From the Back Cover
180 Reproducible Activities to Motivate, Excite, and Challenge Students , Grades 612
Judith A. Muschla and Gary Robert Muschla
Math Games offers a dynamic collection of 180 reproducible activity sheets to stimulate and challenge your students in all areas of mathfrom whole numbers to data analysiswhile emphasizing problem solving, critical thinking, and the use of technology for today's curriculum!
Each of the book's activities can help you teach students in grades 6 through 12 how to think with numbers, recognize relationships, and make connections between mathematical concepts. You pick the activity appropriate for their needs … encourage the use of a calculator … or provide further challenges with activities that have multiple answers.
Designed to be user friendly, all of the ready-to-use activities are organized into seven convenient sections and printed in a lay-flat format for ease of photocopying as many times as needed. Following is just a sample of the activities you???ll find in each section:
- WHOLE NUMBERS: Includes 23 activities focusing on Operations, Place Value, Factors, Primes and Composites, Attributes of Numbers, Exponents, Types of Numbers, Patterns, and more.
- FRACTIONS, DECIMALS, AND PERCENTS: Offers 30 activities that explore topics such as Greatest Common Factor and Lowest Common Denominator, Mixed and Complex Fractions, Rounding Decimals, Money and Change, Scientific Notation, Ratios, Proportions, Operations with Percents, and more.
- GEOMETRY: Includes 26 games and activities that teach lessons about Parallel and Perpendicular Lines, Angles, Types of Quadrilaterals, Congruent and Similar Figures, Circles, Pythagorean Theorem, Line and Rotational Symmetry, Euler's Formula, and more.
- MEASUREMENT: Presents 30 math activities that highlight Customary and Metric Measures, Computation with Time, Equivalent Measures, Fahrenheit and Celsius Scales, Perimeter and Circumference, Areas of Polygons and Circles, Volume and Surface Area, and more.
- ALGEBRA: Includes 35 activities focusing on all operations with Integers, Functions, Equations, Radicals, Quadratic Functions and Equations, Linear Inequalities, and more.
- DATA ANALYSIS: Covers 9 math activities that offer lessons on Simple Probability, Data Displays, Addition and Subtraction of Matrices, Matrix Multiplication, Probability and Odds, and more.
- POTPOURRI: Contains 27 activities that feature Word Problems, Palindromes, Patterns, Translations and Reflections, Computer and Internet Words, and more.
"For classroom teachers interested in successfully incorporating differentiated lessons into the existing curriculum, this book offers ready-to-use and relevant activities. And for students, it provides an enjoyable opportunity to challenge themselves while studying familiar concepts."
Michelle DiGiovanni, 7th grade math and science teacher, Round Valley Middle School, Clinton Township, New Jersey