5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent text for mathematics for el-ed classes
Published on November 20, 2005 by Charles Ashbacher

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of ERRORS
So the text has a lot of math errors, which can create frustration while trying to learn. The authors leave out several steps when showing how to find the answer which becoming annoying. This book is meant to teach how you can educate the subject but leaves the student with a lot of gaps.
Published 15 months ago by Paige Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent text for mathematics for el-ed classes, November 20, 2005
This review is from: Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers (Paperback)
I teach a course in the fundamentals of arithmetic and logic for elementary education majors so I examined this book as a possible textbook for the spring semester of 2006. I found it very suitable, the coverage is exactly what needs to be covered and the presentation is targeted at the appropriate audience. My students would have no trouble reading and understanding the text. I was going to use it this spring when my schedule was suddenly changed and I was no longer teaching the class. However, it is likely that I will use this book if and when I teach the fundamentals class again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Text book as well as a career tool, October 2, 2009
Erik E. Kilpatrick "Erkzawa" (South Bay, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers (Paperback)
I needed this book for a college math class designed for aspiring teachers. What I didn't expect to find was its clear and presise explanaitions and step by step procedures that help you not only solve, but understand the math problems. In addition, there are many helpful tools and ideas on projects and assignments that teachers can use in the classroom, no matter what grade they teach. I am not nor have I ever been a math lover, I have historically been the opposite. But believe it or not, I am now excited to get in the classroom and try my hand at teaching math to my students.

I'd also like to add that I purchased this book used and I was pleased that it shipped very quickly, and the book's condition upon arrival was exactly as described.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of ERRORS, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mathematics For Elementary School Teachers Text book, February 14, 2007
This review is from: Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers (Paperback)
This was shipped fast and in perfect condition. Exactly what I wanted.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't know, February 22, 2009
This review is from: Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers (Paperback)
Let me tell you something.I feel concern about it because I didn't receive the book that I ordered I receive a different one, so I have to run to the library and try to find the book to be able to do my class. I think is not fair because I really needed the book

Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers
Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers by Tom Bassarear (Paperback - March 2, 2004)
$234.95 $204.19