5.0 out of 5 stars Riding with angels

3.0 out of 5 stars decent wheel for training
Published on February 8, 2012 by adavco

5.0 out of 5 stars Riding with angels, October 8, 2006
Lowell L. Bethel (Seattle Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL Wheelset (Misc.)
These wheels are beautiful like the most beautiful woman you have ever met. Your bike rolls like a dream with these. I dream about these wheels sometimes. After years of desiring these wheels I bought them last year and they are so beautiful. I've had no problems. Get the warranty and Mavic will repair then if necessary. No one I know has ever had a problem with these. I hit a bad pothole and I"m still rolling. These wheels are indestructable but be nice to them. These are not your father's commuting wheels in the city because trust me never let these beauties out of your sight because they will be stolen immediately. They'll leave your bike and take the wheels. Be careful. These are what the angels ride in heaven.

If you were to dream of perfect wheels these are them brother.

3.0 out of 5 stars decent wheel for training, February 8, 2012
This review is from: Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL Wheelset (Misc.)
These are all around the most average wheel on the market. They are light, but not too light. They are durable, but not indestructible. They are terrible in wind tunnel tests but feel good climbing. They are cheaper than carbon but more expensive than what an average aluminum wheel should be. The coolest thing about them is the wide spokes that make them look awesome, unfortunately they also act like windmills when riding and create ridiculous amounts of drag and pull in crosswinds. That said, if you are looking for a great training wheel that can double as a durable race wheel these are a good option.

Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL Wheelset