Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Price:$5.95+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 17, 2011
Just a heads up: if you're looking for the large-format UNO cards you remember, these are not them. The cards here are smallish playing cards, like the old airline playing card decks.

Not a big deal, but we were expecting the bigger cards and that's not what this is. I came back to see if we missed something but this product description neatly avoids saying what size the cards are, and they use the big box and "product size" fields in such a way that other people may also assume these are the large cards.

Just figured I'd let people know.
88 comments|252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 18, 2007
There isn't much I can say about this game that hasn't already been said. But I will.

This game is labeled for ages 7+. I'll tell you, though, my boys were absolute UNO ADDICTS when they were 4. It's really easy to learn, so they caught on very quickly. For about 6 months, they played this game with my husband every day as soon as they got up in the morning and the minute he got home from work each day. We have taken a deck with us everywhere we've gone incase we've needed something to do to pass time.

We would never be without this game.

Playing with the little kids, we never keep score. We just play that whoever goes out wins.

Works for us.
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2003
Mattel's game of Uno has been a fun and entertaining card game for many years. The basic rules for playing Uno are as follows:
1. The deck consists of four suits (red, green, blue and yellow). Each suit contains several sets of cards numbered "0" through "9", as well as the cards "Skip", "Reverse" and "Draw Two".
2. In addition to the cards of the four suits, there are two sets of wild cards: regular "Wild" cards and the dreaded "Wild Draw Four" cards.
3. To begin play, each player begins with a score of zero. The dealer deals each player seven cards and places the remaining cards face down in the center of the playing area as the "draw stack", then turns the first card up and sets it down to create the "discard stack".
4. The goal of the game is for each player to discard as many cards as possible before the other players can. To discard a particular card, it must match the current card at the top of the discard stack either by suit or by number (or "Skip", "Reverse" or "Draw Two"). A "Wild" card can be played at any time to change current suit color. A "Wild Draw Four" card can only be played when the player has no cards matching the current suit color. If the player has no matching cards, he/she must take a new card from the draw stack.
5. When a "Skip" card is played, the next player loses his/her turn. When a "Reverse" card is played, player direction is reversed. When a "Draw Two" card is played, the next player must take two cards from the draw stack and lose his/her turn. When a "Wild Draw Four" card is played, the next player has to take four new cards and loses his/her turn.
6. If a player has only one card remaining, he/she must call out "Uno" to let the other players know. Otherwise, he/she runs the risk of having to take two new cards from the draw stack if another players catcher her/him with only one card.
7. The first player to discard all of his/her cards is the winning player of the hand. The point values of all the remaining cards that the other players have are summed together and become part of the winning player's overall score.
8. The first player to reach 500 points wins the game.
Uno is a fun game that both children and adults can enjoy for hours. Overall, I rate Uno with 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to everyone.
11 comment|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2000
I'm 13, and bought a pack of UNO cards and took them to school the next day. Oops (or maybe I should say YES!) because everyone wanted to play. I must have played ten games every single day so far, and my cards are still in high demand. It is not at all hard to learn, and still a ton of fun. I strongly recommend this game!
on November 12, 2003
Uno is one of those classic games that just doesn't grow old. It's appropriate for all age groups, except for the very youngest. It is a game that is easy to keep interesting, because of all the variations on rules. It is also a small game, which means it travels well.
on April 22, 2014
When I ordered these, I missed that this was the 40th edition deck. The deck is a little off for me (with the pictures vs. the words on the skip and draw cards), but I think I will get used to. I am still working on getting used to the size, however.

I would have called this travel size (or mini) in the title as these cards are significantly smaller than the average deck. There is no size information as far as I can see. I will address that in vendor comments.

Uno (and games like it) is what people played to entertain themselves pre smart phone days. I bought them to play with my friends, to connect with them in person. (Hopefully no one will get bored. I'm competing with Tweets, texts, and FB.) I have big friends, over 6'3 so I don't know how the size will work for them. I will not return, but now I have to order bigger cards.

I'm just so happy that Amazon actually has UNO card decks. I think I got this particular deck at a good value, under $7.
on March 22, 2009
We enjoy playing UNO very much. We are on the hunt to find a UNO deck that is just like the ORIGINAL deck. The original deck has the words on the cards spelled out, like: SKIP, REVERSE, DRAW 2, etc., instead of the symbols for the words. We thought we had finally found some through the ad we found on Amazon which said, THE ORIGINAL set. When we got the decks, they were just like the ones we already have and not the original ones UNO looked like with the words. So, if there is anyone out there that knows where we can find the ORIGINAL cards, please let me know.
on December 4, 2014
Not your classic Uno game. The cards are also very poor quality. Some cards in the box were already bent and scratched upon opening them.
on March 14, 2016
Classic game. It should be in any parent/children game night. Easy rules so even younger children catch on quickly. We have a 11 year old and she likes this game. I think game night is important as it gives you an opportunity to really get in some important life lessons. Like how to be a gracious winner and a competitive loser. When my daughter and I play we both play to win. When she losses she vows to get me next time. When she wins she does a little dance.
on April 29, 2016
Our family loves UNO. This is a great card game for young to old. We have adapted our own version of "Speed Uno" and get the family racing around the table to be the first to slap the cards if a 6 is put down or swap hands with your neighbor if you lay down a 0. The cards are good quality and they arrived promptly. A very delightful family game that never fails us at home or traveling. We never go on a trip without taking our UNO cards along!