5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Dependable Easy
The Maverick Redi-Chek three-line timer is the best, most dependable, and easiest-to-use kitchen timer I've ever owned.

Published on November 27, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Works As Advertised
Published on March 24, 2011 by Trade Wind

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Dependable Easy, November 27, 2010
Amazon Customer "What's Your TTFHW?" (Silicon Valley, CA, United States) - See all my reviews

It features a large, easy-to-read display that shows all three count-down timers at once. The bezel is nearly flush with the display, so you can see all three timers from a variety of angles. The buttons are not big, but they are well separated and clearly labeled. The back has a magnetic attachment, a fold-out prop, and a hole for wall mounting. I have never found another timer that combined all of these features.

Another great feature is the timer "memory". Each timer remembers its last setting, so you can preset timers to common count-down times and use them over and over. I use one timer to control the brew time on my french press coffee pot; it has counted down 4 minutes over 1500 times!

Best of all, my timer has been unbelievably reliable. I have used it just about every day for at least five years with no problems whatsoever. I don't own any other inexpensive electronic equipment that has held up as well.

I'm here on Amazon, writing this review, because I've been finally forced to buy a new unit. In fact, I'm buying *two*. I guess they don't last forever, but remember that I've had this one for so long that I can't remember when or where I bought it! I'm certain that I've had my current one for over five years, and I've replaced the batteries several times. Finally, though, the LCD screen is starting to die. I spent most of the day looking at mostly more expensive models that didn't have as many features and got bad reviews, and then finally decided to see if I could find this one again. Thank heavens, Amazon carries them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works As Advertised, March 24, 2011
Trade Wind (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maverick Professional Digital 3-Line Timer (Kitchen)
I was hesitant to purchase this product at first due to the negative feedback. But figuring that maybe user error was at fault I went ahead (11 bucks not much of a gamble anyway). The instructions were short, concise and the product is perfect. Yes you need to remove the plastic protector from the battery for it to work (not in instructions) then you're off. The timers do count down together unless you select one of them separately. Not that big of a deal...and how would it know anyway unless you indicated which timer to control. It took five minutes to get setup (three of which was getting it out of that child proof plastic packaging). This item is great. Just READ the one page instruction guide and you're set.

Update 2/19/12 - Worked for a year then Kaput. Lowered from 5 stars to three.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT KITCHEN TIMER!, February 7, 2011
This review is from: Maverick Professional Digital 3-Line Timer (Kitchen)
I had the predecessor to this fantastic, once you understand how it operates, unit. First, I've just received the unit. It works as advertised. However, some may find it too complicated to use.
Here's what you've got: 1.it functions as a clock,2. as a 'count up' timer...you know, hit the button and the counter counts up in hundredths of a second,3. next,there's three, that's right (3) Separate And Different KITCHEN TIMERS...timers that just happen to peacefully coexist in the same,easy to hold, case. The previous model seemed to be built fairly sturdy, at least, not too fragile. Ok, now it's all about the buttons.
The bottom left button...the timer/clock button. How that thing works...once you've removed the small piece of plastic that prevented the batteries from working, you will have a display, and by now you've probably removed the small plastic 'window' display that covered the display. Pushing that timer/clock button shifts what you see from the clock function to the timer function. When at the timer function, hold timer 1 button down...in seconds the display 'blinks', while it's blinking is when you enter how much time you want. Once you've got your time, push the timer 1 button again, that sets the time. Now...what if you don't want that time any longer? hold down the timer button until it blinks, now hit the 'clear' button, the screen resets to zeros, and the blinking timer 1 screen is asking for a new time, if you're through timing, tap the timer 1 button, the display shows. 0:00>00 not blinking. Timers 2 & 3...work exactly the same way. As you select the separate timers...remember when selecting a timer...you only affect that particular timers screen. Your clock screen functions unseen while you use your timer. And vice versa. You only have to hit the timer/clock button to view. And YES IT'S LOUD! so what...the last thing, this unit has this Start /Stop button. When your timer is going off and it's loud, you are going to like that bigger button...hit it...your timer is silenced. That's about the end of the use for that button.I hope this covers it! Thanks, Mike the Cooking Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not last, May 1, 2012
This review is from: Maverick Professional Digital 3-Line Timer (Kitchen)
I work in a busy chiropractic office, so we need several timers for the therapies for our patients. We've been using this brand for a few years since it has 3 timers that can run at once. It works really well, great features, but it keeps failing after a few months. We try changing batteries, securing the batteries tighter in the back, etc. Every one of them has failed within a short time. The whole unit will just go blank randomly, sometimes several times a day. We have to reset each timer individually and start over, hoping it lasts through the day.
They were the only brand that had a multi-timer at our local stores. I've given up on this brand and am now searching online for a better one.
If it stays working for you, then I'd say this is a great product. But, based on it's very poor reliability, I would not recommend it to anyone, and I would not buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Technology timer is great, December 28, 2009
Timer is great for people who like technology and I personally thinks this timer is very useful. The alarm is loud enough which is a plus to me because other timers are too quiet when cooking. I like this timer alot because of the options and the fact that you can have three things set at once. Or have two things set and have clock function showing at the same time. Anyone not interested in technology might not like this timer as much because you have to press about five buttons to set the timer unlike most traditonal timers. Overall I think it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful timer for cooks!, May 28, 2009
This review is from: Maverick Professional Digital 3-Line Timer (Kitchen)
I actually purchased one of these from a cooking store several years ago. It is a great timer if you have multiple items cooking or if you need two timers for something (like cookies.) The memory function is great, so no having to reset the timers all of the time.

The only issue is that it takes odd sized coin batteries. They're not difficult to find, though, but you do have to shop a bit.

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst products I've ever purchased, January 18, 2010
This review is from: Maverick Professional Digital 3-Line Timer (Kitchen)
Not often will I throw a brand new product into the trash, but that's what happened with this one. First, it's very fiddly and inconvenient to set and use, as others have mentioned, you have to press and hold the "timer 1/2/3" button, set the time, then press the button again to finally be ready to actually time something. Each button press is accompanied by a painfully loud beep. When you press the "start" button, ALL the timers start, not just the one you want to use. The next time you go to use the timer, you might think that clearing the times from the 3 timers would clear them. No, it just says 0:00 until you hit the start button, then all 3 timers start, using the last set time that you thought you'd clear. There is, apparently, NO WAY to actually really clear a time from any of the three timers.

Honestly, it's pretty rare to find products that are this bad. Head scratchingly "what were they thinking?" bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great if you know how to read directions, January 30, 2011
This review is from: Maverick Professional Digital 3-Line Timer (Kitchen)
I love this timer! It works exactly how the instructions say it will work (note: actually reading the instructions is always a good idea...) and is extremely convenient for timing multiple dishes at once. No more using the stove timer and the microwave timer and my cell phone just to make sure I don't miss a cooking end time. Plus it can stand on the counter or stick to the fridge with a magnet. Awesome purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Batteries?, May 26, 2011
Advertised as "Batteries included". The timer I got had no batteries. I contacted Ace Photo Digital who told me I had to contact the manufacturer because they didn't carry manufacturer accessories. 2 batteries cost me about 9 dollars. The timer works fine but wasn't happy about having to buy the batteries. Wound up costing almost twice as much as advertised.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that efficient a timer., May 15, 2011
I was hoping that this timer would be a time saver and it is not.
If you are baking something for 45 minutes, you have to press the "minute" button, 45 times.
Difficult to stop buzzer and overall, I am not that happy with it.

Maverick Professional Digital 3-Line Timer