on August 23, 2007
Format: Hardcover
I would not be writing this review, but I decided to after reading the previous post that this book is "Total Bunk." Being a doctor and also interested in quantum physics, I was intrigued with the idea of combining the two. I read the book with a somewhat skeptical mindset, but tried to keep open-minded enough to see if there was "something" I could get from it. I agree with some other posters that the book is somewhat of a hodgepodge and not really good at explaining the techniques. For writing, I would give it only three stars. I also thought some of the claims made either by the author or by some of the seminar attendees (as outlined in the book) were a bit pie-in-the-sky. I went to the website and noticed an upcoming seminar close to me and decided to see for myself what it was about.

Well, Dr. Bartlett got on stage and brought up people from the audience. One after another, people were falling over backwards after he touched them. It looked similar to the b.s. you see the supposed televangelical "healers" do. One man stood in an uncomfortable extreme extension posture on stage for about twenty minutes while Dr. Bartlett continued teaching and working on other people on stage. I thought I was probably witnessing some kind of hypnotic suggestions.

The next day of the seminar, Dr. Bartlett began teaching us how to do what he does. The woman sitting next to me was another doctor who had stopped her medical practice many years prior due to multiple cervical (neck) and lumbar (low back) spinal fusions from previous injuries. She had almost no strength in her right arm due to nerve damage from the neck surgery and constant pain and spasms in her left arm and shoulder from compensating for the weakness on the right. We looked at each other, both skeptical that anything like Dr. Bartlett was saying could be true, let alone us be able to do it after a brief intro.

On my first "application" of the first technique on her, there was some reduction in the spasms in the left arm with a total reduction of the pain. I decided to move on to the left arm to something I could measure more "objectively." I first tested her forearm flexor muscles and found almost no strength, then applied Dr. Bartlett's technique and retested. To our astonishment, she instantly regained about 50% of her strength. I applied the technique on that same side once again and retested. She had a full level 5 (normal) strength rating. I then moved on to the time travel technique. The doctor fell back into her seat when I got to the age that her neck injury occurred. I then two-pointed, with focused intent, to her neck, and "got out of the way." She instantly looked several years younger (we later joked about using this for anti-aging) and I told her to move her neck. Her ranges of motion were almost normal. Still being somewhat skeptical that I could have had anything to do with something like this, I spoke to her the next day to ask her if her improvements lasted, which they had. She had spend a part of the night reassessing her beliefs and I could see she was experiencing a total life change. Dr. Bartlett ended up bringing her up onto the stage on the last day of the seminar and worked on the rest of the range of motion in her neck and then her lumbar spine, having no idea that her entire lumbar spine had been fused. She bent down and touched the floor with her fingers. The stressed, skeptical face I saw in her on day one turned into one of extreme joy with a very wide smile and she was blinking back tears.

The other people I worked on were not as dramatic and I didn't have as dramatic effects occur on myself (but didn't have anything in particular that needed "healing"), but after I used the "time travel" technique on another person, I was able to give her a rundown of her life experiences from age to age that she said was "very accurate." As I did the technique on her, I "felt" things at certain ages and wasn't certain what I was feeling. AFter it was over, I gave her a quick overview of her life, not knowing what I was going to say until a split second before I actually said it. In other words, I ended up giving her a psychic reading of her past, but had no idea what her past was until I began to verbalize it!

Once I got home from the seminar, I applied the techniques to my partner (another doctor), who has a long history of injuries, including one that lead to back surgery, and terrible, contorted posture. To our surprise, he leaned forward and his very contracted calves began to elongate, then he went into a strange dance standing in place that we could see was correcting his lower legs and pelvic region. The injuries that lead to the calf contractures occurred when he was a teenager. It was the first time in decades that he felt them lengthen and relax. The next day, the focus was on another aspect of his posture. He went into another standing dance that was different than the day before and was more flowing--kind of like tai chi. It was apparent that he was moving in directions he was not able to voluntarily do on his own. This lasted about 25 minutes until he was becoming fatigued and decided to stop it, but during that time, the dance changed and I could see the focus on another aspect of his faulty postural patterns as though his nervous system was being retrained. By the way, he did not attend the seminar because he was totally skeptical and was surprised when his body began to spontaneously move when I first touched him. We have more work to do, but he reports that he is able to walk more comfortably and his chronic postural pain has reduced.

Dr. Bartlett himself does not claim to "know" exactly what he's doing. In fact, his emphasis is on shutting down the logical left side of the brain in favor of the subconscious and creative right side. It's basically having a focused intent for the person you're "working" on, then throwing it out to "the universe", "God", "higher power", "higher self", your "guides", "angels", "collective unconscious", or whatever you're comfortable calling it, to do the work from there. I certainly cannot claim, with all my training, to know exactly what I "did", except to use my consciousness to collapse the probability wave in spacetime to set "something" into motion.

And so, this bunk-seeker will be signing up for the next level seminar and will probably end up getting certified under Dr. Bartlett. This appears to hold much more promise than the $80,000 in student loans that I took out to pay for my medical training many years ago. This, I do believe now, is the medicine of the future or at the very least--a new branch. Dr. Bartlett is on to "something" and it's apparent that this is only just the beginning.
3030 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 20, 2007
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
The book really does give new hope. However, my peeve is that the first half of the book is filled with theories on quantum physics, which for me is a bit hard to follow, and probably not all that necessary when all is said and done.

The second half of the book is supposed to be the practical bit, but in reality only a few pages in total are devoted to the technique itself. These few descriptions are so skimpy and vaguely phrased that it was very difficult for me to actually learn how to use the method, which is why I had bought the book in the first place! Initially I was jumping for joy when when I read about the possibilites of the method, only to be disappointed by the lack of clear guidance in the practical section. (I am still doing my best to get results with it though!)

The method is new and difficult to compare to other techniques, which is why the novice does need a bit more practical advice on how to get things going. (Dr. Bartlett's advice to essentially 'just keep trying till you get it right' might be well-intentioned, but is not too innovative or creative, and sounds a bit frustrating!)

On a positive note, the testimonials, photos and ideas are quite uplifting and give hope to those who are experiencing difficulties. (On the other hand, one cannot help but wonder if all this has been done just to whet people's appetites by showing them what the method can do so they would attend the courses mentioned in the book to learn how to 'really' work the method... Hopefully I'm wrong on this one, but the website, despite the many links, has no link to contact Dr. Bartlett himself in order to ask him for clarifications about the techniques mentioned.)

What's needed:
- More details on how to enter the desired state of consciousness
- Better explanations on what some of the terminology is supposed to mean
- Explanations on what is meant when he tells you to do some of the things in the book. ("Collapse the wave"? What exactly does that mean? How do you "Collapse a wave"??? Sounds great, but this is the first time in my life I heard the term - can you give us an example, or an analogy, or a creative way to approach doing this?)
- Several types of techniques are mentioned, but no indication is given as to when and why each should be used in specific situations

I realize that the method is not meant to be overly 'technical', that it's supposed to open your mind and creativity and sense of 'doing without doing', but Dr. Bartlett's courses DO include quite a few specific techniques, and I think the purchasers of this book also deserve to see some more clarity and practicality introduced into the practical part of the text.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
This book is wonderful. It's interesting intellectually, but more important, Richard has compacted a lot of the information many of us have or that we've suspected, about the way things work energetically in us and around us, and he has come up with a way of using all this energy simply and easily to affect significant physical change. When I say simple, I mean it.

When compared with ReiKi or any of the other energywork modalities, this method is like falling off a log. If you can use your fingers to point, you're there.

I've been involved with alternative therapies for the last 30 + years, so I've seen a lot of things come and go, some great, some not so. I feel very strongly that this method of Richard's is the most important form of energywork to come along yet.

I have already used it on myself with positive results, and almost instantly, which is the amazing part. No more of that, time heals all wounds stuff. Time, which is also on a continuum, responds very powerfully to this healing method.

To say, I'm blown away is an understatement, and if you are someone looking for a way to get to a better space here on Earth, physically or emotionally, please read this book. You may be required to suspend some limiting beliefs along the way, but trust me, you'll be better off without them.

I guess it goes without saying that I highly recommend this book.
on February 20, 2008
Format: Hardcover
I have studied numerous energy techniques and books over the last few years. You name it, Reiki, Qigong, Quantum Touch, Touch for healing, Yoga, and Huna. Intuitively, I was using a technique similar to Dr Bartlett's two point technique which is somewhat similar to Reiki. My practice was missing one ingredient which I will explain later.

So, when I bought this book last week I wondered if it would add anything to my store of knowledge.

At the same time I noticed there was a Matrix Energetics conference in San Franciso. So I went to the Friday night free to the public show, and signed up for the whole seminar.

When the conference started I immediately regretted my decision, as the spectacle that unfolded before me was just about the freakiest show I had ever witnessed. For the first hour I was wondering about asking for a refund. However, my patience was rewarded when the craziness passed, and the principles behind this technique were explained and demonstrated on audience volunteers. The reactions of the volunteers were surprising, some of them would fall backwards, there were catchers. Some would go into states of bliss and giggling. Some appeared to undergo deep emotional transformation, and healing.

I appreciated Bartlett's explanation of the zero point field, and quantum physics. Then the audience members worked on each other. I worked on several women who had great experiences. Their bodies contorted, they reported shifts in their physiology, and appeared to go into spontaneous trance states and had great visuals. Sounds freaky doesn't it?

I wondered if there was some hypnotic technique at work. Bartlett did not follow any induction method I could discern, though his explanation of duality is similar to the Erickson method of using paradox in inducing trance. Using energy in this way puts you into an altered state anyway. He also demonstrated the time travel technique which is a variation of the age regression technique. When people worked on me I could feel a shift in my energy.

So, then we worked with archetypal symbols on each other. I closed my eyes and noticed geometric patterns. This was pretty exciting.

So, when I went to get my book signed, he worked on me, and much to my surprise I stumbled backwards, and started giggling. I asked if a person needed to be in state for this to work if I use it on other people. He said no.

So, I experienced valuable insights from reading this book, and attending the seminar. The missing key for me was using intention with my energy practice. I now use intention more deliberately. If you want to transform your reality into something more exciting, you have get beyond yourself and what you believe, and do something new.

I was surprised how many people were at this conference, close to 600, many of whom have attended numerous conferences. This is an exciting technique that anyone can replicate. Energy plus intention equals manifestation. The people who attended the seminar were drawn from a wide range of professions, financial planners, real estate people, healers etc. The book is an interesting read. I can see how the seminars could be quite addictive.

I hope you find this useful. If you were to find this review helpful, please click yes.
on June 28, 2008
Format: Hardcover
I note that many of the 5 star reviews here are about Richard Bartlett and his seminars...and that the lower ratings deal more with the book itself.
The book has only one chapter dealing directly with the technique and the rest of the book is just a jumble of stuff about quantum physics and about the seminars.
Unless you are considering attending one of the seminars I really cannot see much value in this book at all. You can have some fun trying the technique as described in the book but unless you attend a seminar, or Bartlett creates a DVD of the seminar, it would be much better to stick to Quantum Touch, Trigger Point Technique and the like.
Hope this helps.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 27, 2007
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I have received the book few days ago and started reading it as soon as I came home from work and slipped into something comfy. I was very anxious to find out as much as I could about this healing method. I am working in the computers field, so by all means, I have no close relationships with any alternative healing methods or holistic healing. If anything, my brain was trained to reject holistic work! The first pages of the book are a series of well known experiments performed by people that helped us be where we are today. All these people, their experiments and observations have a great contribution to the basis of physics, chemistry, anatomy and all the science related fields. So the first pages were relatively easy for my brain to understand and to agree with. It was all logical, the way that all of us are used to see things (or I should say "trained to see things around us"), so it made perfect sense. Dr. Bartlett inserted few of his life experiences here and there and it made the reading easier and pleasant. My brain could deal with it, no problem there. I kept reading more and more and I found myself to the point where quantum physics, its interpretation and application in the Matrix Energetics Method started to surface. Well, this was a challenging moment to me since logic started to fall apart and to be blown away. I kept on reading and found myself to a point where I had to try to apply some of the techniques explained in the book. Almost nothing made sense to my brain anymore and I had to try it before I could continue reading further. So I was looking for a subject to try the things I was reading about in the book. And what better subject/person I could find to apply them on than myself? So I applied a basic correction to a sore spot on the back of my shoulders. Well, in less than 5 minutes the pain was gone and I felt an increased amount of energy flowing through my body. I was so excited with the result, that for the first time, my brain did not even try to find an explanation to the reason why the pain was gone in almost no time at all. I kept on reading the book for the next few days and I was more and more amazed on how well it is written and how easy it is to understand what you can do to help yourself and help others getting rid of pain and improving their life in general. For somebody new to this type of work, the book was a great eye opener to the fact that there are some things in the universe that you do not need understand or even to try to understand. Just take them as they are, experience with them and have fun learning something new, that makes no sense at all if you try to find a logical explanation. I am so happy and so amazed with what I have read and experienced so far that I am even considering taking one of Dr. Bartlett's seminars soon.

Personally, I know that this is a book that I will go back to and that I will always be reading with a tremendous pleasure.

I would recommend this book to anybody who wants to learn more about non-traditional healing methods and who is open to accept the fact that a logical answer is not always the best answer there is!
on May 20, 2007
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I have learned many healing techniques over the years and NOTHING compares to the technique taught by Dr. Bartlett. He teaches a "2 point" technique that allows the body to instantly heal. I adopted the belief that if Dr. Bartlett can do this so can I. Just by reading the book I was able to heal my dog. She fell getting into the car and was limping badly. A slight touch on her hip caused my gentle dog to try to bite me. She was really in pain. I did the 2 point technique and at that very instant the muscle twitched beneath my fingers. The next morning I canceled my appointment with the vet because she was walking just fine with no apparent pain. I also healed a very stiff muscle on my right shoulder (probably from carrying a heavy purse). This has bothered me for years. The muscle across the top of my shoulder felt like a steel bar. Ater doing the 2 point techniqe, it is so relaxed I can't even feel which muscle was bothering me. AFTER YEARS OF SUFFERING!!! That was two weeks ago and the shoulder is still very relaxed. Sometimes the 2 point technique works and sometimes it doesn't. When it works, I feel the shift and I KNOW it worked. Other times nothing happens. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I will be attending Dr. Bartlett's seminar in a few months. I am very excited. This is the holy grail of healing I have been searching for my whole life. The change is instant and permanent.. and SO SIMPLE TO DO!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 9, 2007
Format: Hardcover
Dr. Richard Bartlett is the real deal. He has worked with me in seminars, knocked me off my feet without even touching me, readjusted my physical framework, left me laughing with the joy of being alive, and helped me heal emotional patterns that he never even knew I had. His work is easily learned and repeatable. I am now using it successfully on people with consistently incredible results. I've helped turn a tumor from cancer to fibroid, transformed pain to relaxation, done adjustments on myself, and created various and other sundry so-called miracles using the techniques Richard teaches. When he says anyone can do this, he means it. Anyone can leave after one of his seminars and begin to transform their own life and the lives of others.

Matrix Energetics is possibly one of the biggest shifts in human awareness since we figured out that the world isn't flat, and the world isn't solid... In Matrix Energetics anything is possible FOR ANYONE including instantaneous 'healing' and transformation when we set aside preconceived notions, borrow a few theories from the cutting edge of quantum physics, and learn some extremely simple and practical techniques.

In this book you'll enter a world of possibility which begins with the scientific frame of reference, incorporates enough down-to-earth stories to open your mind, and leaves you with tools that you can use NOW, in your own LIFE, for transformation, healing, and shifting any situation whatsoever. If you like Gregg Braden's book, "The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief " you will LOVE this one as well.

Ann Albers
Author, "Love is the River: Learning to Live in the Flow of Divine Grace
on April 10, 2007
Matrix Energetics: The Science and Art of Transformation

You need to buy this book. If you are tired and worn to a frazzle by the way that medicine (or consensus reality) in our society works then this is not a breath of fresh air, but a hurricane of fresh air. It blows apart the concrete boundaries of matter, convention, and "the way things are" by reexamining how we think things are put together and coming to a more in depth knowledge of how they TRULY are. Armed with this new reality, you can start changing and transforming the world around you.

Dr. Bartlett has done an extraordinary job in making real and practical what many other "self help" gurus only talk about, that is how to make changes happen in your life or in your body or in those you care about by harnessing the powers of intention and observation. It's done in a friendly, engaging and eminently readable manner.

Besides the inspiritional stories in the book there are practical step by step instructions on how to harness the power of creation at the quantum level. While his focus is primarily medical/body oriented, from a broader viewpoint these techniques can be used in every aspect of your life.

I have had the good fortune to see this power at work in the lives of countless people and I'm so glad that this is going out to a broader, greater group of people. People the world over have been clamoring for this information and his seminars have drawn people from all over the world for a chance to learn this. Now its available in the book. Don't miss the opportunity!
on February 1, 2011
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
The other 1-star reviewers did as good a commentary as may be useful for anyone contemplating not only purchasing this material but becoming involved in the Matrix Energetics fold. I participated in a level 1-3 seminar and studied all the material presented. I have also participated in the ME Message Board, in part a raging war zone of competing wanna-be practitioners trolling for clients, amid people seeking solutions to their problems and help in getting ME tech to work. There is no doubt that ME has helped some, or so it seems. I witness many claims of dramatic success that could be true but very little hard evidence to back up the claims. Most seem to be in wishful thinking, hope, and self-delusion.

Some proof of the pudding might be found in relating with those who are practicing ME. I found reading the Message Board to be a useful insight. What I discovered was disheartening. Noticing how the practitioners relate was revealing. These are people who in many cases have been through multiple seminars, sometimes 20 or more, and are trying to expand their "healing" business. Although they often consider themself "healer" and "Wizard" their abusive attacks on one another as well as anyone that dares contradict their beliefs or propositions is something I found revealing of charlatanism and fakery. Grudge-matches, vendettas, fabrications, and even slander appears commonly accepted behavior by some Board participants. ME has recently stepped in and is moderating this to some extent now that a cyberlibel suit may be pending.

For some practitioners to perform at that level of viciousness and disharmony begs the question how effective is ME in fact? The "abusers", "haters" etc., may eventually be identified and avoided as one scrolls through the threads.

I hesitate to dissuade anyone from exploring the possibilities ME may provide as it does work for a few. Are practitioners necessary or even useful? Practicing ME is so simple for anyone to perform that paying someone to do it for you may be redundant and dis-empowering. Going to a ME seminar is a personal choice but studying the material can be effective. Richard is brilliant and also an entertainer; love him or hate him he can help you to open doors if that is what you need. He is an artist of the razzle-dazzle. A dichotomy is that ordinary people can get through the teaching to become ME pratcs and still relish practicing self-delusion, fabrication and vicious cyber-cruelty on a regular basis.

If someone claims to be a "healer" or a "wizard" they usually want your attention, your surrender, your money, and your power. Study the material if you are drawn to it, attend a seminar if you feel it is really necessary. I would suggest first doing historical research on the ME Message Board before committing time and energy to this project.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...