Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 11, 2015
I purchased this for my nephew and he loves every one of them, I did notice that the models of cars did range from manufacture date(if you look at the bottom). Some of them were stamped in 2002, which is almost 12years but still looks brand new.

If you look at my attached photo you can see exactly which models came with my set, which may vary from yours.

If my review was helpful in any way please click the "YES" button below
review image
on October 5, 2012
I had high hopes that we'd get some cool vehicles in this box. I realized before I ordered it that it wasn't going to be as pictured, but everyone else seemed pretty happy with what they got anyway. Hope my son likes a minicooper convertible, because there aren't any signs of a firetruck, school bus, garbage truck, etc anywhere. The set I got was mediocre, IMO. My son will probably love them anyway and at a buck a vehicle, they are a good value. Press your luck and hope for no whammies!

Updated: After opening the package to inspect the cars a little closer... there is a LOT of plastic on these. That's not what I think of when something is described as "die cast".
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2011
Matchbox cars clearly are not like they were when I was a kid. When Mattel (Hotwheels) aquired Matchbox through the Tyco purchase, clearly there was some 'Cross contamination" between the two lines as a result. Matchbox always seemed more realistic, more solidly built and more consistent regarding their scale from car to car, but that seems like a focus that was lost long ago. So the nostalgia factor is 0, but that being said, they are just toy cars. My kid doesn't care which brand they are, only that they are fun to play with. He plays for hours on a table-top playset, and the variety in this pack gives him options from contruction equipment and services vehicles, to sports cars and station wagons. Add in the few pick-up trucks and the helicopter and you have a complete set of options. Not too bad.
on July 10, 2013
Bought this for my 5 yr. grandson's birthday and he just loves it! He uses the vehicles with all his other car-type toys and they keep him entertained for a very long time. Well made (as Matchbox toys are) and does the job!
on August 10, 2013
I got these for my 4 year old. These cars are great, but not like ones I played with when I was a kid myself. Back then, die-cast toys were mostly metal - strong, durable and had high level of detail. The only plastic components were usually the windshield and black bottom part. Times have changed, and so has quality of what was once a favorite toy brand. The cars they make today have more plastic than metal, they feel cheap to hold, and lack detail and in some cases even poor finishing. I guess they'll never make cars like they did in the good ol' days.
My son however, liked what we received - hence the four stars. Although he would have been happier if he got the school bus. The package we got was not the same that was pictured, although it had police cars, an ambulance and a fire truck. I only wish Matchbox would be what it used to be.
on April 5, 2016
I love Matchbox cars of course - but I don't like not being able to order two different ones. Why would my son want the same cars over and over again? He's 2.5 and goes - "haaave this one alreeeeady!" Lame Amazon.

Even when I ordered TWO, I ended up with two of the exact same box.
on May 8, 2014
I knew from other reviews that the picture was deceptive, so I was prepared when I got a bunch of boring cars and nothing "cool" or different. It was only my disappointment, though, because my 16 month old couldn't have cared less. He loved the cars and didn't know what he was missing. When he's older I'll get him some of the special ones, but for now, he is perfectly content with these.
on January 6, 2012
We bought this matchbox 20 car set for our 26 month old grandson for Christmas since he loves trucks and this package has more trucks than cars. He loves it. It is the first thing he grabs when he comes over and he knows the names of all the trucks. He liked it more than the more expensive Christmas gifts he got.
on September 1, 2015
I recently ordered these for my young son and we love them! They are a wonderful variety of vehicles with several unusual ones. He was so excited that he jumped up and down clapping. These would be a wonderful gift for any small child who loves cars. Always like to have one in my purse or some in the glove compartment for those unexpected waits. Makes it pass more happily for everyone involved.
on January 15, 2013
Growing up, we played with Matchbox cars. We used to have buckets of them and they were durable. Now that my son is interested in cars, Matchbox is the first brand that came to my mind. The Matchbox brand has gone through a few owners throughout the years. The quality is quite consistent. This new set for my son seems to hold up as good as his parents' old cars. My son enjoys them a lot. We use the cars to teach him different kinds of cars, colors, etc. Now, he names the vehicles when he rides in our car. Like most two year old boys, he is quite rough on his cars. He drops them, takes them everywhere including the bath tub and they are still looking fine without any sign of dent or rust.