Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 11, 2010
My 3 year old daughter loves to play games, so when we saw this one, it went right on her Christmas list. And for as hard as it was to find this holiday season, I had high expectations. I was disappointed.

Here's my 2 cents:

-It is difficult to randomly pick a character from the barn when you can see what you are picking. We try having everyone close their eyes, but it doesn't really work!
-The haystacks surely won't last long, and if you are playing on the floor, they don't do much good anyways.
-The concept and packaging is great - love the fact that it is small and self contained. The less space it takes up in the closet the better!

The bottom line is that we don't play that this often (and we play a game every night). When it does come out, we usually don't have a successful game. If you are looking for a game that will teach the same rules (color/matching), I would suggest a children's deck of Crazy Eights...we were playing that when she was 2.5 and it was much easier and less frustrating than this game!

If you are looking for other good board games to play for a 3 year old, I would suggest Toy Story Yahtzee Jr, Sequence for Kids, and Zingo. Those are the big hits in our house!
77 comments|190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2009
Bought this for my three year olds birthday & we love it! Great game for little ones who know colors & can match animals. Helps him learn strategy & reminds him to pay attention to rules (Uno!). Like the other reviewer; he loves the skunk, & the "wild card" Farmer is fun too. Quick gameplay keeps even a 3 year old focused. My only complaint is that for $20 you'd think that the "haystack" hiding cards would be something other than paper-thin cardboard (They are also not quite tall enough to actually hide your gamepieces). All in all a very fun alternative for the little ones on family game night.
on October 25, 2009
My three and a half year old loves this game. It will assist in teaching colors and animals if your child doesn't already know them. My son's favorite thing is skunking someone (playing the skunk figure) and making someone draw two. As he grows in the next couple of years, it will be a good game to work on stragety and logic.
on May 19, 2010
I purchased this product for my 3 1/2 year old based on all of the positive reviews. It looked like such a fun game and since I grew up playing uno, I thought it would be a great way to introduce it to my son. He does enjoy the game, but the setup is a very poor design. You need to pick animals from the barn, but you have to close your eyes to do so otherwise you will see what you are choosing. Try telling this to a child, without having them peek. I read the instructions several times and had my husband do the same because the way it is played is ridiculous. I am sorry I bought this product and hope they come out with a better design in the future.
As a side note, the cardboard fences that are supposed to hide your animals are very flimsy as well. It's too bad because I really wanted to like this game!!
on November 8, 2009
We bought Uno Moo to play with our 3 year old. He loves the game and we love that we have finally found a game the entire family can play. He loves to Skunk people and make someone draw 2 balls. It's a great game and is helping him match colors and animals, He also likes to make the sound of the animal. As he grows older this game will be great to help him figure out strategy.

One Caveat: Cardboard Haystacks. Who gives cardboard to 3 year olds and expect it to stay in shape. I was expecting a thin plastic where the balls could easily stand up.

However, we love the plastic carrying case barn which makes it easy to take the game to Grandma's house on on plane rides. This game will also stay relevant as he gets older.

Really glad someone is starting to make fun games for toddlers and preschoolers.
on November 17, 2013
I am a Speech-Language Pathologist. I did not expect the popularity of this game. I have played this game with 3 years all the way to 15 year olds! I work with families and this has turned into a family favorite! It helps work on turn taking, problem solving, conversational skills, matching skills, colors, and more! The barn is sturdy and the kids love the animals!
on May 24, 2014
The game is good for teaching some basic colors, rules, patience (though it is trying on the parents to help teach this lesson), and provides family fun time. The rules are simple to follow and my three year old will now correct us if we do something wrong. The game can go pretty quick; however, there has been the occasional extension when forced to draw more pieces, so little ones who can't sit still are able to enjoy it and slowly learn some patience when the game is extended by drawing another piece.

You can allow your little one to win by placing the appropriate color or animal type to ensure they can discard their's; however, they will never know you are helping them win...if you are sneaky. I enjoy the game and on my busy schedule it allows some sit down time with my son that isn't Monopoly long to finish.
on November 1, 2011
When I first saw this game I thought it was cute, but surely couldn't become a family favorite. The concept of the game is simplistic enough that I think my 22 month old son could probably grasp it if we taught him. It's a simple game of matching and has the same classic Uno appeal. So, here's the good, the bad, and the ugly of it.

The good:
* My children love this game.
* The rules are so simplistic that even my littlest can grasp it.
* It's easy to slightly modify things so the game can be more challenging, even if it is making up your own new game.
* The pieces themselves are fairly sturdy and the set up is cute, so it definitely appeals to the kids.
* The game can run pretty quickly, so kids getting bored isn't a huge problem.

The bad:
* It's easy to cheat. We had to have everyone shove their hand in, look away or close their eyes, and "shuffle" the pieces around so selection would still be random
* The hay bale pieces aren't really tall enough to cover the pieces depending on your height and where you're playing. Thankfully, they'll be easy to replace when they do get lost.
* The whole thing looks like a toy to my kids and they're tempted to use it as such.

Overall, with a few modifications to play style, I think this could be a great game for younger kids. It's definitely on a preschool level too. I'd put it right up there with Candy Land and Hi-Ho-Cherry-O as favorites around here.
on January 4, 2014
We are trying to expand my 3 years old attention span, and this is one game that she will actually sit still long enough to play. It is the classic Uno game with the twist of animal pieces and the barn that make it fun for kids. That said, the "fences" are definitely flimsy cardboard and I don't see them lasting very long. But she does not quite get the concept of keeping the pieces hidden so they don't really get used properly. I do like the fact that everything stores neatly inside the barn.
on July 5, 2015
I think this was a really cute way of introducing games to my 3 year old, but the haystacks were very flimsy (they fell down often, and I had to watch them with my son to make sure he didn't rip them). Otherwise, good game!