Max Payne 3 [Online Game Code]
- Requires Steam Client to activate. Steam key only valid in North America.
- For information about online services, fees, restrictions, or software license terms that may apply to this game, please visit www.rockstargames.com
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.
Featuring cutting edge shooting mechanics for precision gunplay, advanced new Bullet Time (R) and Shootdodge (TM) effects, full integration of Natural Motion's Euphoria Character Behavior system for lifelike movement and a dark and twisted story, Max Payne 3 is a seamless, highly detailed, cinematic experience from Rockstar Games.
In addition to an expansive single-player campaign, Max Payne 3 will also be the first entry in the series to introduce a thorough and engrossing multiplayer experience. Max Payne 3 multiplayer brings the same cinematic feel, fluid gunplay and sense of movement of the single-player game into the realm of online multiplayer. Using the fiction and signature gameplay elements of the Max Payne universe, Max Payne 3 features a wide range of new and traditional multiplayer modes that play on the themes of paranoia, betrayal and heroism, all delivered with the same epic visual style of the single player game.
A feature debuting in Max Payne 3 and carrying over to Grand Theft Auto V and future appropriate titles is Crews, which go beyond traditional online clans by allowing players to join large public Crews or simply create a private Crew that members can customize. In this way, Crews help players keep the fight alive from match to match - and even across titles - through the Rockstar Games Social Club, which will keep track of Crew stats, including Feuds.
- Developed by Rockstar Games for a seamless, highly detailed, cinematic experience
- Advanced Bullet Time and Shootdodge and Final Kill-cam mechanics for stylish shooting action
- Cutting edge aiming, targeting and animation processes for precise, fluid gunplay
- A dark, twisted story chronicling the return of Max Payne, one of the most iconic characters in videogames
- Tight integration between Natural Motion’s Euphoria Character Behavior System and a brand new iteration of the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) for lifelike movement and a new level of environmental awareness
- A wide range of weapons rendered in incredible detail: hammers cock back, shells eject from the chamber and each bullet is individually modeled from the split second it’s fired to the moment of impact.
- Advanced particle physics and destructible environments set the stage for dramatic and chaotic gun fights
- New to the series, a compelling and addictive multiplayer experience to match the dark and relentless atmosphere of the single-player game
Retired Feature: Online Multiplayer for Max Payne 3 on Mac will no longer be available in-game as of 5/31/14.
You must accept the license available online at rockstargames.com/eula. Non-transferable access to special features such as exclusive, unlockable, downloadable or online content, services, or functions may require single-use serial code, additional fee and/or online account registration (13+). Violation of EULA, Code of Conduct, or other policies may result in restriction or termination of access to game or online account. Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified, or offered under different terms. The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not intended to represent or depict any actual event, person, or entity. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame. Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission, public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy protection is strictly prohibited.
PC System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3
- Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ - i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ / AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ - FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ
- Memory: 2GB - 16GB
- Hard Disk Space: 35 Gigs
- Video Card: NVIDIA 8600 GT 512MB VRAM – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB VRAM / Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM - Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM
- Sound Card: 100% Direct X 9.0 compatible – Direct X 9.0 compatible supporting Dolby Digital Live
- Additional:Please refer to your hardware manufacturer and www.rockstargames.com/support for current compatibility information. Some system components such as mobile chipsets,
Integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible. Unlisted specifications may not be supported by publisher.
- Other Requirements: Initial activation requires internet connection and a valid Rockstar Social Club account (13+ to register); Online play requires log-in to Rockstar Social Club (13+); software installation required including GameShield IronWrap; DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).
Mac System Requirements:
- OS: Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion
- Processor: Intel Dual Core Xeon / Core i Series 2.4 GHZ or greater
- Memory: 4GB
- Hard Disk Space: 32GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA® 8800GT 512MB VRAM / AMD Radeon HD 4870 512 VRAM
Steam account required for game activation and installation. This title is SteamPlay enabled.
Platform: PC Download - Steam DRM | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
Got about halfway through and got bored
Gameplay features a third person view, a variety of guns (of which you're only limited to 2 at a time) and the series staple 'bullettime'. I enjoyed the camera angle (which I commend for allowing the player to switch from left shoulder view to the right side with a button press, too many 3rd person shooter don't allow that and I hate that). Gunplay is fun, but a tad stale. Once you've shot a virtual Ak you've shot them all. I also very rarely used the bullet time, I found it a tad frustrating to aim whilst in mid-air.
Storywise it does a great job wrapping up the 10+ year legacy of Max Payne games, and for those they haven't played a game in the franchise before you won't feel lost. The narrative fills in the player on past events very well, and stands on its own merits just fine.
Visually the game is impressive and very detailed. Just looking around Max's apartment for the first time you can see the care and time that went into its creation.
I would highly recommend this to any fan of shooters,story lovers, or Max Payne follower.
The locales are well-realized (from Brazilian favela's, to corporate office buildings, to fancy yachts). I have always enjoyed Max;s hard-boiled, fatalistic narrative. Since Rockstar is the publisher, the production value is high and the music is great.
The gameplay is adequate if you are into the story. Otherwise, the game does suffer from occasional repetitive gameplay and sometimes gimmicks.
Finally, maybe I didn't play the game the way the developer's intended, but I found myself using Slow-mo dive shooting a whole lot more than crouching behind cover.
Again, if you are a fan of the Max Payne series, or have heard about it and want some of that in a modern game, this is a recommended buy. I see the game regularly discounted, so at a reduced price this is definitely a buy.
On to the game play. I love the graphics and story line, I sit there in anticipation waiting more than wanting to play it. It makes it feel more in-depth when it comes to the characters. When its comes to my turn to shoot em up the slow motion max payne style shooting is back AGAIN this time even better. Sometimes there is a bug behind cover where you are aiming at the target and instead of shooting at him, Max becomes a jerk and starts to shoot straight up in the air. (got me killed a couple times)
The sad part about this game is the mindless shooting style gameplay. Yes thats what max does but all you do is start the mission, walk around get shot at, then say "that was a lot of dudes, cant wait for the cut scene" only to have it drag out into MORE fire fights even though you just moved 10yards or into another room. There is no stealth aspect to it also. I can be sitting behind a box and go for a slow-motion headshot and they see me because they have special eyes in the back of the head. It just becomes repetitive and starts to lose interest but then the cut scene kicks in then I say eh I guess ill go on to see how it ends. Literally it felt like half way through the game they switched the support characters by reskinning them and then made it a different mission (like getting away from a mob of dudes).
All in all I got a good deal and was happy I didnt pay the new release price because it becomes stale and has no other objectives that just run and gun (what did i expect). The only thing that keeps it afloat is the cut scenes are like 3+min of you going "ohhhhh damn that just happened, what a twist".
Get it for friends who like campaign games to pass time. I believe the story is 8 hours worth.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game is a lot of fun! I highly recommend it. I had never played the previous max paynes but had no problems jumping into this one. Read morePublished 10 days ago by James Majdanac
Pretty good game, the gameplay is solid and the graphics are great. The cutscenes can be a bit long but the story is engaging and if you're a fan of Max Payne it's a must play.Published 20 days ago by S Waters
game stops working after the helicopter section. I really want to finish it but it just wont work past that point!Published 1 month ago by K. Ting
Great story. Definitely worth it if purchased below $10 at this point. Played it with a 3570k on 660, ran smoothly and looked great.Published 3 months ago by TikkiTokiTam
What can I say? Culmination of the Max Payne story. Very noir. Some levels felt a bit tired.Published 7 months ago by Michael Schultz