5.0 out of 5 stars Love this curriculum
Math U See for the lower grades is fantastic. I'm writing this review because although I love the curriculum, this sales person has the teacher packet listed at $10 HIGHER than the company.
Published on August 29, 2007 by B. Paternoster

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for multiplication..3rd grader
I homeschool my 3rd grader who cries when it comes to math time. We were using Saxon 3 before this. So I thought with all the great reviews we would try this. Well she still cries as soon as she does not get it. She does not even really want to use the blocks and would rather figure it out in her head.
I do think he goes rather fast when teaching it and you have to...
Published on January 12, 2009 by K. Bafik

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this curriculum, August 29, 2007
This review is from: Math-U-See Gamma Teacher Manual (Focus: Multiplication) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great program, July 27, 2009
This is a great program. I have a son with high functioning autism and this was the only program that helped him. But the alot of these people are asking way too much for these books. Some people on here and ebay are asking more than the company even charges for brand new one. Not to mention math u see the website has free worksheet makers to help- you. I love amazon but if you are selling these or buying these bring the prices down or people are getting ripped off. These books are combed binding and as of April 2009 math u see is phasing them out for bard back edition with alot more worksheets that are double sided. They are also more detailed. These older editions are fine, work great what I have used this far, but the website has them on clearance some you can get 20$ and some sets 35$. Great program but dont pay too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars We LOVE math-U-see!, September 23, 2009
Last year was the first year we tried math-u-see, and by the end of the year was his favorite subject. Now we are in the Delta program. He really likes watching the dvd, cause if he doesn't understand it, he can watch it again and agian til the light comes on. We ordered ours through MUS, their staff is really helpful.

The downside of the MUS program (if you even want to call it that), is that in CA it will not prepare your child for the STAR testing. It focuses one main subject every year, instead of bouncing around like the other math books do, but by the time they reach algebra they have truely mastered all of the "foundation" math (add,sub,mult,div,frac,dec).

I am not willing to teach my son how to take tests, so this does not matter to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Math-U-See Curriculum -- An excellent curriculum, July 28, 2009
I have been homeschooling my children for 5 years. I have used Math-U-See from the beginning. Steve Demme, the author and founder of Math-U-See, is a former math teacher who has taught at all levels of math in public, private, and Christian schools. Mr. Demme teaches each lesson on the dvd to a small student audience. Math-U-See uses manipulatives to teach math concepts. My children have enjoyed learning in this manner. This hands-on approach has made learning fun and easier by having the manipulative blocks to actually see and work the problems. The student workbook not only provides problems for the current lesson, but each also contains a systematic review of all previously taught concepts. This reinforces what has been learned as well as introducing new material. I really like this aspect of the curriculum, because it is so easy to forget earlier material if isn't regularly reviewed. I highly recommend this math curriculum.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for multiplication..3rd grader, January 12, 2009
I do think he goes rather fast when teaching it and you have to pause it a lot. I would say it is okay, but not up our ally really. I still have not found the perfect math program.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, poor shipping packaging, August 24, 2010
The material was as described, but was poorly packaged when shipping. My product arrived open and damaged. I contacted the seller for a partial refund, but got no response.

1.0 out of 5 stars YOU CAN GET THIS FOR 25 BUCKS AT MATH-U-SEE AND THERE IS NO DVD THE BOOK IS WORTHLESS AND OVERPRICED!!! CALL MATH-U-SEE!, May 20, 2011
Math-u-see,

We wanted your curricula, but your website is HORRIBLE!!! It is so glitchie, we were trying to order what we have been trying to order for months! But your website wouldn't take my card, (nobody else has a problem, just you guys) my original order was-A comb bound Math-u-see teachers guide and DVD (because your website wouldn't take my card ) I even paid 46 dollars at Amazon.com to get this but when it arrived NO DVD) it was the comb bound book only!! I fell into a lump and cried. So my dear husband said HE would go onto your website and try to buy our daughters curricula with his card, after scooting some money from savings we decided we could spend around 100 dollars (much more than I was ordering before) He said he'd splerge and even get the student kit, skip count CD and some manipulives, (even though I have some of those are on order from Amazon too). My husband put everything in the cart, he accidently put an extra manipulitive and the new gamma teachers kit, which we didn't mean to buy, when he pressed edit order the website said order confirmed, He screeemed "Noooooooooooooooo!!!!"! We can't afford that!!!" So now we've spent TWICE what we can afford and will have 3 teachers guides 2 DVD's 3 manipulitives kits (counting the one I bought at amazon) a skip count CD and a student book all for one forth grader stuggling who is struggling with math. I was trying to save money by buying the one you have on clearence and wasn't going to by the student kit. I was orriginally going to spent 82 dollars and now (between the double order at your website and your website not taking my card, so getting swindled at Amazon) we've have spent over 260 dollars and we can not affort this. This has been a nightmare!! I shouldn't be crying over curricula, I have gotten to where I hate math-u-see. We want to cancel our order. ASAP!

Math-U-See Gamma Teacher Manual (Focus: Multiplication)
Math-U-See Gamma Teacher Manual (Focus: Multiplication) by Steven P. Demme (Paperback - 2004)
Used & New from: $25.92