Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardChange
Price:$9.96 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
I must say I am impressed and a little surprised with what they have done with Max Payne. I have been building this game up in my head for the past few years since I first caught wind of it and I must say it has met and beat my expectations. The game is very well put together. There is intense action, a lot of violence, and a carefully woven story that is peppered with flashbacks and poetic cut scenes. The single player campaign is roughly 10 hours long and the trophies are split up between single player and multiplayer, though there are a few more single player trophies. Fans of the original games will enjoy this very much. I have a feeling that newcomers may gravitate more toward the multiplayer side of the game, while us old timers play Max Payne for the gripping story and the depressed main characters drunken inner monologue.

The full installation size is 5.5 gigs, there was a 25mb update on release day and a 59mb update on 5-21-12 which may have corrected some of the below issues gamers have been having. You DO NOT need to be connected to the internet for Max Payne 3 to save your game, as others have claimed you do. I unhooked my network and played for an hour, quit, restarted and it went right to where I left off. You also will earn trophies, but you need the internet to sync them to the PSN. Some players have noted that there are audio interruptions throughout the game, I have noticed this as well, however they are very minimal and random throughout the game which does not hinder the game playing experience. My only issue was that the voice did not match the characters lips moving in a short cut scene, again, a very mild issue which may have been corrected with the most recent update as I have not had any issues since.

Pros
+ Beautiful natural feeling graphics. Fairly well detailed and smooth running. It has a unique style that is very entertaining.
+ There is a very nicely woven storyline that really holds your interest throughout.
+ The A.I. is very good in my opinion giving us smart challenging enemies.
+ Music is classic Max Payne, but with a modern twist. Sound is very clear and strong. Voice acting is top notch and funny at times.
+ Bullet time is very well crafted. 360 shooting while on the ground is a nice touch. Shooting from cover is also well achieved.
+ Multiplayer does grow on you after more plays. It is fast, simple and smooth.

Cons
- Multiplayer is not as great as I was hoping. It is a bit clunky and only mildly entertaining. Bullet time is fun, however easily becomes a mess with many players. I would not recommend this game simply for multiplayer.
- Control in single player and multiplayer takes a little while to get used to. It is good, however it needs to grow on you. Sort of reminds me of the Alan Wake controls and the aiming system reminds me of Red Dead Redemption.
- I found that the game does get slightly repetitive after a while, however with the regular scenery change and story jumping it is very minimal.
- Bullet time can sometimes actually hinder your game play. If an enemy shoots you and you are near death, you are forced into a locked bullet time, which is cool, but if you need to reload or an object is in your way you will die and you have no control. Very frustrating.
- There a few weird clipping issues. Sometimes when you shoot an enemy they will just stand there frozen, and eventually fall.

One little pet peeve of mine in games is when they take the control away from the player, well due to all the loading cut scenes they do take the control away quite often and have varying length cut scenes. It does get annoying after a while and for the most part you cannot skip the cut scenes as it is loading the next section. However I rather sit through a cut scene than a empty loading screen.

As a huge Max Payne series fan, I was a little insulted by them adding multiplayer, though it is mildly fun and entertaining and like any multiplayer game it greatly depends on who you are playing with. Other reviews are saying this third installment in the Max Payne series has drifted from its roots. I agree and disagree. It has been almost 10 years since Max Payne 2 came out and the game needed a facelift. It is still Max Payne, however they have gone above and beyond to make this a new gaming experience yet still hold on to the classic aspects we look for. Max is old, I felt as bad for him as I did for Bruce Willis in Die Hard 4. He still has it though! Max's sad poetic dialogue, painkillers, and bullet time are all here. The game is very violent and intense, mostly seen in bullet time slow-mo kills showing the bullets flying through your enemies like a grapefruit.

The game is very smooth and stable and I have had no issues with glitching or lagging. At one point a multiplayer game did freeze up (the game, not the system) on me and it restarted within 30 seconds and took me back to the multiplayer menu.

Over-all I am very happy with Max Payne 3. It has lived up to my expectations and the hype. However keep in mind it is a single player game, with a less than perfect multiplayer game latched onto the single player for survival. The style is great; it is like a Heavy Rain and L.A. Noire and a Tony Scott (especially Man on Fire) film all in one. It is highly entertaining and the dialogue is fun and holds your interest throughout the game play. The loading times are hidden in the cut scenes, so there are many long cut scenes and they do seem to interrupt often, so if you are looking for a shoot um' up style game you'll get it with MP3, however you'll have to sit through the cut scenes first.

Highly recommended.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 1, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
Dark, gritty, and incredibly violent, "Max Payne 3" was clearly inspired by the works of the late, great Tony Scott. Spoken words of dialogue sporadically popping up on the screen as white text... color distortions and filters... multiple frames split with bold lines... a muted color palette... all of these elements of style summoned Scott's films to mind, while playing MP3. More than anything else, however, it was the gritty storytelling and the darkness of character that reminded me of Scott. The first thing that popped into my mind when I began playing MP3 was "Man on Fire", the great Denzel Washington revenge movie. And at its core, that's exactly what MP3 is: an interactive revenge movie.

I can't think of another game I've played that's as atmospheric as MP3. You can feel the suffering of this man, and all his many follies. The other characters are also richly drawn, and the settings of Brazil (both the impoverished areas and the wealthy ones) are created effectively and convincingly. The various chapters are oftentimes brilliant, with some of the standouts being an enormous soccer stadium, a river traversed by speedboat, and a siege upon a luxury yacht in the Panama Canal. The story, voice acting, and cut scenes are all surprisingly good, and they paint a story that at first seems generic, but slowly becomes a riveting force that propels you forward through the campaign, eager to see the next chapter.
I feel like Rockstar Studios would have been better served by creating a new IP for this game, because it's so much more advanced and sophisticated than the other two titles in the series... but that's far more of a compliment than a complaint.

I took off one star for some issues: Foremost, the violence. I understand this is a violent story, and a mature title designed for adults, just like an R rated film. But some of the violence is simply gratuitous, particularly the slow motion, close up kills that signify the clearing of enemies in a room- and to make matters worse, this is hardly a new "trick". "Stranglehold" was doing this way back in 2006.

Second, the mechanics are a tad dated, and not quite as smooth as the best of the competition. Rockstar insists on mapping their aim and trigger inputs to the bumper buttons for some reason (just like in "Red Dead Redemption"), as opposed to the trigger buttons. This is fundamentally inconvenient for a couple of reasons... it defies the industry standards, and makes it difficult for gamers who are hardwired for conventional controls (alternate button mapping is possible, but you can't use the triggers for triggers, no matter what you choose). There is a very good reason why the trigger buttons on your controller are called trigger buttons... it's because they replicate triggers!

The slow motion trick (otherwise known as "bullet time") has not aged particularly well. The combat of this game is at its best when it relies upon the stop and pop, cover based shooting. Diving around in slow motion feels forced, and is not very fun. I only used slow motion when I was absolutely forced to, because there was no cover around.

These shortcomings, however, cannot undo what is a fantastic game, a credit to Rockstar Studios, and a fitting homage to Tony Scott.
on December 7, 2013
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: Standard
Graphics are good. But what's important is the game play and this game control is a total joke. Hard to aim and everytime you try to do the freeze motion you are constantly trying to aim for the Enemies' head. If you hit them 4-5 times in the legs and other parts of the body, they are not dead yet! You leap into the air and in slow motion shooting them multiple time and thinking they are definitely dead and then guess what? you're now lying on the floor because you leaped forward/side back and suddenly the enemy didn't die and he's moving around shooting at you and you're trying to get up as quickly as possible just to hide! This game offers nothing other than shoot , hide, shoot again. If you gone through a scene and end up dying you start from the very beginning of the check point. This game would of been executed correctly if it weren't for the bad control. Too many cut scenes and too much talking. Enemies instantly know where you are from miles away. You can't even find time to hide in the corner. The hiding function is not fluid and feels sticky. The story is boring. You're just trying to save this South American girls and you have go through a bunch enemies. The first 2 Max Payne was fun. I played this half way and I coudn't take it anymore so I listed it on Ebay.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 26, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
The terrible pun best describes my experience with this game. Really it's a good game (for $20 anyway) but boy does it annoy at times. The story is lengthy and engaging and the acting fantastic, but the main character's bout of depression and self destruction got tiresome. Gameplay is fun but glitchy. As many here have mentioned, you do occasionally get stuck while in cover, forcing a checkpoint reload. Another gripe of mine lies with the game being cinematic to a fault. Whether it be a lengthy monologue while strolling sloooowly towards your destination or a particularly long cutscene (of which there are many), the game is determined to ensure you experience every agonizing second of it, New Game + or not.

The biggest payne though is the difficulty which tends to skyrocket at various moments, leading to retries after retries after retries. I'm not opposed to a game using health items instead of a recharging bar, in fact I prefer that to the tiresome blood-splatter-color-fading screens that accompany rechargeable health. But it takes so little to put Max down that you'll be spending most of your shootouts on the ground writhing in payne than on your feet.

Despite these problems the game is fun, especially considering that it includes cheats which gives it high replay in my book. If you want a good 3rd person shooter and can find this for under $30, you won't be disappointed.
on April 2, 2014
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
I might be one of the few people to play Max Payne 3 AFTER I played GTA 5. I recall during the long wait to GTA 5 a lot of press discussing that the hold up was Max Payne 3 continued support after release. At the time I was looking forward to GTA 5 and really had no interest in this game.

I finished GTA though and got this game for $12.

I do not understand what is going on at Rockstar. Despite the high marks this game has gotten at the professional review sites and here on Amazon, I find this game to be rather dull. There is simply nothing new here. You get some back story about how hard life is for an ex cop, he drinks a lot etc etc. And then you are off to one corridor or another shooting bad guys. That's all that ever happens. There's no variety to the enemies types. Its just point, shoot and move on.

The graphics are pretty good but over the years I've come to expect a lot from Rockstar. With GTA 4, this title and GTA 5 I really do feel as if they've lost their innovative edge. The one bright spot being Red Dead Redemption.
on November 12, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: Standard
As a huge fan of the originals, I was a bit skeptical when I saw that Rockstar was going to develop their own Max Payne game. I loved the noir and the grittiness that Remedy crafted with the first two Max Payne games as well as the Matrix-esque bullet time gameplay. I have also loved most of Rockstar's own developed games such as the GTA series and Red Dead Redemption. Finally got around to getting Max Payne 3 when it was super cheap, and boy was I glad I got it for as cheap as I did. I will start off saying that the shoot-dodge/bullet time mechanic is still a fun one to play and it is the main reason why I kept playing through the game. As for the rest of the aspects of the game, I could not care less about any of it when playing the game. I will admit it is a well produced and made game as most Rockstar titles are. I commend Rockstar for trying to make it in their own vision and I really have no problem with the Heat/Man On Fire style they were going for. But the shortcomings stack up too high and make this a very unlikable game, especially for fans of the original two.

One of the things that I felt didn't work at all was the constant blur and over-saturation effects constantly happening through all cutscenes. The image will appear washed out and flash, stretch, and return back to a normal look throughout every cutscene. It is an aesthetic style Rockstar probably wanted to change up the normal cutscenes, but happens just far too often and does not need to happen unless it's a scene when the effect is emphasizing when is Max drinking heavily or taking painkillers. In addition to this action vignetting, cutscenes happen way more often than they need to. I'm not against cutscenes in games (I love the MGS series and their LONG cutscenes), but Max Payne 3 feels like it has too many small scenes that happen way too often. Many of them are unnecessary and take you out of the action for no reason whatsoever. In many instances the scenes linger on a bit too long while Max takes cover ready to shoot a group of enemies just ahead. By the time the game gives you back control you could have killed all of them and reloaded. It's almost as if the creators wanted to give your opponents a chance. I'm all for a challenge, but it seems pointless to already have you looking at Max as if you should control while all the enemies get a chance to take cover and making the shoot outs harder than they should be. Cover is another reason this game isn't as good as it should be. Rockstar probably felt the need for a cover mechanic as it is in nearly every third-person shooter these days. But this addition of hiding behind cover defeats the main shoot-dodge gameplay of a Max Payne game. There are too many moments where you NEED to take cover or you'll be blown to bits in an instant. Even though slowing down time and shoot-dodging can get you the upper hand at times, the game gives you way too many enemies at once that it defeats the purpose of these mechanics and forces you to rely on cover. It's a shame because these games should be ALL about the slo-mo and shoot-dodging, leave cover systems to third-person games that need it. In addition to cover ruining the core game play of Max Payne games, it's also one of the buggiest aspects. I found myself getting stuck on cover way too many times. Max would be glued to the cover, unable to shoot or even get off of the wall with the normal button press. The only way to break the bug is to double tap the button to roll away. It wouldn't be too bad if it was a rare glitch, but it happened a good twenty to thirty times while playing, forcing me to restart areas just because I had to roll out of cover and get shot to hell or have enemies straight up walk next to me.

Checkpointing in Max Payne 3 is also a literal "pain" (pun intended). Too many times did I find myself barely making it through rooms of endless enemies only to die instantly when entering the next one and running into an unexpected guy. There were instances that drove me crazy how many times the game forced me to replay areas just because I got ambushed a final guy found well after a gun fight and had less that 10% health. Some stretches of areas are just way too long and go without checkpoint. It wouldn't be so bad, and I do like challenging games, but the game likes to send too many enemies to create these huge gunfights. It worked well in 1 & 2 as the shoot-dodge and slo-mo mechanic made Max a little faster than everyone else around. This game makes Max the same speed as the world around him and often makes the time slow down gameplay frustrating and more of a chore. The quick reload is also gone from 3 and boy does it make reloading in slo-mo impossible. Painkillers, which serve as the series' de-facto health pack, seem way too rare, especially for the mass amounts of enemies that the game sends your way. If you die over and over in a certain spot, the game is nice enough to grant you painkillers when you restart a checkpoint, even allowing any painkillers in the area to count for two picked up rather than the one . It's pretty much a needed addition as you will find yourself dying over and over and over in some sequences with little to no cover and no health. In additon to what little health is found, it's place in spots sometimes that are nearly impossible to find when needed. The developers added an option to make them glow green to stand out, but even then it's hard to spot them when they aren't in a first aid cabinet. Developers added a mechanic called "Last Man Standing" which gives you a chance to come back to life given you have at least one painkiller left. It will spend one painkiller and allow you to live so long as you kill the one who caused your pending demise. It is an interesting way to keep the game going that fails mostly due to it placing you lying on the ground after happening. When this occurs and you are still surrounded by a group of guys, it pretty much always ends with you dead unless you get very lucky.

The final straw that really lead me to disliking this game was the writing and storytelling. Rockstar tries to somewhat retain the graphic novel cutscenes that Remedy perfected in the first two games by sometimes pausing real time cutscenes into comic-like panels. This only adds to the already frequent slowdown that the many small cutscenes cause on their own. That mixed with some pretty mediocre writing really detract from the superb writing from the Remedy games. James McCaffery returns as Max's voice and he is still the perfect one for the character. He does a great job as Max again, it's just as shame that what he is given to read isn't particular interesting. None of the inner monologues that Max has are interesting in any way, and kind of made me wish that Max would just shut up and stop whining all the time. They added little bits of dialogue every time Max picks up more painkillers, even as infrequent as they are gotten the lines of dialogue each time just get annoying. They never repeat (unless you play areas more than once) and are unique to the setting, but I just got tired of him saying something EVERY time I picked up health. This lack of quality writing makes the paper-thin plot look even thinner and pointless. Max Payne 1 & 2 didn't have any expansive plots on their own, but the detail in the dialogue and writing mixed with a bit of tongue-in-cheek plot points made it really stand out. Max Payne 3 just plays it by the books and never really engages you in the plot. As characters die and Max keeps fighting for seemingly no reason, it's hard to care much about what is going on. He's lost much of what made his character fun and interesting, and even those around him are written so thin that it's hard to care why Max wants to protect them. It's just a simple action-type plot with cookie-cutter dialogue that thinks it's as slick and as original as the first two games.

It was tough to get through the last half of the game as I just lost so much interest in anything that was going on. The bullet time gameplay was still fun enough to get me to finish it, but the added cover system makes it almost obsolete as the game gives you too many enemies to deal with even when in slo mo. Too many contrivances like the half broken cover system and sparse health make it too frustrating to play and kills any feeling fluidity the gameplay had before. You'll find yourself playing some moments 15+ times just to get the last few movements and shots right so you can hopefully find a checkpoint and trudge through the next area. It definitely drags on around the half-way point plot-wise as Max seems to have absolutely no reason to keep doing what he is doing, and it's about this point you'll probably start caring less and less about this game. As a huge fan of the original two it's hard to like this game even in the least bit. Anyone who hasn't played the originals might like this game more than I did, but even then I don't recommend they play it. I'd recommend instead they go out and find the original games on eBay if they have an original Xbox or PS2. PSN has the first game on it's downloadable service, but I've heard the PS2 ports of the game are buggy (I played them on original Xbox). I doubt we will see HD remakes of those games as the time they would have happened would have been when this one was coming out, but maybe if some sort of GOTY version happens (which it is undeserving of) we could see. But I doubt Rockstar wants to spend resources doing that when they're hard at work finishing GTA 5 at this time. Max Payne fans, steer clear and dust off your copies of the original games instead of wasting time with this game.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 16, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
I was so incredibly excited for this game, and was hoping that it would live up to its hype. Trust me, it will exceed your expectations and beyond. It has the feel of the original Max Payne, with obviously updated stellar graphics.

STORY - not much has changed for Max in nine years. He's an alcoholic and frequently finds himself in against all-odds situations, still deeply traumatized by his wife's death. He starts out as a bodyguard for rich people, and then ends up in a much more sinister plot. And Max is a mixed bag - you'll never know what he's going to do next.

GRAPHICS - this game doesn't have the BEST, but is in the top-tier when it comes to graphics. The ambience is very moody and gritty, and the gameplay is so awesome that it's one of those things where you can barely tell it switches from cutscene to you playing. You won't be disappointed in this department.

The game is very stylish. It seems very glamorous, especially when starting out at a ritzy Brazilian nightclub. Even though it may seem obnoxious to some, it's rather cool and you'll get used to it. What I mean by stylish is lots of flashing words, changing viewpoints, loud music, etc.

SOUND/VOICE WORK - James McCaffrey is just the perfect Max Payne. He captures the cynicism, pain, and bitterness of Max, and he makes you feel like you're watching a movie. It's all very convincing.

GAMEPLAY - there are a lot of cutscenes, which some may find intrusive, but like the "stylish" look of the game, it's something you can get used to if you find annoying. I personally enjoy Max's story, so if you do as well, you will love it.

Choosing guns is made simple for you. You can have two side-arms or one two-handed weapon. And like we all wanted, Bullet Time and Shoot Dodge are back, and sweeter than ever. They are easy to master, but sometimes you get a little caught up in all the fray that you might forget to use them. However, when you do, it really makes the game more thrilling than ever.

They went a little old school with health re-generation; there is none. Well, if you die it comes back, but it never regenerates over time, even on easy mode. You'll love or hate this, but you can't stand behind a wall and wait for your health to regenerate. It adds to the realism of the game, but also the difficulty.

Gameplay is about 12 hours. But there are other things you can do when you beat it. You can do score challenges, speed runs, play on different modes of difficulty, and...

MULTIPLAYER - I wish there was a way the main story could have been multiplayer, but that wouldn't have been possible. Instead, you can play online with people. It's really just total chaos, but it's fun. They tried to add some narrative in there which is kind of weird, but the multiplayer mode can get a lot out of the game for you once you've finished the single player storyline.

This is definitely a home-run and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to shoot lots of people, feel and watch Max Payne's plight, and have a gaming experience of a lifetime.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 17, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
Since Max Payne 2 came out in 2003, many of us have been waiting for another Max Payne game. Meanwhile, there has been a lot of hype, which surrounds this game. Does it live up to the hype?

CAMPAIGN/STORY: Well, since Max's hiatus, he is still the same, alcoholic, pill-popping we have grown to love. The story surrounds over-the-hill ex-cop, Max Payne being a bodyguard for a group of rich youngsters in Sao Paulo Brazil, and things go awry. After that, the story grows deeper and deeper, as if watching an action drama/thriller. Keep in mind, it is 11 to 12 hours long.

GAMEPLAY: Warning! This game is NOT for kids. The shooting scenes are VERY graphic and gore. Also, keep in mind, Max Payne 3 is a very hard game. Many deaths WILL come. The game play of Max Payne 3 is very immersive, responsive, and VERY addictive. In fact, in many ways, the game is very realistic. For example, some enemies react, based on where they are shot. For example, I shot an enemy in the crotch, and he immediately held his mid-section with two hands, while he was going down. That was surprisingly funny to see on a video game. Also, some enemies don't go down as quickly as others, depending on what they are wearing. I played one chapter, which many enemies had vest on. Of course, I typically shot them in the chest, so realistically; it took a while to take them down. Also, players will know that an enemy has been killed, once he sees a quick, white "X" mark pop up over the enemy's head. That means, stop shooting!!!

Max Payne's movements during gun-fights are very fluid. He can look and move with his weapon at a 360 degree angle. Of course, with the amount of enemies that he will face, positioned at different angles, that's vital. Shooting an enemy on a game never felt so good. I can never get enough of the slow-mo cut scenes of shooting down the last enemy. Just seeing that bullet going into an enemy on those cut scenes is a thing of beauty. Also, during this scene, Max can pump additional bullets into the enemy, until he falls. There are sometimes and overwhelming amount of enemies, but once you get used to the controls, it becomes easier to take down enemies, no matter the quantity. Speaking of controls, there are several varieties. Therefore, don't freak out if you don't like the default controls.

The enemy AI varies. Some enemies act differently than others. Therefore, encounter each enemy, differently and carefully! Some are just stupid and play kamikaze and will run right towards Max. Others will shoot, wait, and find the right time to flank you. Therefore, do not get too comfortable, when Max gets to cover in certain circumstances. By the way, getting access to cover is a new edition to the game.

The aiming sensitivity can be changed. There are three targeting options. Of course, there is the free-aim. This allows the Max to just freely aim with the white dot reticle in which the color does not change, when sighting an enemy. The next is the soft-lock. This shows the dot white dot reticle. When depressing the button, it automatically locks onto an enemy and turns red. However, the reticle can also be moved, freely ala Grand Theft Auto. The last is hard lock. This targeting option locks onto players, until the player switches to another. Keep in mind, when selecting hard lock, many trophies CANNOT be obtained. The shootdodge and bullet time is the same as the other Max Payne games. There are certain gunfights, which this is going to need to be used, very tactfully.

GRAPHICS/VISUALS: The graphics are PHENOMENAL in this game. I can also say that they are probably the best of any Rockstar game, as well as some other PS3 games known for great graphics, such as Uncharted. The graphics really showed their beauty during the cut scenes. The character models look very good. Their facial details are very L.A. Noire-ish. On many cut scenes, the player will see some of the words during conversations just flash up on the screen, similar to Denzel Washington's movie, "Man on Fire". In addition, the dual screens will pop up. In addition, the color of the screens may change, and words will flicker, just like on the movie. It is really cool. Don't get too caught up in the cut scenes because some can lead you right into the action.

The maps on the game are very lush and vivid, especially on the Favela in Rio De Janeiro. Keep in mind to look around on the maps for extra painkillers, as well as parts to gold guns! The blood and gore on a game couldn't be much more realistic. In fact, on some slo-mo killings, I found myself just staring at the blood, as it splatters out of an enemy's head. Also, it is very cool to see various structures be destroyed by gunfire and explosive devices. The animations rival EA's infamous Frostbite Engine.

MULTIPLAYER: I haven't played multiplayer much, but it is wild and has many modes. This is NOT the reason I purchased this game, though.

SOUND/VOICE: The sound is awesome. Players will just love the sounds of the weapons, while being fired. The man (James McCaffrey), who does Max Payne's character makes a player have a true feeling of Max's mood, rather during a cutscene or some one-liners during gameplay.

VERDICT: If you are a fan of Max Payne, this installment is DEFINITELY for you. The graphics and the gameplay are just great. The player will have the feeling of playing in their favorite action thriller/drama. This is why this game gets a definite five-star rating.
on May 4, 2014
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
Waste of money. Way too much just sitting there watching people talk, and way too much having to play in slow mode (and not in a good way). Don't know what the creators of this game were thinking.
on February 6, 2014
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
I bought this for my nephew. I hope he likes it. Very courteous and helpful. Good price. Wonderful service. The product is good, I assume. I did not test it, yet. I wish him the best.