Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 20, 2007
My husband and I bought this book before exploring the mountain on our visit to the Big Island. What a fabulous book! It was easy to reference and made our trip so much more enjoyable. We knew where to go and what we were looking at. It gave a lot of background on Hawaiian history and the significance the mountain has to the Hawaiian people. This made our visit to Mauna Kea very pleasurable. I would highly recommend it if you on your way to the Big Island!
on April 5, 2008
The book overall tells alot about the history of Mauna Kea, it's legends, and history. There is an excellent section on each Observatory on Mauna Kea, but, that section of the book needs updating, as it keeps referring to new, updated equiptment, arriving in 2006. Otherwise, it's a great read about the Volcano and all it has to offer.
on April 25, 2008
I purchased this book for my husband. He was very pleased. We are going back to the Big Island and the book will be of great use to him.

It was more informative than I had expected. It was loaded with photos too.

I am quite pleased with this purchase.
on August 18, 2013
A+++++;Excellant Service and Response; Will Absolutely Use Again!!! Good Book, Glad I found you for this purchase. Thank You Again
on July 28, 2006
I never like to give a bad review and never have before but I really feel that I have to in this case. I have taught astronomy and worked at one of the telescopes on the summit of Mauna Kea myself and I have to say that this book is so badly written that I could not actually believe that anyone had published it or that it was written by an adult. I looked it up and found that it wasn't published by a real publisher after all, but by a vanity press, which explains the very poor quality of the writing. The content is also so simplistic that it is not really at all useful as a guide. This is not one to waste your time on.