sit well on the horse. My daughter doesn't play rough so I know the toy is not made well. I tried gluing the wings and foot but that didn't work. although it breaks easy my daughter still loves it. it just needs to be better made or cheaper in price.

5.0 out of 5 stars FOR THE "MASTERS" FAN, March 16, 2013
Mary Mary "Margaret" (LAKELAND, FLORIDA United States) - See all my reviews
If you are a HeMan fan and especially if you have She-Ra, you will probably want Swiftwind. It is very nice but being old-school HeMan, I prefer the original. However, others in the family think this one is far superior and they are the true fans. It is exactly as pictured.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 21, 2015
Came as estimated and was an excellent choice!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 29, 2015