Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Math Blender
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

This is really not what I needed right now in my life - yet another very addictive game for my Kindle. I downloaded it and played it for 45 minutes straight during my lunch break at work, and it is fun, challenging, makes you think a bit and has you lose all sense of time. I will also be putting this on my children's Kindles as this is a good one to get them to think creatively.

You are given a set of "blank" spots in a math equation (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) that you need to fill in with a set of pre-populated tiles of various numbers and math operators (the + and - signs, etc.). It gets progressively harder, and the game has 100 puzzles for you to play. It's pretty straight forward to play with your eInk Kindle, as you use the 5-way controller and the page forward / backward keys. If you do get stuck or just can't figure it out, there is a "hint" type of icon you can press that will give you the answer - use it as a last resort as it will reveal everything vs. giving you a hint for one of the empty spots on the puzzle.

As mentioned above, there are 100 puzzles, and in these categories:
Intro puzzles - 2
Addition puzzles - 20
Subtraction puzzles - 16
Addition and subtraction puzzles - 20
Multiplication or division puzzles - 12
Mixed puzzles - 30

As I type this review, the game is free for your Kindle - even if they charged a few bucks for it, I would say it is well worth it!
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2012
This is somewhat like the math games 24 or Krypto. Each puzzle comes with certain blocks of data, and equations to fill. For example, 24569+×= might be the set of blocks, and with 24569+×=, you need to fill in the blanks for:

_+_=_
_+_=_
_×_=__
_+_=_×_
_×_+_=__

2+4=6 works for line #1
6×9=54 works for line #3

Each line is a separate puzzles. All of these puzzles are like that, and the last equation is generally the hardest to solve. There are 20 pure Addition puzzles, 16 Subtraction puzzles, 20 Addition and Subtraction, 12 Multiplication and Division, and 30 Mixed puzzles. If you can easily fill 24569 into the blanks for that last line above, then perhaps this puzzle game is too easy for you. It was an interesting challenge for me, and this is a free game, so I can give this my highest recommendation.
on April 11, 2012
Great game for practicing math skills and exercising your brain. Can select type of math operators in puzzle (addition only, addition and multiplication, etc), so good for young learners that haven't mastered more complex skills or need to work on a particular type of math problem. Also enhances deductive reasoning.
on June 4, 2012
Let me just tell you now, I am only tweleve years of age. So, you can either take my advice on whether or not to get this game, or ignore this comment. I absolutely love this game. It is definetly worth your while. It's a really addicting game. I have to admit, at first I was like, "I'll get this game, but I probably won't like it that much." Well if your thinking that... your wrong. If you like math, there is a 99.999% chance you'll love this game. You have to find all the different combinations you could possibly make. Whether it's multiplication, division, addition, or subtraction. Buy this game.
on August 30, 2012
Initially I expected this game to be unchallenging - just your basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. But to my pleasant surprise, Math Blender is no slam dunk. There are problems involving each one of the mathematical operations as well as ones that involve multiple operations. The problems grow in level of difficulty as you have to identify all possible combination of operands and digits given for each problem. I recommend this game to old and young alike who enjoy some mental stimulation - at a great price.
on May 19, 2012
I'll be blunt. I hate math. I hate sudoku even more because I never could do well at logic games like that.

This game, however, just has you playing a game rather like the word games where they give you a jumble of letters for one round and you attempt to make words from that jumble.

This is a great time-waster, and not that hard at all. However it can be frustrating when you find that the answer you couldn't find was blatantly obvious!
on April 19, 2012
Downloaded this game just because it was free. I very quickly fell in love with it. Then my 14 year old daughter and her friend took it over one night while we were at dinner. I finished all of the challenges on it within a few days and hope there will be a #2. But the good news is that you can erase your answers and start over. I highly recommend this game for kids and adults as well.
on May 15, 2012
I was kind of skeptical about this one, because the word "math" in the title suggests something more like flashcards than fun. But hey, it was free ... and surprise suprise, Math Blender turns out to be a rather addictive logic puzzle!

There are four sets of puzzles: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. In each, you need to juggle the symbols and numerals you've been given to make valid equations. Some of the skills you'll need will be familiar to fans of Kenken and Word Arithmetic puzzles, but Math Blender isn't quite like either.

My only quibbles: it would be nice to be able to use the keyboard to type items, instead of toggling the four-way to select them; and it's not going to take long to work through all the puzzles included. But maybe a volume two is on its way ...
on February 3, 2016
These will definitely make you draw on your math skills! They go from easy to challenging. I do wish there was a 'HINT' button, where it might fill in 1 blank on the harder puzzles, I found myself repeating some of the equations - it does tell you if it is the same as what you just entered - I am currently stuck on a level and I go back to it every now and then. I could cheat and go to the internet to figure it out but I think that defeats the purpose! But I may have to!
on July 14, 2014
A very good workout for the brain! I have been going to many different "levels" trying to get all the ones that I could figure out and then when I get stumped I move to another area. You can go back and finish ones that have stumped you and try to finish them later. There is a page (or more then one page, I forgot to check that out) that has boxes on it with the different levels to play and if you have skipped some it will tell you the percentage of that level you have completed which makes it easy to go back and find the uncompleted ones. For the game example you might get a list of 4 equations you have to find in your mix of numbers and symbols like: 4 6 + 9 = 1 3 + 4 1 the equations look something like _ + _ _ = _ +_ and the numbers are used singly or as double digits. Very mind bending and you don't need to know algebra or advanced math for this game as it's pretty simple if you were fairly good in math and did not have algebra or higher math classes in school. Later in the game levels they add in multiplication and division. Good mental workout, buy it!