5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money. Pay for itself in one trip.
Published on January 26, 2007 by J. Cabanski

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised
I purchased both this Maxell unit and a Koss one from Dealaroma through Amazon. Neither unit had the shoulder which is seen in the picture and is described. The shoulder is necessary for a proper connection on some aircraft. In addition, although one is advertised as "Maxell" and one as "Koss", the ones that arrived are identical and have no brand information on them.
Published 15 months ago by T-Bone

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money. Pay for itself in one trip., January 26, 2007
J. Cabanski "lynnredbug" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxell AA-I Airline Adapter (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I love this adapter. I can enjoy airline movies without having to spend five bucks buying the headphones I can't use anywhere else except on oither airplanes. On international flights, headphones are free but I still prefer using my own in-ear headphones with the adapter. The only problem is, the adapter is so small, I lost three of them already. But that's not the adapter's fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Airline Adapter, January 18, 2008
I bought this adapter on a whim a few days before some international travel. I didn't expect to use it as I haven't seen a dual headphone jack on an airliner for years. The first leg of my travel was a 14 hour flight, and sure enough, dual headphone jacks.

Having the adapter saved me, I was able to use my Bose over-ear headphones and avoid the bad sound and discomfort of the in-flight headphones. This airline had movies on demand in the seatback and I ended up watching five movies in total pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have 1, May 6, 2007
I just flew Contintenal from NJ to SF and this was great! I used my noise canceling headphones and was very pleased not to have to use the ear hurting airline torture devices! Fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumb your nose at the evil arilines., January 30, 2010
The only reason that airlines have special jacks is so that they could charge you for special disposable headphones to pay for cabin movies. This adapter makes it possible to use noise isolating buds or bose headphones easily.

The L-shaped design is well thought out, since the outlets are usually facing inward to the seat or on the edge of the handrest, it can be easily plugged and used without having your headset cord sticking you in the ribs. reduces stress on your headphones plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value on this adapter., April 14, 2009
S. Britnell (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent little adapter with a very solid feel to the connection point between it and your headphones. I didn't notice any reduction in sound quality because of the adapter either.

Do note though that shipping is a killer when you don't read the bit at the top that says "not eligible for Amazon Prime" and think it's coming to you at cost. By killer I mean a couple bucks but hey maybe this review will help someone else feel less stupid because of my mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companion to you own headphones, June 15, 2008
Kathleen (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
If you are planning to take an airline trip anytime soon and love to watch the movies they provide, then this product is a good companion to your own head phones. Just plug in your own head phone wire into this airline adapter, which is conveniently the exact required plug that fits in the airline arm rest, and voila you are ready to go. No more paying for airline movies/earphones (currently $5.00) and even better, this adapter is reusable for future flights.

5.0 out of 5 stars works fine, July 6, 2007
This thing works fine for me. Now I can listen to the movies on the plane without using the cheap airplane earphones. I like the size. It fits anywhere. Extremely portable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Airline Adapter, August 29, 2006
This adapter is very handy on airplanes. I can use my own, nice headphone and plug in the adapter, and be able to watch movies on the plane. I find the airline headphones are very uncomfortable; sometimes even hurt my ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price and quality, March 8, 2007
I couldnt find a cheaper adapter in stores. This one works just fine for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars must have gizmo, May 30, 2010
Kat (los angeles CA) - See all my reviews
Although I did not have to use the adapter on the planes I recently flew (Iberia & American, if the plane you fly has 2 prong outlet, the adapter is a must have in order to avoid annoying one bud audio performance. I think the 2 prong adapter is necessary for newer planes with personal screens. Iberia and American planes did not have personal screens. The last adapter I bought in Japan cost $19 and it broke. At this price, it is worth having the adapter just in case.

Rate and Discover Movies