Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Maxell 190319 HP-100 Lightweight Stereo Headphones, Black
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 16, 2016
I work in a middle school special needs classroom. We have 2 autistic boys in the room who spend their daily computer time watching movie clips from various children's movies and TV shows. They usually watch the same clip over and over and over. It gets really annoying and loud with 2 different soundtracks going on simultaneously. They were using ear buds when watching their clips, but those broke before the holidays. After a week of no headphones, I decided to order these for them. I actually ordered 3 pairs, one for each of our classroom computers. These aren't super high quality headphones, but they are working great for our students. Yes, it would be wonderful if we had some of those nice, padded, over the ear earphones, but we don't. Since these were purchased with my own money, this was what was in my budget. I'm not sure I would order these for myself, but for the students, they do the job!
review image
on December 9, 2011
I bought this to replace an older Maxell headset which I've carried in my computer bag for years. They are small enough to work but are nowhere near the volume output of the old ones. However I gave it 3 stars because it otherwise works fine and seems to be well made and..."grandpa-bill doesn't hear as good as he used to" so these would probably be fine if your hearing is good.
on April 13, 2015
Snug fit, crispy clear with nice loud or soft volume control and light as a feather.
Last year it wasnt so easy to find light -weight earphones in the common multi-purpose stores or radio-shack. Cheapest was $15 plus for large, sweaty saucers and no real volume. So paying more than $10 will not necessarily buy you much. These babies were $10 dollars each in a pack of three and excellent quality
on January 5, 2015
These are in the Goldilocks Zone: Just Right-Just Right-Just Right! They are just the right price to feed to my 8 and 11 year old, both of whom have 'breakable tendencies.' Six of these lasted 9 months, an absolute bargain compared to the more expensive sets I was buying based on an assumption of robustness. These are just right so that they can be hauled around, dropped, kicked, jammed in the bottom of a backpack and they just spring back.

It takes quite a lot to do them in, and in the meantime, blessed silence, since each child is welcome to plug their headphones into their tablet so that the rest of the house doesn't have to listen to game-play or inane music for hours on end. A lifesaver on a plane, roadtrip, etc. For ears too small to accept earbuds, these are the perfect compromise.

The sound is tolerable....for games or light music listening. Not a lot of dynamic range for this price point, but that's not what I'm praising them for.
on May 14, 2012
They're made of 100% plastic. The right side did not work on first use. They also feel very delicate in my hands like they're easily broken. But for the price, hey. I might have a different opinion if they worked out of the box.
on December 25, 2015
Cost ok; fits flat on ears with wire to left side. one wire (a good thing) reasonably thick with good male plug. Wire attachment is weak due to lack of moulded strain relief. Strain relief is loose tube which is better than nothing; perhaps a little glue between the wire and tube would be an improvement? Sound is not loud and is not as good as my other, cheap memorex. Padding is thin foam which probably helps by providing friction to keep the speakers in place on the ear.
on March 2, 2013
Headphones for my young son... Priced so that I don't have a meltdown when he breaks them! Not for Audiophiles, but a nice inexpensive choice for kids.
on June 11, 2016
Super cheap and worth it. They fit my 3 year old and 2 year old heads perfectly. No slipping. These were lifesavers on our plane rides. They are cheap enough that I can just buy more when they break (and with the way my 2 little ones handle them, I'm surprise they lasted this long).
on April 3, 2016
I bought these instead of other ones I've purchased for my classroom in the past. These, when my students pulled the foam off the ears, had wires exposed. At least the other cheap headphones I had were just exposed plastic speakers when the foam came off. I would not recommend these to anyone.
on May 10, 2015
I have already written a review for these little headphones. They are small and you get what you pay for. I love them because they fit my pea sized head! They are also cheap enough that if I sit on them or they do break I can replace them without tears. The sound is not incredible but definitely okay. I use these more than the more expensive pairs I have bought. They are small enough to fit a child and if you are hard on your headphones these are a great little extra pair to have around. I really enjoy mine.