1,173 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you are getting 5
Just a warning that at least one of these sellers [bestpricemedia.] is only shipping one battery, not 5, but most seem to be shipping 5, make sure before you order.
Published on December 13, 2009 by Dan Heck

3.0 out of 5 stars Tested: There are better cheap 2032's on Amazon
Published on April 25, 2011 by Not Me

3.0 out of 5 stars Tested: There are better cheap 2032's on Amazon, April 25, 2011
Got my 5-pack of individually sealed Maxell batteries from the vendor, Best Price Mirror for a reasonable price shipped. There is NO use by date on the package/packages and they were made in Japan. See some of my other reviews on batteries if you want to compare. These batteries are a bit too stale for my interest, but for the price they will give you lukewarm results. I tested the open voltage on them and they vary but average 3.07 V at 23 C. That qualifies as a new battery, but it is far from fresh as a new shipment of (Duracell's, Energizer's, etc.) from the local department store. Great batteries start out with open voltages around 3.35 V. The significance of the 3.07 V value in this case is that either they are two or three years old, or were stored less time but in a warm place (or they meet a lower spec, or are off spec).

Overall, these Maxell CR 2032's don't measure up to the Sony's (5-pack individual perforated blisters, made in Indonesia) which I ordered at the same time on Amazon and arrived the same day and I measured alongside them - the Sony's were purchased from National Brand Dist and had an open voltage of 3.20 V and were all uniform, which is great. The lower voltage would not indicate to more than 40% loss and still exceeds the manufacturers spec sheet claim (which is purposely a conservative claim). I also tested these batteries side by side with new Energizers and new Duracell's, which were both over 3.3 V. The Maxell's were packaged similarly as the Sony's in 5 attached on a perforated card with individual sealed blisters. However, their open voltage was only 3.07 V on the average. Unfortunately for the Maxell's, there was variation among the Maxell voltages among those batteries - this is not as good and was not the case with the Sony's. The Sony's beat them hands down. My dead batteries all have open voltages between 2.75 V and 2.80 V in my kitchen scale application. While the discharge is not "linear" it still gives a good idea of what you are getting and I feel comfortable with my conclusions.

I don't recommend these Maxell CR 2032's 5-pack, individually packaged from Best Price Mirror if my shipment was representative of all the sales. I've reviewed other cheapies and have not recommended any of them ... except the Sony's. I hope yours works out as well: Good luck!

EDIT May 16, 2011: I edited out that the Sony's were cheaper since this is variable. I would like to add that in my application, which has a pretty uniform use, the kitchen food scale, a pair of 'new' Maxells ordered (of the five-pack) and reviewed here lasted 19 days. This compares to new Duracells from the supermarket (with starting open voltages over 3.35V) which lasted 53 days for the same scale immediately before this purchase. That is ony 35% of the energy I got from the Duracells. To allow that they may have been used a bit more, in the best case they had up to 50% the juice of new Duracells for me, probably less in the practical use (vs. my estimate on voltages of 60%). Anyway it is basically in the same ballpark. One further comment: If you are going to buy these and your device takes pairs of batteries, buying 5 will leave you with an extra as you burn through them. So you might have to get 10 (two five packs) in that case. I would not recommend pairing these Maxell batteries in light of the results, since batteries working together should drain uniformly to get the maximum economy out of your purchase. Frankly, these are different enough in initial charge as purchased that I'm going to check the remaining three individually and pair the closest two. That is another reson these batteries were a pain. Good luck with your set.

[second EDIT update June 4, 2011: a second set of Maxell's once again lasted 19 days in the same kitchen scale application].

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for...., January 17, 2011
Received these batteries to replace the ones in the bathroom scale. After several searches I ordered these as the price could not be beat. Waited patiently for them to come arrive from somewhere overseas. When they did arrive they looked as pictured; a sealed blister pack of 5 Maxell batteries.
Sadly not a single one of the batteries worked - they are stamped with "09" on every single battery (not sure if that is their expiration year but regardless they are duds.
Too bad as it seems like these got a large number of postive reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars batteries are crap, September 10, 2011
I went thru the whole 5 pack in half the time of my old battery lasted. It was used in a weight scale. I even had the same brand for my old battery the only difference is this 5 pack had a 07 stamped on and my old battery had a 09 on it. DON"T BUY

4.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you are getting 5, December 13, 2009

1.0 out of 5 stars Old stock or Left Over Items Were shipped and which are not in the same package as show here., February 27, 2010
I have recived 5 batteries in zip loc bags, its not same as sealed pack. we never know whether they are brand new or why they were out of the pack.Currently using the first one since i purchased. I guess atleast batteries work fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars D.O.A., January 24, 2011
I ordered 2 packs of batteries for the many computers that need them. Both packs were dead on arrival. There aren't any dates on the batteries, but I can only assume that they are LONG past expired. Do not order from this seller!

2.0 out of 5 stars Only half the batteries, August 2, 2010
J. Blazina "type11error" (Los Angelese Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Received these quick. Only half the batteries worked however, check with a volt meter. I believe they expired in 04 which is why they were so cheap =(

1.0 out of 5 stars Scam or abysmal quality control, you make the call., April 29, 2012
All five batteries had obvious surface scratches, all were DOA.
Other one-star reviewers have suffered the same, or similar fate.
If you enjoy gambling, these batteries are the perfect choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maxell CR2032 lithium batteries (pack of 5 ) - Poor Quality, April 9, 2012
I bought this pack of battery. New batteries taken out of the pack shows it has only 50% of the charge i.e, 50% is dead.

1.0 out of 5 stars The battery sold by the seller are useless, April 9, 2010
The batteries I received is not in retail package like what the photo shows on the web. It's in bulk package (5 batteries in a plastic bag). The batteries are cheap and they work. I am not sure how long the batteries will last because I just use it for my bathroom scale. Well, you pay for what you get, so don't expect too much for the price you pay.

Updated my experience on July 14, 2010:

Don't buy the battery from this seller. These batteries are useless! I replaced the old batteries in my devices with the new batteries I ordered from this seller. It's terrible that the power only last for few days while the old battery, which came with the product I bought, lasted for few month before I replaced them with these "new batteries".

Maxell CR2032 lithium batteries -pack of 5