TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 31, 2013
The French firm Matfer Bourgeat imports its own baking and cooking equipment from France. They are headquartered on Sepulveda Blvd, in Van Nuys, in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley. Matfer Exoglas utensils are widely used in French restaurants AND HOTELS, and in French homes. In the USA it is also used in fine restaurants and hotels proudly offering fine French cuisine, or "continental cuisine" as it is sometimes, diplomatically, referred to (Almost all fine dining in restaurants and hotels around the world is French-based cooking...sorry, but that is the truth).

This Exoglas cooking spoon is one of Matfer's most popular items...used all day by discerning chefs. Made of a fiberglass composition, it is food-safe, pleasant to hold, and pleasing to the eye. The spoon's bowl is shaped exactly like the hand carved box-wood cooking spoons, now to a lesser degree, also used in France, though a boxwood spoon will absorb and tend to retain flavors or odors migrated from other dishes...this spoon will not.

A spoon like this is not often used for serving food because it is smaller than ideal for that job. It is used for sauteeing, stirring pots, and blending in ingredients added to a cooking pan or pot.These spoons are the perfect size and shape for taste-testing as you cook. A classic shape, does what it is designed to do, and is not that expensive. I have three 11/7/8," two 14," and one 16." I use them every day...the smaller ones most frequently.

If you like cooking French recipes, buy these. You will love them. Made in France.

For feedback or questions, please respond in the Comment section below.. If I have helped you please let me know.
___________________________________________

To view my Blog, THE GOOD STUFF REVIEWS, please go to my Profile and click on the blue highlighted link.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
These are absolutely the best informal serving spoons my wife and I have ever used or owned.

They are large and made from a plastic which seems totally inert in every soup, sauce, pudding, or even Texas Chili to which we've exposed them. They come with and without holes, so make sure which you are ordering (I own both). Unfortunately, the color selection seems limited to red and blue. Handles are comfortable and sturdy.

Also, you should try the mixing spoons, which have absolutely replaced every wooden spoon I have. My oldest one is about 5-6 years old and shows no sign of wear or use, but I had to order 4 more so my wife and I don't fight over the single spoon when we are cooking!
on January 6, 2015
We have one. And I bought a second one for my daughter (who wanted to have two). For her, it makes a perfect size pancake.
on January 1, 2015