5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Matt & Toby (MP3 Music)
This album is an amazing work of art, a masterpiece. Powerful lyrics and amazing musicianship. Every song is completely different and completely unique. 10/10 guys!

5.0 out of 5 stars boom, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Matt & Toby (MP3 Music)
I have grown up listening to emery and the most compelling thing about their music has always been their amazing voices/lyrics, and the beauty of their harmonized vocals. when i heard that these two were doing a side project i nearly had a heart attack..... It is an amazing first release! I am truly loving the softer side of emery... Matt and Toby do it right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, energetic, honest, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Matt & Toby (MP3 Music)
wow, this was truly an experience in pure honest songwriting. Catchy songs all around, creative lyrics as well as inspired music. Get this cd :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best band ever, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Matt & Toby (Audio CD)
Matt and Toby belong to the band Emery and they are just as fantastic as a duo as they are as in a band. Their writing is amazing and listening to their music never gets old =]

5.0 out of 5 stars The lighter side of Emery, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Matt & Toby (MP3 Music)
If you like Emery, which is probably why you bought this album, I am confident that you will like this album. Personally, I really enjoy this lighter side of Emery. I have been a huge fan of the band since they released "The Question," but I would argue that this is their best album yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars These guys are simply brilliant!, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Matt & Toby (MP3 Music)
I am 44-years-old and a HUGE Emery fan! A couple years ago, I remember standing in a sea of pre-teens and teenagers at a music festival, waiting for Emery to take the stage. A young man (15 or 16) that was standing next to me, turned to me and jokingly (as if to put me in my place) said, "Do you even know who Emery is?"...I proceeded to school him on everything Emery and informed him that I introduced Emery to my teenage son, who was standing there also. He left soon after...(not my son :)

The reason for all of the background is to exemplify just how brilliant these guys are musically, lyrically, etc. I wasn't sure how I would like "Matt & Toby" but I almost felt it was my duty to find out. From the very first time I played the album start to finish, I was in awe because it delivered on so many levels. This album takes you on a ride to so many different places, stopping to hear heart-felt stories, laugh, think...or pray.

You see so many albums/songs re-recorded acoustically/unplugged...but I think this is the first album that could be re-recorded as an Emery album, screams and all, and it would be awesome!

I hope this isn't a one-time effort because I can't wait to hear more...BUT after a new Emery album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Softer side of Emery, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Matt & Toby (MP3 Music)
This album was really great. Not quite as good as some of Emery's albums, but pretty close. It was nice to see the softer and more upbeat side of Emery for a change, instead of their standard depressing lyrics, which, while I enjoyed them, got old after a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speak A Little Softer To Me, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Matt & Toby (Audio CD)
This is exactly what one should expect and want from an Emery side project. Matt & Toby have mastered the art of storytelling through song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt & Toby deliver an awesome collection of songs, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Matt & Toby (Audio CD)
The awesome song writing of Emery, but on the lighter side. I really enjoy the collection of songs/styles used on this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my gosh, everything I've ever loved about Emery!, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Matt & Toby (MP3 Music)
I gave it a 5 because it's got the same qualities as any Emery CD. The great writing, the great music, and the amazing singing.

I don't know why I hesitated to buy this. Please do not make my mistake!

ARRAY(0xae2184bc)