Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Math: Grade 6 (Master Skills)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on March 26, 2000
This workbook helped my son do very well on math placement tests and start the year running. Not a boring book of problems to do, but more fun problems that are more realistic. The whole master skills series is the best I have used.
on August 2, 2000
When I first received the book,I was very pleased with it. However,after working about half of the problems, I grew tired of correcting the many mistakes in the answer key. The answers in the answer key were not edited at all. I believe the author should have done more homework. Not satisfied!
on August 4, 2010
As a retired teacher, I can testify that this workbook is excellent. It is colorful and fun, has clear explanations and examples, and plenty of problems for the student to use for practice. I recommend it for adults and children who want to improve their sixth grade math skills.
on July 17, 2011
I'm going to be using this as a review book for certain topics and the standards are aligned with this book. The book also has short headings that help explain what some of the information in the book is, which is helpful for the students.
on October 17, 2009
This product was superior to the other workbook I bought for my eleven year old daughter. It does not touch on algebra, though. If you want a general outline of the core applications for sixth grade, this is pretty good. I am using it as a gague to see where her teachers left off last year and it is doing well.
on April 3, 2011
Purchased this book to use with a child in seventh grade who is working at a fifth grade level. Will use it to bring the child up to speed given the guardians ensure home work is done -- by the child. It seems to be comprehensive and works from the simple to the more complex
on July 16, 2011
I used this book to tutor a child this summer who is going into 7th grade. This was a great product to help us review what he had learned in Math last year!
on August 1, 2013
Lots of good math practice here, but suddenly, shockingly to me as a parent, on page 38 all the division problems are about drinking and blood alcohol content and how long it takes to stop being drunk?? About insurance rate increase after a drunk driving conviction?? About alcohol related fatal car crashes??

What??

I think Master Skills thinks they're being 'socially responsible', but is this appropriate for 6th graders? I think not.
on September 20, 2013
brand new book very happy with my purchase. I will order the others in this series. Got it before the promise date, how cool is that.
on December 29, 2014