5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first strategy game
When your child has outgrown Candyland and Chutes and Ladders and is ready to move on to more involved, strategic games, Blokus Junior is an excellent stepping stone for the 5 - 8 yr old age group. The more the child plays the game, the more they begin to see the benefits of planning ahead, watching their opponent's moves, etc. What looks like an easy, basic game can...
Published on January 9, 2012 by Joan W. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not necessary
This game is fine but really not necessary. My 5 year old had no trouble picking up the concept and did not need the guides included. It would have been fine to just start with the original game because only 2 people can play this at a time. It is fine but I recommend checking out the regular one before buying this one. As far as a fun, quick game, this is but I don't...
Published 17 months ago by J. Rusch

1.0 out of 5 stars Germany language i need english language, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
just received the game and its in Germany language not English ?do i need to send it back or i can request the English instructions

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
This game makes your child think and exercise ones mind. My six year old son had to play a few times to really get it but once he figured the ways to block me he became very good at this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for developing direction following skills, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
It's a nonverbal skill game, but you can turn it into a very very verbal game. It's quite interesting! You just need to be creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 y.o. loved it, June 1, 2013
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
It does require an adult play within for beginning but since my son is interested in mazes he love playing it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for kids & adults!, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
My 5 & 7 year old can play this, plus it's fun for adults. It is a 2 person game, but it is great fun, I want to get the full version next year

4.0 out of 5 stars Bday present for 4 yr olds, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
A little difficult for my kids, but they get it. Appears to be easier than the regular version because the pieces are bigger. I think it will be good brain excercise for the kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Special Education Students, January 29, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
I played regular Blokus with my own children. I recently purchased Blokus Jr for my special education class. I truly believe that many games help with critical thinking, recognizing patterns, and math skills. The game is great and comes with little sheets to help prepare students who are younger or with lower cognitive abilities get the hang of the game without competition.

My students love, love, love Blokus Jr. They will do everything asked to get to play each other. If you're a teacher and feel that your administrator will admonish games, it is easily justified in a lesson plan by aligning to standards of math. They learn academic vocabulary like, transpose, flip, rotate, vertex, endpoint, square, lines. It promotes problem solving skills and logic. You can make scoring based on a point value and use algebraic expression or creating number models. The children can also respond to questions about game play ina m

I can see my students adapting and getting better. Children with low comprehension skills take longer to understand that they cannot put a piece anywhere once they run out of space. It is a way for my students with higher cognitive abilities to excel and show their natural intelligence, especially my dyslexic students.

My qualms are with the quality of the product. The plastic base is flimsy and in my case, not level. The pieces easily shift, particularly when placing another piece next to it. I think traditional Blokus would be a little much for my current level of student, but I may purchase it, however I may get it due to the flimsiness of Blokus Jr.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for kids, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
My 6 year old really likes this game. I have to help her a little as the board fills up and she tends to just want to fill in all the white space with the tiles. It is still fun and I believe she will get better as she gets older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fun & Stimulating, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
I ordered this game for my 6 year old nephew and he loves it. We had this shipped to his home cross country for Christmas and it arrived very quickly and in excellent condition. As long as the folks on the other end don't mind doing the wrapping, this is my favorite way to shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for teaching strategy, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Blokus Junior Game (Toy)
My five-year old LOVES to play this with us. She quickly learned what it meant to block the other player by trying to take over the board, rather than staying in her little corner. And I like that a game takes about 10 min, so we can play multiple times or move onto the next game.

Blokus Junior Game