4.0 out of 5 stars Great preschool fun!
Bought this for my three year olds birthday & we love it! Great game for little ones who know colors & can match animals. Helps him learn strategy & reminds him to pay attention to rules (Uno!). Like the other reviewer; he loves the skunk, & the "wild card" Farmer is fun too. Quick gameplay keeps even a 3 year old focused. My only complaint is that for $20 you'd think...
Published on October 30, 2009 by daintybrit

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, poor execution...
My 3 year old daughter loves to play games, so when we saw this one, it went right on her Christmas list. And for as hard as it was to find this holiday season, I had high expectations. I was disappointed.

Here's my 2 cents:

-It is difficult to randomly pick a character from the barn when you can see what you are picking. We try having everyone...
Published on January 11, 2010 by jensan

‹ Previous | 17 8 914 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this game, December 23, 2012
CAKE (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
My two kids love this game. AT 2 and 4 they love to play it together. The only problem is that the 2 year old thinks that the pieces are so cute that she puts them in with her dolls. Seriously though, it does a nice job of teaching colors and matching and the kids pick it up very quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Might be good, but not intuitive, December 17, 2012
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
I work with children with language difficulties - if I can't figure out how to play a game by looking at it and fiddling around with it, the kids are probably going to have a hard time learning it. I would need to read the directions thoroughly to be able to play this. Either that, or be really creative and make up some rules. Either way, not great for kids with language difficulties. When we had it out, the pieces were much more tempting to roll or throw than anything else.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great FIRST Game For a Toddler, December 14, 2012
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
I bought this as my two and a half year old's first board game, and it is GREAT for that purpose. The barn and the animals are fun - he likes to carry them around, take them out and play with them on their own. As a result of his interest in the different parts of the game, he has been excitedly asking to play this each day since we got it (about five days ago). He LOVES knocking down an animal into the barn and replacing it with his own. He's learning colors and matching (which he was already pretty good with), but more importantly, he's learning to take turns.

That said, there are flaws with this game. It's hard to "hide" your animals from another player with the included materials unless you are all sitting around a table. My little guy and I usually plop down on the floor, so I don't even use the haystacks (also, they are made of cardboard, which my son is likely to destroy). If you are serious about the game, though, you can find ways to make it work. Using a folder - like the ones they sell in the school supplies aisle - would probably do the trick. Also, its very tempting to look at the animals when you are picking them out of the barn. Again, if you are playing the game seriously (and not just using it to help your child learn about colors, taking turns, etc), try putting the animals in a bag and reaching in to pick them out. That sounds like a lot of extra work to make a game work right, and it probably is. But, bottom line, my son really likes this. So, I feel like it was a good purchase overall.

Pros:

*Fun pieces that will hold the attention of little ones
*Good way to improve matching skills and color recognition
*Knocking the animals into the barn is a bit hit with my active little guy

Cons:

*Flimsy haystacks that don't really serve any purpose
*Easy to "cheat" and pick animals that you want/need
*Good first game, but probably won't hold the interest of a child who is experienced with board games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 1st game for young children., December 11, 2012
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
Great first game for a young child. My son got this from Santa last year (when he was 5yrs old). I found this to be one of the few games at the time that he could follow the directions and it held his attention(he has ADHD and CP). The one con is the haystacks don't stay standing and even if they did, they aren't high enough to hide your animals from the other players.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but for older "little" kids, December 10, 2012
lacrema (League City, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
This game is fun, but a little complicated for my 4-yr old... Maybe we should play it more? She "gets" it but can't keep all the rules straight. Maybe that will change soon, but it is not as fun for us as say, Candy Land.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3yo has lots of fun!, December 5, 2012
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
This game is a favorite in my house! My son loves that he gets to shove the animals back in the barn. Great reinforcement of colors/animals and taking turns, of course. My only complaint really is that the haystacks aren't really much good. Ours are still in good shape, but you can easily see over them, so there really is no point. We play this game frequently and have lots of fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for preschoolers, November 29, 2012
zolar16 (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
I ordered this for my 3-year-old son as a Christmas gift, but gave it to him early. He loves it and asks me to play with him for several games in a row. His favorite part is knocking the animals into the barn and yelling "Uno!" when he has one left. The haystacks are a little flimsy, but not really a critical element of the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, October 23, 2012
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
I got this as a present for my nephews. They loved it. It seemed to be made really well, especially as it's for preschool age children. The little animals were very cute and everything fit nicely into the barn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, October 22, 2012
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
My kindergarteners love playing this game. I also modified it for my special needs students. It's fun for older kids too.

5.0 out of 5 stars the most played game, September 19, 2012
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
Our twins received this as a Christmas present in 2011 when they were just about to turn 4. It's now September 2012, and this has been a consistently loved game throughout the year. It is the one they ask for the most, and they ask to play it over and over again until I say I've had enough. We have a lot of games they really enjoy, but something about this one really pleases them.

We do use the haystacks even though they are just paper and do an incomplete job of hiding the pieces. That doesn't seem to detract from the game for them.

Each player is supposed to close their eyes and reach in the top of the barn when they pick new pieces. I have found that is not a realistic expectation with little kids, and when we play I hand out the pieces at the beginning and for each person as the game goes on. On a few rare occasions I have let them choose all their pieces at the beginning, which means they end up with mostly skunks and farmers and makes for a very different game. In general though I am the "dealer".

I highly recommend this game.

‹ Previous | 17 8 914 | Next ›