- Brand Name: Matias
- Model Number: FK304
- Connectivity Technology: Bluetooth
- Keyboard Description: QWERTY
- Color: Black
Matias Bluetooth Folding Keyboard for MAC
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Full-size and portable. Compatible for Mac computers.
- Comfortable tactile feel
- Enhanced Number Pad
- Fast Function Key
- Pump up (or down) the volume
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Also, setup is a breeze: no special drivers needed (assuming your bluetooth adapter is setup correctly), and pairing is idiot proof.
I only have three gripes: the keyboard uses two AAA alkalines. I'd much rather a device like this use a Li-ion battery, and for the price, the omission is inexcusable.
Also, the folding action is a bit touchy. I'd almost say it's cheap. It's not a huge problem, but if you're not careful, I can see how it would be easy to break the plastic spine that holds the two ends of the keyboard together. Again, the price of the device makes this issue inexcusable
Finally, the clips that hold the two halves the keyboard together when it's closed might as well not be there. If you jostle the keyboard even a little bit while it's folded, the clips un-clip. Should I bother adding that this device is too expensive for the manufacturer to have let this slide?
In conclusion, I would say that the keyboard is definitely a very functional and useful keyboard. However, for some of the construction flaws related to the folding gimmick, this device is definitely overpriced.
First, the plusses:
- Full sized keys with number pad
- Built-in volume control buttons, including mute
- Easy to pair via Bluetooth
- A true "Mac" keyboard with command button and option button
- Uses 2 AAA batteries for power, which means you don't have to worry about charging it when it gets low.
- Typing experience is comparable to most laptop keyboards. Comfortable but won't win any awards.
- Seems to have good range.
Now, the negatives:
- Unnecessarily large. Includes not only a full number pad, arrow keys, page up/down, etc. It also has an extended area on the left of the keyboard that seems to be just wasted space. They could have reduced the device width by about 40-50% had they removed these two features alone. They probably should offer a model with number pad and another without. As it is, when folded in half, it's still as long as my iPad is tall as well as being more than half as wide and a good bit thicker. Eliminates a lot of the portability.
- Can only pair with one device at a time. Not a big deal for me, but might be for some people.
- Flimsy construction. You really feel like you have to be gentle with this, even more so than with the iPad.
- Latching mechanism is unreliable. Often pops open on its own for no real reason except that the hooks that lock the latch are poorly designed
- Power button is poorly placed. When folded in half, the power button sticks out like a sore thumb.Read more ›
I was able to pair this back and forth about 10 times, and now the pairing button doesn't do anything no matter how long I push it in or what I use. I can push harder with a pin or try different pokers but that would only break it more. Luckily the pairing button broke with the keyboard paired with my computer I actually wanted to use it with. Another issue is the folding keyboard doesn't seem to be stay flat if in your lap because it folds, but that could be my fault not knowing how to lock it but didn't see how to make it lock in the open position.
All that said it works great once paired and if you have a flat surface to use it on.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Neat in theory. After a few weeks' use, the period key stopped working correctly.Published 1 month ago by Katie
Excellent travel keyboard and for home use too. Perfectly sized, light touch, and portable. I use this keyboard for my home keyboard every day and then pack it up for work and... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Ellenk
It's a good keyboard, but the 'p' button is hard to push so it messes the flow up. A good feature is the auto shutoff of the Bluetooth signal if you forget to turn it off after... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Trevor Pickens
This product died within weeks of purchase. It has problems with sticking keys and is not at all reliable. Better off passing this one by!!!Published 9 months ago by Steve2121
If you are like me and can't handle a tiny little pseudo-keyboard, this is the one. Best. Keyboard.Ever.Published 11 months ago by Amazonaholic
I read a number of nice things about this keyboard so I thought I'd give it a shot for my iPad. It's probably one of the (slightly) better bluetooth keyboards out there but it is... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Amazon Ron
I really like the keyboard and it is doing exactly what I need it to do. I travel extensively for business and use a Mac Air. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Amazon Customer