4.0 out of 5 stars More fun than you might expect.
My husband and I bought these blocks as extras for the Incrediblock we'd purchased for our then nine-month-old son. While my son wasn't (and still isn't) wowed by the Incrediblock (you can see my review on that page), he does enjoy playing with the Alphabet Blocks.

Published on October 5, 2005 by J. L. McDaniel

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good deal but could be more exciting
Published on March 7, 2005 by kigger

4.0 out of 5 stars More fun than you might expect., October 5, 2005
J. L. McDaniel (OH, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)

I like the fact that each block has a big capital letter, and inside, something that starts with that letter; for example, the "D" block has a dog. We'll be able to use these blocks for a long time because of that; I can imagine spending time with my son and teaching him that "C" is for cat -- and he'll be able to see both to make that association.

My son, on the other hand, couldn't care less at this point about the letters of the alphabet (he'll soon be one year old), but he does enjoy stacking and knocking over the blocks, banging them together, and especially shaking the ones that make noise. One of his favorites is the "I" block, which has an ice cream sundae inside with lots of sprinkles that rattle merrily when he shakes it.

All in all, this is a good, affordable, durable, educational and fun set of blocks. My family continues to be very pleased with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to add to your collection, but not the best Peek-a-Blocks, July 22, 2005
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
I really love all the Fisher Price Peek a Blocks---I saw them long before I knew we'd have a surprise #3 baby and I would actually have an excuse to buy them! Now we own pretty much all the sets. I would have to say this set, although big, is one of the weaker ones. The letters on the sides sometimes block seeing what's inside too well, and the toys inside are not as interactive or interesting as is the case with some of these blocks---for example, a horse that just sits there, a zylophone that doesn't move much, an apple that turns. I like their blocks with tiny things to shake inside or the like---the kind of things babies can't generally play with as they are too small, but that are made safe by being enclosed! Also, having ABCs is most just a way to have a set here I think---unless you are very into early learning, I don't think most babies are really ready to associate the letters with the toys inside (I know SOME babies are, but not that many, and not mine!) However, all this said, I still would say to buy this set, if you know you like this kind of block---It's great to add 26 more in one fell swoop!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good deal but could be more exciting, March 7, 2005
kigger (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
I bought these blocks for my daughter when she was 9 months old and she really only enjoys them now. She is 14 months now and is starting to recognize some of the objects inside when I ask her to get them. But be warned bc they're not great for the real younger babies since there are only a few of them that really do anything like beep or rattle. Most of them just have a stationary object that may jiggle a bit. The ones that you can twist yourself are not child-friendly. She can't turn the knob at all so she gets frustrated. My 3 yr old can just do it. He likes them too bc they incorporate the alphabet. Another thing is that the printed letters block some of the objects so it's harder to see inside. I would more so recommend a diff set for a younger baby (6 mos)- like the sound sensations and these for an older child (1 yr). Although you can't beat the price for 26 of these blocks! I also just recently got the Roll-A-Rounds by fisher price as a gift. It's the same concept but a ball vs block. She likes them ALOT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., January 28, 2005
Mom-of-two (Bettendorf, IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
This set incorporates a lot of the favorites from other sets packaged in an A to Z learning format. I have been leary of purchasing too many of these blocks for storage reasons so the zippered case is a great bonus. Definitely worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Too Old, December 9, 2005
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
After "eyeing" this toy for several months and being hesitant to buy it because of the cost, we finally broke bown and purchased it when our daughter was 15 months old. We're very glad we did!

Our daughter loves shaking the blocks, banging them together and knocking over the blocks after we stack them up for her. She really likes putting them all into a plastic bin and then taking them all out again! The letter written on each block is meaningless to her right now, but that time will come.

We plan to keep these blocks for a few years. As our daughter approaches school age, the blocks will be a great tool to help teach and reinforce letter-sound association. We believe she may never be too old to benefit from her Peek-A-Boo blocks. We know we're not!

Consider donating your set to a local library or school when you're done with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great idea!, July 18, 2006
coffeehound (Central OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
This is my first experience with peek-a-boo blocks. I bought this set for my nephew for his 1st birthday and he's absolutely nuts about them. He does all the obvious baby stuff like grasping and chewing and scattering them but he also closely examines what is inside - I can almost see the neurons firing in his little brain. Of course the letters are meaningless right now and yes they might somewhat obstruct the view to the little thing inside but so what? He eventually learns different levels of focus; layers of education.

Pricey? Well, that depends. My 3-year old niece loves the blocks just as much and they have deeper meaning for her because she knows all the letters to the alphabet and that the little thing inside the block starts with the letter that's printed on it. Like I said, layers of education. Well worth $25 in my opinion.

Oh how I wish I would have known about this type of product when my kids were babies. My son would have loved them. The only reason I rated it as a 4-star as opposed to a 5 is that I am unaware of the availability of other peek-a-boo products. I cannot rate it as "best" when I have nothing to compare it to. Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful but not worth $80., December 26, 2007
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
These are great blocks but they are definitely not worth the listed $79.99. They can be purchsed for about $20 many other places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the investment, November 28, 2005
Che (Los Osos, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
This is a great set of blocks. I researched different blocks for some time and found these to be the most durable, age and developmentally-appropriate, and highly-educational. $25 bucks may seem like a lot, but I think it is well worth it. I am very impressed with the quality.

The size and shape of the blocks is just right. My son is 5-months old and he is able to hold the blocks perfectly in his little hands. PLUS, the blocks do not have sharp corners (like the wooden blocks also available on this site) that could hurt your little one (especially those of you with chewers!).

One category that I rated this toy with only a 4 (instead of 5) is the "fun" factor. For younger babies that may not "get it" yet, this toy may not be as fun for them until they are a little bit older. My son is not yet able to fully comprehend that there are even toys inside the blocks, but then again he is only 5 months. Give him a couple of months and he'll really dig them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Alphabet blocks don't make individual sounds on Incrediblock., September 16, 2012
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
Bought these for my baby along with the Incrediblock. The blocks are adorable, but when you put them on the Incrediblock, it doesn't make individual letter sounds for them, which is what I expected for the price.

It turns out that only the 13 blocks that come with the Incrediblock make any kind of individual noises. These just play random music, which is fine, but I really bought this for the purposes of it being a really educational toy, which it really isn't at this point.

The description really should explicitly tell you this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blcoks are great, but alphabet letters block what's inside., June 2, 2006
E. Scott (Charleston, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alphabet Blocks (Toy)
I love peek a blocks, they're great. So I was so excited when I got these as a gift. The only problem with them is that the letters sometimes block what's inside (taking away the whole point of "peek a blocks"). Still, I think they are a great add on to any collection.

Alphabet Blocks