Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 25, 2015
100% recommend. Cleared my seatbelt light on my 2001 VW Jetta 2.0 GLS. I've used multiple other scanners and this is hands down my favorite. Not only does it pull codes, it has the code definition on display. If you drive a VW or Audi....just buy this scanner. If you use it once...it pays for itself twice over. It's easy to use, plug and play, easy to read and comes with a nice carrying case. I'm not easily impressed, and I hardly ever write reviews...but this scanner deserved it. You can't go wrong here.
on September 10, 2012
At first I was a bit leery because of price, got it next day saver UPS and Has way more than tells you. Does almost everything my Snapon Solus does. For someone who want a small scanner for Audi/VW this thing is it. For the Price absolutely worth it.
on November 14, 2012
Had a check engine light on for the last couple weeks. Was not only able to find out the fault code. But this wonderful scanner also translates it for you so there's no lookup needed. It also clears fault codes once you've made the repair. Things you can do with this scanner: turn off Malfunction indicator lights (dashboard), Reset service interval reminders, run OBDII pass/fail tests (especially useful if you need to take the car in for a smogcheck).

It will also work on non VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda cars that have the OBDII connector and read certain codes, but won't clear dashboard lights if they're triggered.

Also tested on my girlfriends BMW 5-series, was able to read the code as to why the check engine light was on, but wasn't able to clear it. (may need a BMW specific scanner tool).

Comes with a carrying bag and all the cables you'll need. Pretty sturdy, well-built, and the blacklit/matrix display was a lot nicer than expected.

This device definitely saved me a trip to the dealership and a costly diagnostic fee.

Instructions say it will work on VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda 2001 and up with an OBDII port.
on October 17, 2012
i have a 2007 vw gli with an airbag fault the dealer said it needed a new seat airbag i read code researched on internet and just erased airbag code and airbag light is now off dealer said airbag light would not reset they wanted $800 for new airbag. charged $110 diagnostic fee. live and learn. best $45 ever spent.
on May 9, 2015
Seller failed to mention that this scanner has not been supported by the manufacturer since 2012 which means it can not be updated and not all functions work as they should. The current supported model is the VAG505.
on September 29, 2012
I have pulled codes before from my Audi 100 by shorting the ECU with a paper clip and counting blinks of the Check Engine light and it wprked well (for examples check the quattroworld forums or audiworld forums). However this time the problem was more profound. I had to clear codes from the Airbag computer and it didn't work by disconnecting the battery even for more than 24 hours. This unit did the job right away. Now I have the peace of mind. Will keep it for my future Audis.
By the way an adapter is needed for the 2x2 connectors. It can be found on ebay.
on April 21, 2015
Has worked great so far for pulling codes on a A6 and clearing them.
For the price I have found this to be a really nice product.
This will work on any make or model but it's designed for Volkswagen and Audi.
on October 19, 2012
I purchased based on so many comments that said this was a great product to get. Many saying it is very much worth the money. I did have a radio installation problem that caused it to have an error, but after that was fixed, it was able to connect. It was used to reset the check engine and air bag lights and it did the job well. There were not any issues found due to the check engine light.

I would recommend this product to anyone with a Volkswagen. Worked perfectly.
on June 24, 2014
The first unit I received was Dead On Arrival, as it can sometimes happen. Amazon prime immediately sent a replacement and I had it two days later. Fingers-crossed, this unit has been working fine. In addition to basic OBD-II code scanning and Check Engine Light re-setting (which works on all makes--I've used it on my Ford), this unit will let you dig a bit deeper into the VAG system routines for VWs and Audi's. It works on our 2003 VW Eurovan. It can see various systems on the engine, transmission, climate control, electrical systems, exhaust monitoring, and Antilock Brakes. It doesn't allow much adjustment of those systems; it will only scan these VAG systems and give you any stored VAG-specific fault codes. And it also can erase fault codes in any of the VAG routines that it finds. There is a good database collection of the VAG fault codes and the recommended repair procedures for them available through the software tool company that makes another VAG-COM product--Google it. For the occasional D-I-Y VW/Audi owner who just wants to find out what's causing the particular malfunction light, this tool is a good, economical alternative to the genuine VAG-scanner at your stealership. And it's also a good choice compared to the other software-based scan tool from that other company, although I do like the additional interface capabilities that their scan software has, especially if the repair process requires more than a simple fault code clearing. For the price, it is worth having this tool, even if it doesn't last, it's much cheaper than the mechanics costs.
on June 2, 2012
This product is a no brainer. Especially for anyone with an audi for VW. I bought this and used it once i received it. I had a check engine light on and my audi was running weird while idling. The maxscan gave me a code and told me engine coolant sensor on the screen. So there is no running to manual to see what it means, its all on the screen for you. I looked on the computer at the code and found that the weird idle is from a bad sensor, which is a normal issue with my make and model. The dealership charges 60% to diagnose your car and this only costs 50$. PAYS FOR ITSELF INSTANTLY. LOVE THIS!