4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun head start for such an important subject!
Published on August 6, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price
I bought this to use in an early childhood classroom. There just weren't enough original ideas to justify the cost of the book or the shelf space.
Published 11 months ago by Sherry in TX

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun head start for such an important subject!, August 6, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
We loved this book! This is for people who want to incorporateeducation into fun times with the kids but are sometimes short onideas. I would recommend this book for working parents because it is easy to be organized or introduce projects at a moment's notice when bits of time are found. All of the ideas and instructions are right there in front of you. It would also be easy to leave for a caregiver as a lesson plan. Stay at home moms can certainly use this book to help fill the many hours constructively.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic First Math Curriculum, January 28, 2008
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
I purchased this book four years ago for our child when she was a preschooler. This book is ideal for those children who like hands on learning activities and games. The book utilizes activities and games to teach mathematical concepts in a fun and engaging format. I would follow this book up with the Singapore Earlybird Math books 1A-2B, then proceed to MCP Kindergarten Math.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source for an Early Childhood Curriculum., September 4, 2005
D. Lane "Book lover" (austin, tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
Great source for an Early Childhood Curriculum. This book gave me wonderful ideas on teaching little ones to counting and math. This book helped me plan lessons for my home toddler/preschool daycare. This book is a MUST HAVE for home daycare providers and home schooling parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of ideas!, February 16, 2006
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
We love this book. The activities are simple to prepare and easy for my 5-year old to understand. This is a great help in practicing beginners' math concepts with her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Builds math intelligence, October 14, 2009
Crease in the Page (Hills of Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
I'm so impressed with all the activities in this book. I am not just picking and choosing activities to do with my preschool-aged daughter, we are pretty much doing every activity. And she is really learning to count. I love that all the activities are interactive and conversational. All areas of intelligence are included: science (count animal footprints or bird calls), interpersonal (find four ways we are alike), etc. All learning styles are also met: hands-on (make numbers from clay, make a counting wand...), auditory (includes some counting songs), and even olfactory (is that a learning style? Not sure, but this book has kids making scratch-and-sniff numbers using spices).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy and fun book, March 23, 2009
Cherub (Oxford Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
This book is really fun for young kids. It's an easy way to learn about math. Great for parents or preschool teachers. Most of these activities can be done with minimal "stuff". Very cute book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideas!, October 2, 2012
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
One can never have enough ideas on how to introduce Math and numbers at a young age and make it fun. We are still exploring this book. I purchased ours used and it was in pristine condition! I'll be adding many of the other selections from the Little Hands series to our library as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars "great book!" says a teacher, March 24, 2012
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
hi, I'm a teacher and bought a large amount of best-rated books for pre-school aged kids because I now have a little one. This is the best Math one I've found. (I was going to write negative reviews on the books I hated, but decided I just needed to be highly positive on the good ones.) Anyway, I think this has some great ideas. .. and incorporates differentiation of learning styles: music, art, etc-- kids learn by various avenues. . . .anyway, this is YOUR BOOK! . . . and maybe also look into some Montessori curriculum to supplement for preschool-aged kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Math for PreK, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
I teach special education preK. This book is invaluable. I kept borrowing from the public library but decided I needed to add it to my professional library. It is a great way to teach math that is developmentally appropriate as well as being fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference tool!, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) (Paperback)
This book is really great for teachers who have limited experience in math instructions. Preschoolers do not just sit and learn numbers; they need to experiment with the concepts. This book lists many wonderful strategies to help us to design activities to help our preschoolers to develop a better understanding of numbers, colors, shapes, or anything related to mathematics!

Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series)
Math Play! (Williamson Little Hands Series) by Diane McGowan (Paperback - April 1997)
$12.95 $9.71