4.0 out of 5 stars Great preschool fun!
Published on October 30, 2009 by daintybrit

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, poor execution...
My 3 year old daughter loves to play games, so when we saw this one, it went right on her Christmas list. And for as hard as it was to find this holiday season, I had high expectations. I was disappointed.

Here's my 2 cents:

Published on January 11, 2010 by jensan

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, poor execution..., January 11, 2010
jensan (Kenosha, WI USA) - See all my reviews

Here's my 2 cents:

-It is difficult to randomly pick a character from the barn when you can see what you are picking. We try having everyone close their eyes, but it doesn't really work!
-The haystacks surely won't last long, and if you are playing on the floor, they don't do much good anyways.
-The concept and packaging is great - love the fact that it is small and self contained. The less space it takes up in the closet the better!

The bottom line is that we don't play that this often (and we play a game every night). When it does come out, we usually don't have a successful game. If you are looking for a game that will teach the same rules (color/matching), I would suggest a children's deck of Crazy Eights...we were playing that when she was 2.5 and it was much easier and less frustrating than this game!

If you are looking for other good board games to play for a 3 year old, I would suggest Toy Story Yahtzee Jr, Sequence for Kids, and Zingo. Those are the big hits in our house!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great preschool fun!, October 30, 2009
daintybrit "Brit" (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
Bought this for my three year olds birthday & we love it! Great game for little ones who know colors & can match animals. Helps him learn strategy & reminds him to pay attention to rules (Uno!). Like the other reviewer; he loves the skunk, & the "wild card" Farmer is fun too. Quick gameplay keeps even a 3 year old focused. My only complaint is that for $20 you'd think that the "haystack" hiding cards would be something other than paper-thin cardboard (They are also not quite tall enough to actually hide your gamepieces). All in all a very fun alternative for the little ones on family game night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Preschool Game, October 25, 2009
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
My three and a half year old loves this game. It will assist in teaching colors and animals if your child doesn't already know them. My son's favorite thing is skunking someone (playing the skunk figure) and making someone draw two. As he grows in the next couple of years, it will be a good game to work on stragety and logic.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed despite all of the good reviews, May 19, 2010
shamrock (Cleveland, OH United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
I purchased this product for my 3 1/2 year old based on all of the positive reviews. It looked like such a fun game and since I grew up playing uno, I thought it would be a great way to introduce it to my son. He does enjoy the game, but the setup is a very poor design. You need to pick animals from the barn, but you have to close your eyes to do so otherwise you will see what you are choosing. Try telling this to a child, without having them peek. I read the instructions several times and had my husband do the same because the way it is played is ridiculous. I am sorry I bought this product and hope they come out with a better design in the future.
As a side note, the cardboard fences that are supposed to hide your animals are very flimsy as well. It's too bad because I really wanted to like this game!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome fun for Little Ones, November 8, 2009
Amazon Customer (Burlington, Vermont) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
We bought Uno Moo to play with our 3 year old. He loves the game and we love that we have finally found a game the entire family can play. He loves to Skunk people and make someone draw 2 balls. It's a great game and is helping him match colors and animals, He also likes to make the sound of the animal. As he grows older this game will be great to help him figure out strategy.

One Caveat: Cardboard Haystacks. Who gives cardboard to 3 year olds and expect it to stay in shape. I was expecting a thin plastic where the balls could easily stand up.

However, we love the plastic carrying case barn which makes it easy to take the game to Grandma's house on on plane rides. This game will also stay relevant as he gets older.

Really glad someone is starting to make fun games for toddlers and preschoolers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it as a game and a toy, December 9, 2009
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
My kids are 6 and 3 (almost 4) and they adore their Uno Moo game. Both play without any problem. It's easy to learn and fun for adults as well (when it's my turn to pick a game, I usually pick Uno Moo).

Gameplay goes fast so we usually play at least three rounds. The skunk is my daughter's favorite character to pick and put in the barn. My son loves yelling the color and type of animal he's putting in place.

The only gripe is that when you reach for a piece, you can sometimes tell what the piece is by feel. But the designs are so cute, I can't fault the gamemakers at all for it.

Speaking of the game design, the pieces all store inside the little barn, which has a clever carry handle (my daughter uses it as a pretend barn as well as for the game itself -- and she already has a play barn). The barn also is no wider than a "book style" game and stores compactly and neatly.

No batteries, tons of fun, great for pre-schoolers and grade schoolers (and moms & dads as well!). This is one to add to your kid game collection for sure.

2.0 out of 5 stars UNO Moo ~ A bit disappointed, February 18, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
I have been wanting to get this game for my almost 5-year-old daughter since I saw the commercial before Christmas. It was sold out wherever I looked before Christmas, but I was finally able to purchase the game a week ago. I must say that I was disappointed. Players have to choose their animals out of the open barn which allows everyone, including the person picking, to see all the animals inside. Our rule is to have everyone close their eyes when picking. The haystacks aren't very durable (cardboard) and don't provide an adequate barrier for hiding your game pieces. They are also not large enough to hold much more than 6 game figures. If you're looking for a game that teaches similar concepts (categorizing by color and animal type), I would definitely recommend the card game BLINK (categorizing by color, number, and shape) instead of UNO Moo. Both my 10 and now 5-year-old love BLINK (and so do I).

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it would have been better quality, November 30, 2009
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
When I opened the package the animals had stickers for faces and I was a little disappointed about that and then I got to the paper haystacks- Yeah they will last real long!!! I do have to say though my son does love it and he will put the animals in and out of the barn.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Son's Favorite Game, November 1, 2011
Sarasyn (Killeen, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
When I first saw this game I thought it was cute, but surely couldn't become a family favorite. The concept of the game is simplistic enough that I think my 22 month old son could probably grasp it if we taught him. It's a simple game of matching and has the same classic Uno appeal. So, here's the good, the bad, and the ugly of it.

The good:
* My children love this game.
* The rules are so simplistic that even my littlest can grasp it.
* It's easy to slightly modify things so the game can be more challenging, even if it is making up your own new game.
* The pieces themselves are fairly sturdy and the set up is cute, so it definitely appeals to the kids.
* The game can run pretty quickly, so kids getting bored isn't a huge problem.

The bad:
* It's easy to cheat. We had to have everyone shove their hand in, look away or close their eyes, and "shuffle" the pieces around so selection would still be random
* The hay bale pieces aren't really tall enough to cover the pieces depending on your height and where you're playing. Thankfully, they'll be easy to replace when they do get lost.
* The whole thing looks like a toy to my kids and they're tempted to use it as such.

Overall, with a few modifications to play style, I think this could be a great game for younger kids. It's definitely on a preschool level too. I'd put it right up there with Candy Land and Hi-Ho-Cherry-O as favorites around here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for Preschoolers, August 21, 2011
Heather (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
I just finished playing this game with my 5 year-old son for about the 200th time. I bought it for him for Christmas when he was 3.5 - he loved playing it then, and still does today almost 2 years later. It has the same Uno concept - following either a color or animal sequence. The "draw 2" is a skunk. Or as my son laughs hysterically, "Stinky Skunk!!!"

As other reviews have pointed out, the animals hide behind a flimsy cardboard haystack. (Personally I think this is a better and easier option than holding cards. That's not so easy for little hands.) But we've played this game a ton of times, and our haystacks are holding up just fine. No rips, tears, falling apart, nothing. And yes, if you're sitting close you can see your opponents animals. But my son isn't sophisticated enough to slyly peek. He DOES try to peek when drawing additional animals from the barn. But I make a point of shaking them up before he draws and everyone must close their eyes.

Overall, this game is fun for the whole family. We have quite a few games for the ages 3-6 set and this is one of the few my husband & I don't mind playing too. (Another is Gamewright Hisss Card Game I'd recommend that one too.) Happy playing!

UNO MOO Preschool Game