4.0 out of 5 stars It Really Works - Convinced a Skeptic
I was not hopeful, I was ready to have to return this product in anticipation of it not working out - in fact, upon receiving the product, I was careful to save all packing materials as I was fairly certain a return was inevitable.

I was wrong.

Published on February 23, 2008 by Mary Pendleton

2.0 out of 5 stars There is a down side...
Published on July 17, 2008 by Rice Delman

4.0 out of 5 stars It Really Works - Convinced a Skeptic, February 23, 2008
Mary Pendleton (Renton, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mattress Medic Money Saving Way to Fix Your Saggy Mattress and to End Restless Nights Tossing and Turning.

I was wrong.

The thing actually works. It comes in a very unimpressive package, no instructions, just the Mattress Medic, a pump and a patch kit, lol. It takes some patience in adjusting it properly to suit the wear pattern on your mattress (that in itself might take a few days to discern; sleeping on it and seeing what areas need more or less lift) but it seriously, really works. I slept great last night on my rather inexpensive mattress (the first brand new mattress I ever purchased - but lets be real, it's a $300 mattress, queen size, you do get what you pay for in the mattress world)which is only 3 years old. In fact, I would venture to say this product has made the bed better than it was when brand new - keeping in mind it is an economy mattress.

Anyhow, I definitely recommend this product. I don't have to go out and buy a new mattress now for at least a year or two? I hope? We'll see, but so far, so good.

2.0 out of 5 stars There is a down side..., July 17, 2008
I guess if you only want to make your mattress APPEAR more level, then buy one. However, once you actually lay on it, you'll notice that the sagging seems just as pronounced, if not more. This is displacement at it's basic level. It's a bunch of big pockets of low-pressure air. What would happen if you laid on a half-inflated inner tube? you'd sink in the middle and it would bulge around you. The same thing happens here. Just like your original mattress, this will sag wherever the weight of your body applies pressure, HOWEVER, the displaced air will also lift the places where there is no weight, creating the illusion of more sag, and NO support.
Like I said above, this definitely will make your bed look better during the day. But if you're like me, and buying it because your back hurts from sleeping on your stomach on a sagging mattress, this will likely make it worse. The only way to get actual support is by over-inflating the pockets, which can get surprisingly firm (WAY too firm!). In that case, sleep on the floor, it's much more level.
It's a cool idea, but it's executed poorly. The air chambers need to be MUCH smaller so displacement can't occur as much, or supplemented with foam to increase support.
Here's an alternative solution: Even out the sags of your mattress with towels and blankets underneath, and then spend a little more money and get a memory foam topper. If you think they're weird or too soft, get a 3", that way you can still have a little old fashioned cushioning from your actual mattress. Otherwise get a 4", you'll get used to it in no time and sleep like a baby.
Memory foam evens out all the bumps, since the tension doesn't increase as it contracts.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work! Follow my instructions!, September 27, 2011
It really does work. My wife and I have an expensive king size Banner mattress that after 5 years developed a sag on each of our sides. I'm sure no matter how much you spend on a "real" mattress, it will develop sag. If your bed is so worn out that the Salvation Army won't take it, it probably won't help much.

YOU WILL NEED 2 SMALL SIZE MEDICS FOR A KING BED IF YOU HAVE A SAG WHERE EACH PERSON SLEEPS AND A HUMP IN THE MIDDLE. One medic is too difficult to control for a large bed. Just fold under the 2 end air bladders that would hang out from under the mattress and don't use them.

I ordered 2 twin size medics to shove under our mattress. It really helps, BUT take your time inflating and understanding where the sag spots are on your bed. I prefer I more softer bed and my wife likes it very firm. On my side of the bed I BARELY have any air in the center bladders (side bladders don't have any air). Maybe just 2 pumps! It will still look like there is not enough air, BUT take both of your hands and put pressure on each bladder and you will see that it takes very little air to get a slight boost 1/2"-1". You will be very unhappy if you over inflate your bladders. Now my wife on the other-hand, has 2x-3x the air in her medic that I would not like.

So yes, get one or two depending on your size of mattress. It will really help a slightly worn mattress that you spent all your hard earned money on!

4.0 out of 5 stars HUGE MONEY SAVER! It works awesome!, October 5, 2010
I was worried about getting this, their was not that many reviews. It looked way better than the other ones to get. Seperate individual chambers help big time! The air last for about 3 months then it starts to deflate. No problem we just air it back up. Our mattress sagged so bad we both couldn't even lay close to the center of the bed or we'd be sleeping into each other. Don't have the money for $700 new mattress. I TELL YOU, NO MORE SORE BACKS after sleeping with this under the bed. I really was amazed how great it worked. My wife even noticed she doesn't wake up with a sore back any more. When you first fill the chambers with air, you only need about 2 pumps in each chamber. We pumped them all up the first time and the bed had a bubble in it center it was way to much..ha ha! It works that good. It does take about an hour to adjust the air and make it just right. I recommend this product.

I do wish they would just invent a BETTER way to hold the air in longer because it's such a great product and money saver!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, May 30, 2010
I recommend purchasing this product if you have a sagging mattress.

We have a 6 year old pillow-top king, which despite rotating it periodically, has dips on one side. After installing the product, the bed has leveled and my back pain is GONE! The only thing I would change is making the air channels long enough to reach the foot of the bed. This would make adjusting it MUCH easier.

A much needed solution to a pretty common problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it does work, February 19, 2010
This product definitely works as advertised. It does take a little time to adjust each pocket to fit your personal preference though. Now I wake up every morning with no back pain, not to mention the money I saved from not buying a new mattress...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mattress Works!, March 21, 2007
We Purchased 2 Mattress Medics for are 2 older 8 yrear old mattress!

Unbelievable !My 1200 dollar mattress that had all 4 sagging corners is after installing the mattres medic Its back to perhaps 98% from new!I can sleep again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, June 24, 2008
K. Johnson "KATwoman" (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
When I saw it I was a bit leery. However, it works beautifully. Pumping up the chambers is a bit tiresome and will take a while. I needed another person to help test the bed after letting out air. Definitely worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved us buying a mattress, I appreciate that!, November 16, 2013
This certainly saved us from having to buy a new mattress for the back bedroom. I hope the mattress lasts as long as this Mattress Medic does. So far, so good, we love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, March 7, 2009
M. Williams (Corvallis, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This product did not fix the situation, despite numerous attempts and configurations.

I can see how it might help some but for me, with a king size mattress and a couple of dips, it was unable to fix things and actually made them worse.

I felt happier to just remove the item altogether and live with it until I get another mattress.

Rate and Discover Movies