5.0 out of 5 stars Excellect Matchbox collection
Published 21 months ago by E. E. Edwards

I bought these cars when they went on lightning deal during Amazon's Black Friday event and was so disappointed when I opened the package and saw what was actually shipped to us.

Published 9 months ago by AmazonLady

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading photo/description, low quality/largely plastic cars, December 3, 2013
This review is from: Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary) (Toy)

First of all, the picture and description of this product make it seem like people are buying an assortment of high quality, die cast vehicles that includes not just cars but other cool things like buses, construction vehicles and/or helicopters. What I got was a bunch of mostly plastic Jeeps.

In Amazon's defense the listing does say 'styles may vary'; however, we still expected a good assortment of different types of vehicles in the variety pack because that's what was pictured in the listing. I really think Amazon needs to add a few pictures of the various variety packs they send people and not just the one the listing currently shows. That way customers have a realistic idea of what they could potentially receive. Clearly the seller took a photo of the best pack of vehicles and posted it on Amazon.

This isn't even the main reason I rated this product so poorly. I really can't believe how low quality these vehicles are!

We've always bought Hot Wheels in the past and those are definitely higher quality die cast (i.e. METAL) cars than these. The description of this product says the vehicles are die cast; however, the cars we received were largely plastic. Also the cheap plastic wheels easily bend in on these cars. I also noticed some chipped paint on one of the vehicles. Looking at the picture on the Amazon listing and comparing those vehicles to the ones I received, there is definitely a quality difference. Even the packaging inside the box I received is different than what is pictured in the current listing.

Had I had been shown a picture of the box of vehicles I was sent, there's no way I ever would have purchased this. I definitely think Amazon needs to work on this listing and add more photos so that it more accurately reflects the quality and assortment of vehicles people are receiving.

Obviously, I contacted Amazon for refund on my purchase. Amazon responded immediately and were happy to assist me with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellect Matchbox collection, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary) (Toy)
I like this Matchbox collection. The toys will attracted a child's eye. They are brightly colored metal & plastic with appropriate decals. They are shiny. They come in a box where each vechicle is in it's own space eliminating scratches during shipping. They are manufactured in Thailand. The wheels turn. Some of the smaller parts, such as tires, gas tanks, bumpers, etc. may break off if your child really puts some effort in to it, so it really is not for a child under 3. A toy with a broken part may have resulting sharp and/or pointed areas. I like this collection and may buy a different set (selection) later for a birthday present. If your child is vehicle oriented, I do believe they weill like this set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, missing,cars, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary) (Toy)
Missing car, paint chipped off of vehicles because of previous play. One windshield broke on one of the cars, packaging was terrible. Would never buy from this person again!!! What a disappointment to my grandson in Germany!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured at all, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary) (Toy)
I ordered this set for my 2 year old grandson. There is not one service vehicle in the mix. I received all off road and race cars. I did not even see this pack shown in the picture. Very deceiving advertising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matchbox Cars, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary) (Toy)
I bought this for a birthday gift for a friends 7 yr old boy, they arrived fast, looked just like the pictures and he loved them. Great price for the amount of cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 car gift pack, December 22, 2012
Vicki Anderst (BEND, OREGON, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary) (Toy)
great gift for my grandkids ages 4 & 6. They play for hours on end with these cars and playsets. Never enough matchbox cars to keep with you everywhere you go.

4.0 out of 5 stars He loves it, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary) (Toy)
I bought this for a friends 2 yr old boy, the ship is fast.tThe toy arouse his interest when it was delivered.He loves it,

4.0 out of 5 stars car lover, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary) (Toy)
my 4 yr. old grandson loves matchbox cars and has about 150 of them. I couldn't believe it but tere were actually new ones in tis set. It is a xmas gift for him. I know he'll love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
travelshrink (New York, New York USA) - See all my reviews
Nephews loved this set!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
GREAT MIX AND VERY GOOD QUALITY

Matchbox 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary)
$9.99 $9.47