Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

on November 21, 2002
When I tried to help my 5th grader turn fractions into percentages I realized I needed a refresher. This book starts out with almost too basic of problem sets, such as addition and subtraction. But it quickly moves on to multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals. After testing your skills, the author fully explains and writes out the process of finding the answers and then how to double check your work. Also a chapter with some minor math tricks to make it all go a little faster.
With 2 chapters dedicated to applying these skills,the book successfully did the job I bought it for.
on June 8, 2010
I purchased this book for my nephew who is considering homeschooling, and is doing a trial this summer by reviewing the classes he did poorly in. The first chapter in caused a great deal of frustration because the answer key did not have correct solutions to the problems.

Now we know to double check with a calculator before marking something wrong, but who needs that hassle. I trusted this book to be correct and as the purchaser who gave it to the child, it makes me look bad for buying a flawed product for his homeschooling.

Otherwise, I do like the book and the series as a review or refresher of a subject, but not as the main course without supplemental materials because it is not very detailed.
on April 13, 2014
Needed to teach my grandkids fractions book was great. Great fir for review. Easy ti understand and had great examples
on January 7, 2013
To many mistakes with this edition......Had to check answers with first edition book.. Do not buy this edition.. no no