Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Matilda the Musical - Piano/Vocal Selections (Pvg)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 26, 2013
The songs have the melody of the vocal part in the piano part, which always annoys me, but other than that, all the songs seem complete, and it's great. Naughty is easy to play along with, so that's my favorite one right now, but I haven't played through all the songs yet, so we'll see.
on July 9, 2013
Tim Minchin doesn't skimp on the sheet music for "Matilda" - the songs are all there in their entirety from the original soundtrack; in the same key and with no changes in difficulty (and some of the chords are NOT easy to play). Well worth the price for both experienced pianists or beginners up for a challenge.
on August 9, 2014
Since my piano skills are rudimentary at best, I can't speak firsthand, but my dear friend who plays the piano took a glance and said, "Psh, this doesn't look hard." Then we tried to sing/play our way through the book - turns out Tim Minchin is a beast. (I already knew that, but my friend gained a newfound respect.) Great music, and hilarious songs - though if you're thinking of buying the sheet music, I assume you already know that.
on May 18, 2013
Do not expect big-note easy-reading adaptations of the musical; toe the line and practice and you'll be able to play from "Loud" to "Quiet."
on December 23, 2015
Daughter's singing some songs from this musical. We bought Matilda the Musical - Piano/Vocal Selections (Pvg) so she could better understand the pitch changes. Was this easy enough to play? Yes! It captures the main melody lines and worked really well for what we wanted.
on March 16, 2015
If Matilda is one of your favorite musicals, or you collect vocal/piano books, this is for you. I decided that I wanted to learn songs from Matilda, and when this book came, it was super easy. It includes most of the songs, some pictures, and clear sheet music. I gave it a 4 because it did leave out some reprises that I would want to have in it, but it is perfect otherwise.
on December 1, 2015
The music is not very well transposed and is more difficult than it needs to be. It doesn't have all the parts for the vocals. It is an orchestral version of the musical.There are many unnecessary repeated notes. Slightly disappointed.
on April 6, 2014
I waited to buy this because my daughter made the final cut for the role of Matilda last summer and was hoping maybe we would have the complete score! Sadly, they delayed the re-cast, & she would be too tall by that time, so they didn't cast her. I decided to buy the book for her as a memento. We have copies of some of the songs from the original score (from her callbacks), & the music in this songbook is pretty much identical. We love Tim Minchin's score, & this songbook is true to it!
on February 7, 2016
Well the music arrangements are good although i like accompignement scores better. Why only three stars. It is hard to read on an ipad kindle app. The lines are not clear enough. They should have done a better job there
on July 30, 2014
My grandniece was thrilled with the book and is using it with her voice teacher. Unfortunately the package arrived without a gift card or who the book was from so my niece e mailed me asking if we sent a book. If we hadn't it could have been embarassing for all.