4.0 out of 5 stars great fun!
Published on January 9, 2011 by L. Martinez

3.0 out of 5 stars Received it in a box, but broken
Imagine our surprise when "Santa" brought this lovely toy, still in a box, but broken on Christmas morning. The elevator doesn't work at all as the handle to turn it was broken before we could put it together. My son hasn't played with it but once or twice. I hope he will grow into it.
Published on May 16, 2011 by Jill S. Critchfield

4.0 out of 5 stars great fun!, January 9, 2011
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
My 2 yr 8 mth old son got this for Christmas and he loves it. The assembling was not hard but it comes with a bunch of stickers you have to place all over the toy, and it can be tedious and time consuming. You also must have precision when placing them otherwise they won't be straight and once you stick it you can't un-stick it. I don't like the fact that even though he's had the toy for less than a months some of the stickers have lifted partially or entirely off the toy. I've had to throw a couple out. But I guess it's a minor thing. I wonder why the toy didn't just come with the stickers placed in their respective places straight out of the box. Oh well. The ramps can come off pretty easily without much effort, and my son seems to enjoy taking them off for whatever reason. He really LOVES this toy and spends a lot of time playing with it. It came with one car, but I knew ahead of time he'd need more than that so we also got him a set of Hot Wheels mini cars (pack of 20) and he plays with all of them. It's a really fun toy! I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
Decent toy. My son played with it a lot the first few days. Easy to put together. Seems to have a lot more features than the Disney's Cars garage, so we picked this one. Also was cheaper than the Cars garage. So far we are happy with it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Received it in a box, but broken, May 16, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many stickers, January 6, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
This toy is OK but nothing compared to the Criss Cross Crash set my four year old received for Christmas.There are over 40 stickers that have to be applied when you set this up so if you're playing "Santa" make sure you have some extra time and a steady hand. Cars have a hard time rolling though it and it's really not stand alone, you need to have some track to attach to it, which we don't have. It does look impressive, just not a lot of fun factor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to send back and order again, 2nd one still had problems, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
The first one I ordered didn't have all the pieces with it, so we had to send it back in for a replacment. This part was easy, and Amazon's exchange process was simple. Our replacement arrived within a week, but upon taking it out of the box, we noticed the wind-up handle on the elevator was broken off. My son decided he would play with it anyway - it had already been an extra wait for a Christmas gift, and he was growing impatient. It's a neat playset, but I am disappointed with ordering two and still not getting a product that was 100%.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids enjoy it but flimsy, January 16, 2011
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
We bought this for our almost 4 yr old son for Christmas. He enjoys it a lot as does his 2 1/2 yr old sister. My only complaints are: 1) you have to put (a lot) of stickers on it yourself; and 2) it isn't very sturdy so when they play a little rough with it or squabble over it, as young children do, it comes apart easily - eg the ramps come off or pieces of the elevator snap off. They do go back on easily as well but it can be annoying. Although it states "3 yrs and up", this toy may be better suited for kids that are a little older.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 31, 2010
D. Boero (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
Purchased it for Christmas. After putting the last part together, my son-in-law noticed a broken piece. Unfortunately, this was for the lift feature. It was too large to ship back, and my grandson fell in love with it. Too bad it came with a broken piece, especially for that price. Next time I will make toy purchases at the store where exchanges are easier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really cool box, Incredibly flawed product., December 25, 2013
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
Almost everything about it didn’t work:

The top spinning loader that holds 5 cars doesn’t have enough incline to propel the cars forward when you open the gate. The cars roll just out of the gate and to the entrance - and then stop. (They’re supposed to roll into the track and roll down.)

The handle crank to raise the elevator was broken on arrival. Even if it wasn’t, the turn requires enough force that the thin plastic connection would have broken anyway... So my kids had to raise and lower the elevator awkwardly by hand.

Only some cars make it all the way down the track... It has a straight-away area in the middle where most Hot Wheels cars get stuck.

There’s this cool ‘broken gate’ thing that the cars are supposed to hit and pass through - but they never have enough inertia so it just stops them, or slows them down enough they get stuck on the track right after.

The track has has two main entry points and a spinning thing on the middle floor to control the direction. This means only ONE track direction works at a time (annoying) AND it’s difficult to line up so it catches the cars and stops them if you don’t have it very precisely aligned.

The cool handle bar launcher thing has a malfunctioning mechanism so when you push it back it’s VERY difficult (as an adult even!) to lock into place... Kids can’t do it, so I do it for them. Then instead of shooting the car down the connected track - it FLIPS the car into the air because the spring is too strong.

There were many stickers and it was time consuming and difficult to assemble. There are indentations in the plastic for the stickers which is somewhat helpful --- but there are more spaces for stickers than there are stickers! So if you follow the directions and put arrows where they’re supposed to go - you’re left with several more “hole” and “arrow” indentions where stickers should go but there are none to go there... So it feels incomplete and cheap.

I sensed it was a cheap plastic construct so I was very careful - I spent two and half hours, being very careful... The instructions were a bit unclear. In the end it’s so flimsy there’s no way it’s going to hold up for any amount of time. But it doesn’t matter because my kids aren’t even playing with it because it doesn’t really work.

This was a Christmas gift for my boys. They were so excited to open it and so disappointed that it didn’t work very well... But it’s a gift so I can’t really return it without a weird family interaction. (I don't want my parents who sent it to feel as disappointed as we did.) Hot Wheels should be ashamed - at $65 this isn't even an inexpensive product. This messed up our Christmas morning a little. :-/

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
I was iffy about buying this for my 4 year-old son, but decided to since there are no decent Hot Wheels/Matchbox car garages anymore. After spending 45 minutes putting on the stickers and another 20 assembling it, I realized how poor the design is. For instance, the main feature is the mechanical elevator that a car drives into. Only problem is the entrance to the garage is nearly covered by the gray track, and the entrance itself is about 1/4" off the ground. There are orange Hot Wheels tracks visible on the box, so I tried connecting a track to the elevator entrance, but there isn't enough space for the connector to attach. Nice! Same thing with the two entrances/exits. You need to attach tracks to enable the cars to drive in, and the connectors don't make for a smooth fit. I'm not sure why all entrances/exits wouldn't be flush with the ground.

It makes absolutely not sense, but apparently passed through approval with the design team. Any chance we can simplify things? Maybe bring back the fold up, suitcase-like playsets that RULED back in the 80's? I'm 42 and am THOROUGHLY disappointed with having to sift through wall-mounted tracks and tracks to play with in the tub. A bathtub track??? Get back to basics and start reproducing the classic Hot Wheels that my generation played with and enjoyed, and want to be able to buy for our kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars Came with Crank Broken, but Son Loves It, December 31, 2010
This review is from: Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260 (Toy)
This product came broken, but I didn't feel it was worth it to return, seeing as the price I paid was great, and they were offering only a refund.
My four-yesr old son loves it. He quickly figured out how to turn the guide in the center to make the car continue down the ramp. It's really a neat little toy. We'll see how durable it is, especially since it came broken. I will attempt to glue the crank for the elevator back on so it can be used. The elevator is not really a necessary part of the toy, however. It still is quite functional without it.
I would highly recommend this for little car-lovers.

Mattel Hot Wheels WM Blitz Mega Garage MTTV3260