4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pair of Earbuds
It is a decent pair of earbuds for the price. It is comfortable to my ears but may easily not for others. Buds are made of hard rubber and not really soft enough (not "jellylike" or "jeleez" as the package seems to convey) to conform with the shape of your inner ears.

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Good audio at both low and high volume (What would you ask for...
Published on July 11, 2008 by Nuknuk

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great
Published on December 21, 2009 by C. Parker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, December 21, 2009
C. Parker (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
These are called "Jelleez" which, along with the fact that the label says "soft rubber" might lead you to believe, like I did, that these will be soft and fit comfortably in your ear. Don't believe it. If there is any soft rubber, then there's only a tiny layer of it over hard plastic. They're not really squishy or soft. These would not stay in your ears that well, unless you pushed them in and that's just not comfortable.
And, as another reviewer mentions, the cord is rather short. The sound is Ok, about as good as I'd expect from $10 headphones.

I paid $9.99, which isn't a lot, but when you can buy Sony MDR-J10 h.ear Headphones with Non-Slip Design (Black) that are super-comfortable, sound great and stay put - for about the same price - why bother with these?

I expected better quality from Maxell.

1.0 out of 5 stars Email to Maxell regarding Jelleez., March 12, 2011
I really just wanted the chance to leave a complaint.

I have been buying maxell headphones and earbuds for as long as I can remember. Headphones for drumming, earbuds for the gym. I have always been happy with the products and always bought more. However....

I recently had to replace my gym earbuds. I stopped at duane read to pick up another pair of maxell earbuds. $15 for a pair of maxell jelleez, I thought it was expensive for a pair of short life gym earbuds, but I bought them knowing my success rate with your products.

Well.... I don't understand how these headphones got all the way through the design process and manufacturing with no one pointing out this problems. The biggest being, THEY DON'T FIT IN HUMAN EARS! It's not just me that has said this, I ask everyone I know to try them on when I have them around. They fit no one. They don't stay in place at all. The taper runs the wrong way. They are widest at the end. How were these manufactured? Secondly, they are without a doubt the worst sounding headphones/earbuds I have ever heard. There is no bass, and the highend stuff is so monotone and low. It's like a low grumble, never changing frequency.

Please Please Please stop manufacturing these earbuds, especially when they sell for $15.

Long time fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pair of Earbuds, July 11, 2008
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Good audio at both low and high volume (What would you ask for a 5-10$ earbuds? I am not expecting it to sound like a 99$ Bose or 300$ Shure)
- No detachable foam or silicon buds to lose

Cons:
- The size of the earbuds will not fit everybody.
- The cord is too wiry and rubbery. The surface is a dust magnet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money!, February 4, 2010
I bought these at a local retailer and I'm very disappointed.

The sound quality is terrible (there's no bass and the highs sound very empty).
They actually hurt my ears to wear them. Most headphones have the large opening which is placed in the ear and it tapers down sharply in order for it to rest in the ear behind the ear flap. These taper down very slowly and do not fit in the ear well and are very uncomfortable. The placement of the stem that connects the cord and speaker is suspect also. The stem does not fit in the channel of my ear (between the ear flap and the earlobe) like most other earphones I've used do. With everything not fitting correctly, they actually get turned in my ear while I run which further decreases the sound quality.

The cord is relatively short but I actually kind of like this (less to wind up to get out of the way). The cord and earpieces are coated with a very soft (almost tacky) rubber. The problem with this is that it's only a very thin coating and the earpieces do not give.

I've had 2 pair of headphones (Sony and Iriver), which worked pretty well for me, die recently and finding a decent replacement is difficult. I have a nice pair of the sony in the ear headphones that sound great when I'm not active but annoy me greatly when I'm running. If you are planning on running, I would recommend some headphones without the rubber cone that aren't inserted in the ear canal.

I hope this helps.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blue Earbuds, December 26, 2008
The transaction was great. The product itself was not what I expected. The cord is short and the buds themselves are big and uncomfortable. In an emergency they will work fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are not soft, and they are NOT comfortable., October 1, 2007
This review is from: Maxell EBCP Jelleez Earbubs (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I got these at my local Walgreens yesterday. They're much cheaper on Amazon, but still not worth it. They look like they should be soft and comfortable, and the name Jelleez certainly implies they would be, but thye are large and hard and did not stay in my ears.
I didn't even try listening to music through them because they were so UNCOMFORTABLE.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK for what it's worth..., July 18, 2010
I bought this at Fry's Electronics last June for less than $4 (employee discount..wink!), and for what it's worth its a fairly decent headset. It's true what the other reviews said about the "gelleez" comment: the main earbuds that go inside your ears are plastic and the gummy parts are the just wire and the cup coverings. The sound is ok, nothing like a Sennheiser or a Bose earbuds (of course), but about the same quality, or better than Coby and Koss el cheapo earbuds. Comfort-wise, I have smallish ear canals so it hurts when I use it for more than an hour.

Would I recommend it? If you get it for less than $6, its great...buy it for anything more than $9.99, then it's a ripoff.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., December 4, 2008
Tyler Baczynski (Plainfield, Illinois) - See all my reviews
I got these as a replacement for my old headphones that stopped working recently. I had this pair for a little over a month before the right channel blew out. Just stopped working. I don't use these more than I would think is usual, just on the bus ride to and from school. About 40 minutes for 5 days out of the week.
The earphones themselves are made in an awkward shape that is heard to fit into your ear.
The plug isn't very sturdy either. With my old pair, you could drop whatever they were connected to and catch it by the cord just fine. With these, the slightest yank pulls it right out. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but it's frustrating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pair of earbuds, July 11, 2008
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- No detachable foam or silicon buds to lose

Cons:
- The size of the earbuds will not fit everybody.
- The cord is too wiry and rubbery. The surface is a dust magnet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, September 9, 2009
I'm very hard on headphones and earbuds. Sweat on, sit on, yank cords, bake in car, marinate in gym bag, bash on rocks when climbing, and roll over with office chair, you get the point. So I go through a LOT of headphones. I got these after the Nike "sport" stereo headphones suddenly went mono after 10 days, normally I would not get something so "cheap" but I needed some quickly. I can't tell you how surprised I was at the sound coming out of this sub $[...] set. Perfect headphones for workouts and other activities.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Maxell EBCP Jelleez Earbubs (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
$27.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.