Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Matchbox Mega Rig Space Shuttle
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$147.99 - $209.55

on July 18, 2008
I ordered this in March and was sent an e-mail within a week or two that it was on back order. I waited 4 months for it to become available, ignoring the e-mails Amazon sent suggesting I could cancel the order. Since arriving last week, my five year old son has barely looked at any of his other toys. He has developed intricate stories around the many different parts of the toy, which includes rocket, space shuttle, launcher, UFO, and can be mixed and matched to more varieties of space ships than he will ever need. The entire line of Mega Rig toys have proven to be one of my best investments for encouraging my son's story telling skills. Their are so many things you can do with them and they are easy for a five year olds strength and abilities. There are many small parts that require you to keep track of them, so get a small basket for safe keeping when not in use. If you lose too many of the small parts the changing forms of it are limited.
on October 14, 2008
When I gave this gift to my 5-year old grandson, several of his older cousins (6-12, male and female) all wanted to play with this. They played for several hours and then we finally had to put the toy away so that our grandson could enjoy his new toy. It's been about two weeks now and he (and his siblings) are enjoying this toy very much. He plays with it everyday and has fun creating different objects.

It is well made and very durable (trust me - my grandsons are not real easy on toys). This one has been tried, tested, and passed with flying colors.
on October 15, 2008
My boys 2.5 and 7 absolutely love this toy. They especially likw the alien and the alien spaceship. They love all space things and this fits nicely with some of their star wars play sets. My 2.5 year old has even been taking the little alien ship to bed with him at night! This is a great set for any kid who are into spaceships.
on June 16, 2008
Knowing other mega rig sets I ordered this without having seen the pictures, but I had not imagines how much fun my 6-year old and his friend would have with this. Realistic enough for easy gameplay but also flexible enough to vary things. And it is - like all the mega rig stuff - almost indestructible, an important consideration in our household.
on July 1, 2008
This is an amazing toy. My 5-year-old got it for his birthday. He loves it! There are so many different ways to put it together and it is pretty easy to figure out how. Plus it doesn't have to be put together any certain way so the imagination can take over and play can continue without any frustration. It is a bit difficult to open the cargo doors and they fall off pretty easy, but they also go back on easily. The only real negative is the alien space ship makes an obnoxious sound. I wish I had taken the battery out before I gave it to my son. The biggest pro is that it will be a toy that he can play with for many years before he outgrows it. I do wish there was more than one astronaut. All in all Im very impressed with this toy.
on October 13, 2008
I am so suprised at how this toy has survived over the last week. It came out looking pretty cheap and destructable, but after a week of heavy play by 3 rough boys, it it still all in working order. There are enough pieces and combinations that everyone is content to play with a section at a time. Our 3 year old twins have no problems pulling it apart and putting it together in new combos by themselves. A nice bonus.

I am very happy this toy has worked out.
on July 18, 2008
on October 13, 2008

I am very happy this toy has worked out.

(I am adding this note a year later) This toy has survived the year and is still very popular with our kids. Only 1 small thing broke, but didn't effect the toys playability or safety. We will be getting other sets in this series.
on October 14, 2008

on June 4, 2012
Overall a good toy but definitely not worthy of $90. I purchased this as I was looking for a $100-range gift but it turns out to be a $30-quality toy. Its high price is because the toy has been discontinued and hard to find in other retailers. So unless this is something you are specifically looking for, don't waste your money.

See 1 answered question