1,771 Reviews
 (1,189)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most economical AAA batteries available
The ratio of amount of energy you get per dollar with these batteries if far superior then any others available. They don't last the longest, but if you can live with replacing them slightly more often, you'll get much more bang for your buck.

Published on August 22, 2012 by Chris F

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for high volume, poor on endurance vs Duracell Procell
Published on March 22, 2011 by NikNak

5.0 out of 5 stars Most economical AAA batteries available, August 22, 2012

I bought these for general use for items that cannot use nimh rechargeables (because of their lower voltage). These have an average voltage of 1.58-1.6v. The expiration date on the batteries I got were almost 5 years from date of purchase. After 6months of storage, the few that remain show a voltage drop of less then 0.02v.

I tested these in a small black diamond headlamp to compare to other batteries. These lasted roughly 80hrs. Duracell ultra lasted about 90hrs. Amazon's lasted about 75hrs. Harborfreight lasted about 75hrs. Energizer Rechargeables lasted about 40hrs (any rechargeable wouldve had the same result). So as you can see they dont really last as long as others ( I know the duracell's I tested for sure, I'm confident there are others ), but if they aren't critical to last the longest ( IE in a headlamp where you dont want to carry spare batteries around ) then they are a great economical battery. If you are using these for camera flash or something else that drains a lot of power quick - you might want to look into lithiums - they'll server your purpose better.

I used subscribe and save to save money on them, definitely made it worth it (even if you only get one shippment).

4.0 out of 5 stars a cost effective alternative to waiting in line at Walmart for batteries, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Maxell LR6 AA Cell 48 Pack Box Battery (723443) (Health and Beauty)
These Maxell batteries are alkaline and are of a name brand quality. If you refer to Consumer Reports you will see that with a few exceptions, there is little variation in the life of alkaline batteries of equal sizes between brands. I would recommend these batteries to anyone who does not frequent a Sams Club or Costco: their store brands are a slightly better value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Batteries, August 20, 2010
Long lasting and very affordable. Won't ever buy batteries in the store again. Bulk package is the only way. We use this for all of our kids toys as well as everything else and they last long! I also highly recommed them for photo use..I use them in my 580 EXII and my battery packs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bang for your buck!, June 30, 2012
The price per quantity of these batteries are amazing. They are generally the cheapest on Amazon, and anywhere else you find. Most of them come charged to about 1.66v-1.68v, fairly average. The only longevity tests I've done is with a led headlamp: These lasted about 110hrs, Duracells lasted about 125hrs, and harborfreight was about 90hrs. They aren't the longest lasting brand out there, but if you consider the quantity you get for the same price, it is definitely worth it. If you get these off of Amazon, sign up for the subscribe and save and get them even cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last a long time, September 17, 2011
I've bought batteries in bulk online before only to get batteries that seem to need replacing more frequently. These go the distance. I've had no problems with length of usage, these are fresh batteries.

I buy the "AA" and "AAA" sizes for my house and I also send them to my brother because I tend to buy my nephew lots of toys that require batteries.

[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but, keep terminals clean., May 5, 2011
Glen A. Williamson (Danville, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Good value, but, keep terminals clean.

These batteries (my batch) suffer from dirty terminals. They will appear to be at the end of a very short life and I am ready to throw them away--in disgust. However, I have discovered that by wiping the terminals clean they are as good as new.

Otherwise, the batteries are as good as any others I've used.

I've found that cleaning the whole batch with alcohol solves the problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for high volume, poor on endurance vs Duracell Procell, March 22, 2011
I have been steadily purchasing either Maxell's or Durcell Procell's over the past year or so. If you just need decent battery life for lots of devices, than these Maxell's are the way to go. However, if you prefer not to change your batteries out so often, than go with the Duracell Procell. The Duracell's last 1.5x longer than the Maxell's. Of course, you'll notice the price indicates that too.

Bottom line for me...Buy Durcell Procell's and have less waste and less time spent changing batteries. Buy Maxell's for quick power in large volumes.

Uses:
Hand held printers
Wireless Mice
Wireless Keyboards
Motorola 2 way radios
Flash lights

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value AAA Batteries - Recommended, May 20, 2010
These Maxell AAAs are a good value for batteries that are a step above generics, but not as long lasting as higher-end brands (like Duracell Coppertop AAA 20 Count Pack - which I also recommend). We use these in a MP3 speaker system that gets used every day and we find that these generally give out a day or so before Duracells (an unscientific observation).

The Maxell batteries come in at about 32 cents apiece vs 50 cents for Duracells (we have Amazon PRIME so get free shipping). The pack we received have a shelf-life of 5 years (2015), which is plenty long for the rate we go through these.

Recommended!

CFH

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries are great, but I have found a better deal., June 20, 2012
These batteries are just great. I was looking for the best price on batteries when I found these Maxell AAA and AA packs. These were pretty much the best price on Amazon when considering unit cost and quality.

After ordering these I stumbled upon 100 Packs of Alkaline batteries at my Lowes for just $20! They're lasting just as well as any other AA and AAA batteries I have used. And 100 for $20 is much cheaper than anything I have found.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some work just fine, others do not!, January 14, 2012
We use a lot of this size of battery and thought we'd give these a try; sure glad we did! They work just fine and after using an entire box and now on our 2nd box, we find that they are lasting about the same amount of time as the lower end batteries purchased at discount stores, (which cost more than these, so saves money); give them a try, you'll be glad you did.

UPDATE May 13, 2012: The 2nd box of batteries had many that were very short lived, while others lasted as well as your average battery. So it turns out, they may cost less, but some of them will die much too quickly; this isn't a savings. We must have gotten a good box the first time and second box had defective ones.

Rate and Discover Movies