Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on December 4, 2012
I have owned a Matrox MXO2 Mini with Max (H.264 Hardware Accelerator) for over 1 year and it has saved me ridiculous amounts of time that would have been spent waiting my my Mac Book Pro to finish exporting H.264 files for clients, either to You Tube, Vimeo, Business Websites and a variety of Video Hosting sites that allow for very high quality uploads of 2-3 GB (Then they render 6 different versions at various sizes and data rates so they can stream the optimal version for whoever is accessing that video). Depending on the size, Quality and data rate, I found that this unit renders anywhere from twice as fast to 10 times as fast as my Mac Book Pro can render using Compressor. Average seems to be 3-5 times faster, so instead of taking days to render something, it only takes hours which gives me so much extra time to fine tune the video more, and give room to make mistakes! Before, if you noticed an edit problem after rendering, you had to seriously consider if it were even worth it because of how long a second rendering would take. With the Matrox Mxo 2 with Max unit, you don't even think about that... you just hit render again and go get lunch and chances are it will be finished before you finish your last bite. This unit is also great for capturing and playing back 720p and 1080i/p content, just make sure your drive is fast enough to keep up depending on which codec you use to capture it. Occasionally, it has acted finicky, but the most recent software updates seemed to have smoothed out most of those occasional hick-ups. I can't confirm how well this unit performs on a Windows machine, since I only use Mac with Final Cut Pro, and I know that it is now compatible with Final Cut Pro X, and Premiere. So if you are in either of those camps then you will be happy with this unit.
on March 27, 2011
I bought this for color correction only to learn that it does not work as advertised. This is from the MXO2 manual: "...turns your HDMI monitor into a true-color video display...adjust and control your HDMI monitor exactly as you would a broadcast HD/SD video monitor ..." It's just incorrect. You cannot calibrate correctly to HDMI with the product. If you go to Creative Cow and search "Matrox MXO2 Mini Calibration Issues" you will find more details.

It's been almost a year since Matrox (who admit this problem) said they were working to fix it and nothing has come of it.
on July 21, 2011
I've bought this product, but I'm very desapointed 'cause it makes me suffer 'cause it has lots of issues with windows 7, the system is crapy it falls down everytime. It is not practible to use with windows 7, I have to turn off the matrox to be able to use my computer despite of I have 20Gb of RAM on it...
on March 30, 2015
I got this device to archive standard definition NTSC 3/4 aspect ratio video from old video tape. The MAX feature that encodes to H264 is why I bought it. I could not believe the micro picilation it introduced to the picture! This is supposed to be a professional product.I tried various different
encoding settings with no luck. Guess I got to hunt around for something else.

MAX feature unacceptable