5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me!
Maybe Maxell has redesigned the cord since the previous set of reviews, but it is working great for me.

I was very hesitant to buy the the cord because of the past poor reviews but figured it was worth giving a chance since all I wanted to do was be able to listen to Napster while running on my treadmill at home and my other alternatives were either 1) buy an...
Published on March 27, 2006 by Arizona reviewer

1.0 out of 5 stars More like 10 Feet
I bought this extension cord solely because it claimed to be 20 feet long -- so I could listen to CDs while doing computer work.
The cord, plus the 5-foot cord on the headphones, would give me about 25 feet -- more than I needed for the distance.
However, this cord was so tightly spiraled that it stretched only about 10 feet before the plug pulled out -- useless...
Published on January 13, 2002 by cyberfan

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as expected, November 9, 2006
This review is from: Maxell HP-20 Headphone Extension Cord with Adapters (190399) (Electronics)
This extension cord did what it was supposed to do and did it just fine. No problems whatsoever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Long cord didn't work, March 19, 2005
Name (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
The long cord simply didn't work. I returned it to Maxell, using the address on the back of the package, and had the product returned to me because the facility has closed. I've spent almost $5 trying to return an $8 product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fulfills its purpose well, September 15, 2001
Amazon Customer "jwsnider83" (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
I know others have commented that the cord is rather heavy, but the connection snaps very tight between the headphones and the extender, so you don't need to worry about them separating with a sudden movement. Great alternative to wireless headphones, and useful if you alternate an your computer or stereosystem between headphones and speakers ( it comes with a y connector, allowing you to plug two devices into one output source). My only objection is the price, but it's tough to find products out there like this.

1.0 out of 5 stars What is this thing you call stereo?, January 29, 2013
James (Chantilly, VA) - See all my reviews
I bought this cord to listen to music while I work (my headphones cable is too short to reach comfortably from my PC's audio out port to my head). This cable basically drops one of the audio channels. Useless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, August 26, 2009
K. Brown (Milwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
Hey, it's long and it's cheap, and it works. It would be nice to have gold plated contacts but if I get a few years out of it before it gets scratchy, it was worth the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical Quailty and Design, name brand not generic, July 22, 2008
They are mostly what you'd expect but the connections appear to be steel and lack gold plating unlike all my other connectors. It has the usual adapters but it's missing a matching mini to 1/4" one for headphones or additional cables that use 1/4" plugs. Cost is probably similar to what it would be at Walmart or Super Target IF you have one nearby but the shipping was free. Since it's from Maxell the warrantee actually has meaning since they'll still be around in a few months unlike if you buy one of the generic options from Amazon.com or elsewhere. I took off a star just because gold plating would have been slightly better but if you don't care then consider it as a 4 star product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fulfills its purpose well, September 15, 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, February 21, 2013
I purchased this extension cable for my husband to be able to plug into his computer in his office so he could walk around with his headphones on. The cable made the sound quality HORRIBLE!! You could hear the instrument portion of any music or video you played, but the vocals sounded like they were in a cave. We tried this with his ipod, music on the hard drive, videos on the hard drive, and youtube. Same results from all. I finally bought him a 10 ft cable from Monoprice for almost the same price as this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Believe the one-star reviews and buy something else, August 30, 2012
Received this extension cord and started using it today. Already the contact to the earbuds has broken. And no, I was not rough with it. Like someone else said, it has to be hooked up just right to make contact - which in my case means it's most of the way out and will have to be reinforced with electrical tape to keep it in just the right place. I'd send it back, but it's not worth sinking more money into the shipping cost.

Doesn't anyone make a quality product anymore??? So frustrating.

4.0 out of 5 stars The cord is perfect!, January 17, 2010
Dane F. Black "Dane Black" (Northeast Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
I have not used any of the adapters, but I bought this item for the cord anyhow. It works very well for stretching all the way across the room so that I can listen to the TV while I workout on my elliptical. No problems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›