5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Clean Fun for the Whole Family
There isn't much I can say about this game that hasn't already been said. But I will.

Published on February 18, 2007 by anonymous

Just a heads up: if you're looking for the large-format UNO cards you remember, these are not them. The cards here are smallish playing cards, like the old airline playing card decks.

Published on May 17, 2011 by I care about quality

3.0 out of 5 stars Product detail doesn't say it, but this is the small-card version, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)

Not a big deal, but we were expecting the bigger cards and that's not what this is. I came back to see if we missed something but this product description neatly avoids saying what size the cards are, and they use the big box and "product size" fields in such a way that other people may also assume these are the large cards.

Just figured I'd let people know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Clean Fun for the Whole Family, February 18, 2007
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)

This game is labeled for ages 7+. I'll tell you, though, my boys were absolute UNO ADDICTS when they were 4. It's really easy to learn, so they caught on very quickly. For about 6 months, they played this game with my husband every day as soon as they got up in the morning and the minute he got home from work each day. We have taken a deck with us everywhere we've gone incase we've needed something to do to pass time.

We would never be without this game.

Playing with the little kids, we never keep score. We just play that whoever goes out wins.

Works for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Uno!", November 26, 2003
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)
Mattel's game of Uno has been a fun and entertaining card game for many years. The basic rules for playing Uno are as follows:
1. The deck consists of four suits (red, green, blue and yellow). Each suit contains several sets of cards numbered "0" through "9", as well as the cards "Skip", "Reverse" and "Draw Two".
2. In addition to the cards of the four suits, there are two sets of wild cards: regular "Wild" cards and the dreaded "Wild Draw Four" cards.
3. To begin play, each player begins with a score of zero. The dealer deals each player seven cards and places the remaining cards face down in the center of the playing area as the "draw stack", then turns the first card up and sets it down to create the "discard stack".
4. The goal of the game is for each player to discard as many cards as possible before the other players can. To discard a particular card, it must match the current card at the top of the discard stack either by suit or by number (or "Skip", "Reverse" or "Draw Two"). A "Wild" card can be played at any time to change current suit color. A "Wild Draw Four" card can only be played when the player has no cards matching the current suit color. If the player has no matching cards, he/she must take a new card from the draw stack.
5. When a "Skip" card is played, the next player loses his/her turn. When a "Reverse" card is played, player direction is reversed. When a "Draw Two" card is played, the next player must take two cards from the draw stack and lose his/her turn. When a "Wild Draw Four" card is played, the next player has to take four new cards and loses his/her turn.
6. If a player has only one card remaining, he/she must call out "Uno" to let the other players know. Otherwise, he/she runs the risk of having to take two new cards from the draw stack if another players catcher her/him with only one card.
7. The first player to discard all of his/her cards is the winning player of the hand. The point values of all the remaining cards that the other players have are summed together and become part of the winning player's overall score.
8. The first player to reach 500 points wins the game.
Uno is a fun game that both children and adults can enjoy for hours. Overall, I rate Uno with 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like I've started a new fad., November 25, 2000
M_Girl (Somewhere in Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)
I'm 13, and bought a pack of UNO cards and took them to school the next day. Oops (or maybe I should say YES!) because everyone wanted to play. I must have played ten games every single day so far, and my cards are still in high demand. It is not at all hard to learn, and still a ton of fun. I strongly recommend this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Uno card game, March 22, 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)
We enjoy playing UNO very much. We are on the hunt to find a UNO deck that is just like the ORIGINAL deck. The original deck has the words on the cards spelled out, like: SKIP, REVERSE, DRAW 2, etc., instead of the symbols for the words. We thought we had finally found some through the ad we found on Amazon which said, THE ORIGINAL set. When we got the decks, they were just like the ones we already have and not the original ones UNO looked like with the words. So, if there is anyone out there that knows where we can find the ORIGINAL cards, please let me know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun you can take anywhere, November 12, 2003
CMU (Hamilton, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)
Uno is one of those classic games that just doesn't grow old. It's appropriate for all age groups, except for the very youngest. It is a game that is easy to keep interesting, because of all the variations on rules. It is also a small game, which means it travels well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not The Same Cards I Remember, September 21, 2004
AnnH. (New Hope, PA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)
Recently I was re-introduced to the marvelous card game called "Uno". I love this game. My family used to play it all the time. I decided to order a deck. I am disappointed in the size and thinness of the cards. They also do not have the same graphics as the orignial game that I used to play, which is not a big deal but... Card size is small 3.5" X 2.25" compared to the "original" cards which were approx 5" X 7". I did find the original cards on another site and think I will be happier with these!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best in the Universe!, December 26, 2002
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)
On my college campus my friends and I are known as "The Uno People". I'm not kidding! We play everywhere - at lunch, after choir... the list goes on! I recommend this game for anyone ages 4 & up.
If you're tired of the regular rules you might try "camp rules" - a very fun mix of Uno and the popular high school card game, Mow. It's played the same way as Uno with some additional rules: you can't laugh when a 1 has been played, no talking while a 6 is on the top of the pile, when you play a 7 you must pass your hand to the left, and anyone can play at any time if they play a card of the exact color & number - and the person after them goes next. These extra rules really liven up the game and make it even more fun than the original!

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Fun, November 20, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)
The original UNO is a fun loving family orientated game that has been around for decades. In many families it has become a splendid tradition to play this together. This game is wonderful for all ages and it never loses its excitement.
The UNO card deck is very attractive and eye catching; its vibrant colors allow children to focus. UNO is a relatively inexpensive game; it can make for a fabulous gift. It also has very simple rules and once you learn them the fun begins.
UNO Original is a very beneficial game for children. It demonstrates to them many important skills and strategies that will help your children in school and later in life. It teaches children how to win and lose. It shows them that it is only a game.
This brilliant card game helps children to recognize colors and numbers. It is very convenient and compact in size; you can take it almost anywhere. The cards are very durable so they can survive just about everything. Parents this is a fun and educational way to get your children away from the television. It allows children the opportunity to use there brains and teaches them the ability to interact with others. It also allows parents time to spend quality time with their children in a way that both the parent and the child will enjoy.
The UNO Original is a wonderful and wholesome game for all ages which has never lost its excitement. This game is anything but boring, dull, dry, or dreary. This game gets the entire family together for good old-fashion family fun. This game will honestly be a priceless addition to your home. I can remember playing this game as a little girl; it was my favorite and it still is. I only hope that UNO will stay alive for many generations to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uno ain't just for kids!, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Uno Card Game (Toy)
I'll keep it real simple. When you just got some friends over, get nice and inebriated on your drink of choice, light up a spliff and whip out some UNO. The throwback nostalgia factor will suck folks in! Two hours will pass and many laughs, swears and maybe some money will pass hands.

Ain't nothing wrong with being a grown adult and playing it up. Put your pride aside and get some UNO. You'll be shocked.

Uno Card Game