Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Materials and Design, Second Edition: The Art and Science of Material Selection in Product Design
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 21, 2009
I'm not a big fan of this book.

What I don't like:
-The information is unorganized, and there are plenty of places that need some serious editing. I really can't stand incorrect grammar (obviously unintentional), especially when there's so much of it that I start focusing on that instead of the subject or the story.

-They often do not fully flesh out explanations.. especially when mentioning technical details (which, is ok for us engineers, but hard for other readers). It seems like they were focusing on the number of pages and the layout more than the information in the chapters.

-There's "further reading" bibliography-type information at the end of every chapter.

-The side footnotes are ok with me, but often, the information is not really important or interesting enough to be on the same page as what you're reading about. I'd, at the very most, put them at the end of the chapter.

What I like:
-Although I haven't actually had a chance to use them, or even look through them carefully, the latter half of the book is full of charts and information on specific materials/processes.

-It has a very clean, simple layout, which looks nice.

-It's relatively short.
on January 12, 2014
This is a great book that gives tons of useful and interesting information about tons of materials. But, when I received this book, the front cover had been bent back and flattened during the shipping process, leaving a crease across the entire height of the book. If you use/play with a lot of different media, this is the book for you!
on August 1, 2014
Okay but, not what I expected.
on September 28, 2010
This book contains all the production techniques and materials that a student should know and it is written in a clear way.
on April 8, 2013
i love it very much,it is just great,well written and very useful.tthe perfect book for a designer and a scientist
on February 2, 2013
This is a very great book. I got it as a new one and the delivery was on-time, in a big box full of tiny white "against-beaten" particles!
on August 4, 2013
Just what I needed for school, and it was very good taken care off now tears or bends; great new book smell.