Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on September 17, 2012
Good try. Hot Wheels and Angry Birds... why not!
Only problem is those pigs are hung on tiny rubber bands. Big kids can do but the set might be too boring. Little kids love them but need to ask parents to hang up the pigs EVERY TIME. And what it takes is one bird shoot. Figure that out...
on August 9, 2012
In regards to toys, my grandson's two obsessions are ramps and Angry Birds. As a grandmother my obsession is making the only grandson happy. So although I have swore I would never buy another Hot Wheels Ramp type toy again, I once more broke my promise and purchased this poorly made, overpriced toy. The directions to put the pieces together are of poor quality. They are primarily pictures, but more of them would be nice. Or clearer. I will admit I am not the smartest person, but I have got a Master's Degree, so neither do I think I am stupid. Once I deciphered the instructions, after 30 minutes I gave up with the elastic bands that need to be set every time the car goes through the launcher. I tried stronger elastics. They did not work for me either. I was all set to return the toy. However, the grandson had started playing with the Angry Bird car and using the ramp parts and launcher in conjunction with some blocks. So we are keeping it. The launchers works well. The car runs down the ramp well, although not as fast as the box may imply, and the Angry Bird car is cute. But if you intend to use the parts as pictured on the box, you will most likely be disappointed.
55 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
I bought it for my grandson's 5th birthday. He is really into Angry Birds.

The set looks very attractive and seemed like it would be a lot of fun. However, as other reviewers have mentioned, it takes an adult playing with the child to make this toy work. Putting the hanging parts onto the door frames is exceedingly difficult, even for adults. You have to get the door, position it correctly, press down and back to engage the rubber band. Then you have to push the door down until it sort of catches. But you have to keep the door perfectly vertical. If it's not vertical, it won't "catch", and you have to keep readjusting and twisting it until you think it's in the shallow groove. A child's hands just cannot do this.

To me a mark of a good toy is it keeps the child's attention for a good while, and the child is able to play with it himself/herself with no or an absolutely minimal amount of assistance. It takes about 5 seconds for the child to cock the plunger and release the car. The car knocks the doors off just fine, and it looks pretty cool. But then it takes like 2 to 4 minutes for the adult to get the three doors and to try to install them again. All this time the child is sitting with nothing to do! Also, the adult is always having to be on his knees getting up and around getting the pieces and trying to get in the right position to re-attach the doors. What a pain. When the child is "cocking" the plunger, he frequently disengages the track, separating it into pieces, that the adult has to re-attach.

Anyway, after the third time, my grandson lost interest and we went to play with something else.

The box should say an adult is absolutely required 100% of the time to make the toy work.
on November 29, 2012
Another reviewer was right in that the directions suck. With that being said, when you finally figure it out you'll be smacking your head for not figuring it out sooner. The decals, at least on our set, are barely sticky, so the hotwheels and angry birds words were gone within an hour, and the pigs (half the fun I dare say) have been reapplied with double stick tape. I admit, the presence or lack of decals does not affect how the toy performs, you are, however, paying for the angry birds name/branding so I think it is something to consider.

It is annoying that set up with the rubber bands is rather difficult for my 4 year old. With that being said, I don't mind setting it up and playing with it together occasionally. Also, he finds many nontraditional ways to play with it. He'll launch wooden blocks, or take the track apart and use each section (with pig archway) as a sword....

Overall the toy is good for my son. Something with more than one way to play (although not intended by the manufacturer), and something featuring his favorite iphone game characters. My main issue is with the rubber band set up and cheapo decals. I've never seen stickers so lacking in sticky.
on February 5, 2016
My son LOVES to play with this hotwheels track! It is really fun to watch Red bird bust through the bricks and ice. I am giving it five stars because the main user of the product (my three year old) loves it. I think it is great, but I have two qualms:

1) It only includes one car (feel like there should be more)
2) resetting up the little doors you go through is kind of a pain
on January 10, 2013
My son loves Hot Wheels and Angry Birds so this seemed like a good choice. However, we cannot figure out how to attach the flap things to the posts... It's not easy to figure out and we lost (in the Christmas chaos) the directions. He just shoots the bird down the runway at the wall which seems to be fun enough but he's over it now.
on November 2, 2012
My children, ages 2 (boy) and 5 (girl) love this toy. It took about 10 minuets for me to put it together for the first time. Most of the 10 minuets was spent trying to attach the pigs. I found the best way to attach them is to line the notch on the pig up to the notch on the top of the castle and push straight down until the tabs on the bottom of the pig pass and catch the tabs at the lower end of the castle. The instructions show bending the rubber band out but I found that the rubber band falls off easier if you do it their way.

Please note that the earliest recommended age is 5. My 5 year old has successfully attached a pig only twice. You will need to help younger children with this toy so it might not be the best choice if you aren't willing to help out. My children also enjoy shooting brio trains and other hot wheels when I'm not in the mood to keep resetting the pigs.
on March 24, 2014
It took me a while to figure out how to put this together, but now even my 4 year old has figured it out. I like that the track can easily be taken apart because we can store it and pull it out when he wants to play with it. The pig targets are probably the trickiest to get on since you have to be very exact. My son likes to use not just the Angry Bird car that comes with it, but he has used his other cars and even has taken to using some of his Little People characters. I wouldn't recommend this for a child much older than my son, as I could see it getting boring (read unused) very quickly.
on January 16, 2013
Great product. :Rubberbands that hold "pig panels" in place a little weak and may need to replace after multiple uses. My son who is 6 years old loves it and found it compatible with other Hot Wheels tracks.
on February 11, 2014
My son loves this. Me not so much....I have to set the "pigs" up one precarious little rubber bands everyone he wants to shoot the bird....which is not very much fun for me although he does get a kick out of it. I think older kids would get bored fairly quickly. And the toy overall just feels "cheap"